1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Reaper

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Replay, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

Yeah I liked that little speech at the end. My guess is that Sam isn't the Devil's son but probably the AntiChrist.

2. Illution

Illution Seventh Year

The light on the prod was red when he poked the last demon multiple times. It finished recharging to green when he decided to hand th prod to the demon believing that there are ways to get his soul back. He even told Andy about the getting back soul thing. It's a little confusing.

Also Sock's hot Japanese sister is the same actor who played Kenso Takase's lover in Heroes.

3. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

Well Reaper was crushed horribly by American Idol last night, which is pretty much what the CW had in mind when they put it in 90210's time slot. They are sacrificing Reaper to save 90210.

4. Replay

Replay First Year

Please don't remind me. >_< I'm not holding out much hope for a season three.

Then again, I have no cable at home, so...at least it'll be over before summer vacation begins. :rolleyes:

The title of the last episode for season 2 sounds a bit promising/conclusive.

5. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    That's for sure. It looks like everything is going to be wrapped up this season and I really doubt there's going to be a season three, no matter how many fans plead for it. Which I see as a bit of a good thing since Reaper seems like a show that wouldn’t do well with lots of seasons.

6. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

Unfortunately, I won't be able to watch It tonight. I'll have to tape it instead.

Fortunately, I'll be watching the Watchmen tonight! :D

7. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Alright, this is my favorite episode of the show so far

The Devil was a fucking bad ass when he took out the demons, and it seems Sam is getting a little more practice with the whole hand to hand combat aspect of his job. At this point I'm kind of hoping Sam gives in and goes all Damien because I want to see him doing some Devil shit like we saw tonight and last I wonder whats going on with Ben and the demon girl. Has little Benny gone darkside?

8. Vira

High Score:
    Damn it! I completely forgot that Reaper was on tonight. I keep thinking it shows on Thursday, not Tuesday. This is unfortunately happening to me a lot lately.

Any of you guys know where I can go download it or something?

9. Sophie

Sophie Denarii Host

I just finished watching the latest episode. And I was like 'OMFG! Awesome' :)

I don't think the writers have ever put so many twists into one single Reaper ep.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  10. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

I just watched the most recent episode and it was overall great, but the Sock/Step-Sister stuff was funny for five minutes in the first episode and got old real fast. We get it, he wants to bang her but he cant, you don't need to constantly remind the audience of this.

I still say the best part of this series is Ray Wise as the Devil. Without him I wouldn't be as in to this show as I am. The way he sent those demons after Sam as an elaborate plan to frame him was awesome. In fact, every scene with him is awesome.

Ben remains my second favorite character on the show. I've always found him more entertaining than Sam or Sock. The whole Ben/Rabbit side-plot was great.

Really, my only complaint about the season so far is the CW's interference with the show. They sexed it up so it looks more like their trash 90210 and Gossip Girl-type shows. The CW is the reason so much time is being spent on relationships this year, such as Sock/Step-Sister, Sam/Andi, and now Ben/Random Demon that came out of nowhere.

11. Vira

High Score:
    Okay, I think this is one of the best episodes in the season. I didn't have the urge to fastforward during any of the scenes (not that I could anyway) and I liked both the soul and Ben's girlfriend. The best part of the episode was the 'Les Nessman', Sock and Andi's fight for dominanace and the last scene where Sam tells the Devil at how he (the devil) did a good thing.

The only downside I saw was that it didn't have anything to do with Sam's mom or the father crisis.

Also, did Sam refer to the Devil as 'dad' when he was talking to the soul in the bar? I think he said dad, though I may have misheard it.

12. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

I liked the soul in this episode but the plot regressed back to the lame 'filler soul capture'. They need to find a balance between moving the main plot forward while at the same time have the soul capture and secondary story lines in the episode.

13. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

Problem is, if he's not out playing soul rodeo, the series' name gets inaccurate. Otherwise I'd suggest other odd jobs that Sam could be doing for Hell.

14. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

Apparently Anthony Head auditioned for the role as well. That would have been epic.

15. Krogan

High Score:
    So the last episode of Reaper was fairly awesome, even with the detraction of the thundercunt Andi it was all in all fairly awesome. Its very cool to see little bits and pieces of Sam's devil powers starting to show through and hints of what the devil has been talking about with his destiny. Also I really enjoyed the last scene with Nina and Sam, its a twist I wasn't expecting at all.

16. Krogan

High Score:
    Sorry about the doublepost, but I thought it was worth it, so I dont know if anyone was watching Reaper tonight but damn I did not see that shit coming.

Morgan got taken the fuck out, it was like a pack of piranhas or something and Im curious about the destiny thing Steve was talking about.

17. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

The Devil continues to be the main reason I watch this show.

Does anyone else find the whole Sock/Ben friendship creepy?

18. Replay

Replay First Year

Wait, what? What have they done to indicate that their relationship might be creepy? (Granted, I've only skimmed over the last 3 episodes)

I really expected the season (and possibly series) finale to be a tad more epic than the trailer scene. Sam looks utterly bored flipping quarters, lol.

19. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Maybe the, "We always cut eachothers hair" bit or, Sock commenting on Bens natural scent.

I don't really find it creepy, just amusing.

20. Krogan

High Score:
    If you ever watched Scrubs then you realize Sock and Bens friendship is actually not that bad at all. Fuck just creepy JD and Turk were about as homo as it gets.