1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Request: Tattoo Sketch

Discussion in 'Graphics Discussion' started by Azira, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

This seemed like the most appropriate forum for this. Sorry if it's not.

Anyway, I'd like help from someone who's good with a pen to sketch out a tattoo I want to make. I can't draw for shit, and don't want to walk into the shop with a ten year old level drawing that vaguely resembles what I want done.

What I want done is the five kanji of the elements (As seen here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godai - Chi, Ka, Fu, Sui, Ku). Basically, I want the Ku sign (Void, Heaven) Slightly (30%~) bigger than the other four kanji. The Ku would be in the middle of a fancy circle, with the four other elements around it (Chi beneath the circle, Ka on the right of it, Sui on the left, Fu above it.)

This will go on my inner forearm most likely (Shoulder second option). I realize this is pretty basic but I honestly can't do this kind of shit, so if anyone has a couple minutes to sketch something out I'd appreciate it.

Cheers.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  2. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

Oh, lord. Vaguely spiritually symbolic kanji tattoo on a teenager without a trace of Japan in their ancestry. Everybody loves that.

3. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

If you go into the shop and describe exactly what you just told us, more than likely the tattoo artist will be able to draw it. That is their job.

4. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I think you mean the tattoo artist will refuse to draw it again for the nine quadrillionth time, and plead for some measure of originality...

5. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Thanks for the help, guys. These 3 sketches you sent help me, but I'll wait on a few more.

And yeah. Every tattoo has been done to death. So srsly.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  6. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

7. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

/late reply

I'll think up a design, just for the sake of doing something extremely cliche and eye-roll-worthy from my sharp (see what i did there?) Japanese eyes.

Although, I'd recommend using Furinkazan rather than the Godai, since using any 'ancientasianelementalsystem' is pretty tacky at best. Furinkazan is, in that respect, much more acceptable.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010