1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot Reprieve by Zennith - T

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by enembee, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Grinning Lizard

Grinning Lizard Supreme Mugwump

Nice one. Not my sort of fic, usually, but this was really nicely put together.

Any passing inspiration drawn from Inception, by chance?

4.5/5 and well done.

2. Stalin's Pipe Organs

Stalin's Pipe Organs Auror

Yea pretty much.

The fic had a "so what" vibe to it.

3. Portus

Portus Heir

I think I already voted, but let me say this is 4.5-5 out of five for me. Yes, there were a few grammar/tense missteps, just as there were in each of the contest submissions, and in each story I tried to skate past them.

I liked the writing and the setting, and was about 99% sure of "who" and "when" about two paragraphs in or so. I say that to then say that I sort of agree with several posters about the ending. I can see some not liking the way you ended it, and for me, I would've been fine had you ended earlier, such as when Harry is running from the waves or just as he returns to his body. I knew "when" he was headed, so the remainder was unnecessary for me, as I would assume that he would remember the island and thus would be strengthened because of it.

Still, it was a nice touch that he smiled, and in all honesty, I see it as the point of your own resolution, and a nice segue back into canon.

Again, great job, 5/5 as that means "Excellent".

4. Mock Moniker

Mock Moniker Professor

I'm not the one you were asking, but I thought it was pretty well foreshadowed what was going on.

I really loved your fic. It ended exactly where you know it had to. Making it go on longer would have ruined what it was.

5/5 (but I always feel weird rating one shots)

5. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:

Huh, was just reading back and realized I missed your question - I actually did draw a bit from inception, not in any literal way, but as I was writing, and as the concept was becoming more and more fleshed out I kept just kinda thinking of inception - again, I wouldn't term this at all as a crossover, but yeah. Inception did come into mind.