1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RESSURECTION! DLP.Net Archives 03-15-08 Version...

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by bornagainpenguin, Mar 15, 2008.

Not open for further replies.
  1. silverlasso

silverlasso Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Huh, forgot about this. I'll make a list of the URLs that have been added since February and post that later today.

If you want to do archives of other stuff, I'm sure no one would mind; just make sure to put those in separate folders. Actually, the best archive to have would probably be one for the DLP C2...so yeah, I'll do stuff for this later today.

/goes back to matlab

2. belton180

belton180 Squib

thanks, also do you know how to copy only text from an html file? i'm going to use the previous archive as a source for stories not on ff.net, and i wanted to use a single word file per story instead of the present html version for easier reading.

3. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Welll... I was going to do this sometime anyway soooooo..

[​IMG]

DLP FF.Net C2 RAR Archive (HTML Format)

Edit: I tested a few random chapters from a few random Fics, but De-FFnetizer likes to prematurely ejactulate all over stories sometimes, so, I'm pretty sure the integrity of the archive is fairly solid. Don't be surprised at at a few errors here and there, though.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  4. belton180

belton180 Squib

Here's a link to what i've done so far, most of the stories are in rtf format so file sizes are smaller, the FFA stories are either text or epub files, stories i wasn't able to find on ff.net are still the same as the previous archive

Word of warning though, i haven't checked the files yet, so some of them might not open, tell me which ones don't open so i can download it again

Edit: While in the process of converting the rtf files to html, i noticed that the downloader screwed up the formatting of the fics :facepalm, so as of the moment, the copies i have dont have any spaces between paragraphs and the indents are screwed up.

I've included downloads for each category and planned to add one for the whole library but after seeing how much my upload speed sucks, i'll add it maybe later after everything is done, unless someone else is willing to do it

Code:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?rvgfiyt2a082g
    Plans for updated version are:
    1) Recategorize the stories, since i just followed the categorization of the previous archive
    2) convert the html stories into rtf or word format
    3) include works by author, DLP monthly contests and maybe library stories from other fandoms

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  5. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Could you make an option for file formats? I know that I'd prefer to have the stories in html format over word/epub. Even pdf.

6. belton180

belton180 Squib

Hmm, i think its possible, does anybody know any good text to html converters? Otherwise, i'll have to download it and organize it all again. Guess I should've asked what format people preferred :facepalm

Edit: I'll start redownloading the stories this weekend, what format should it be in? These are the possible formats: EPUB, PDF, MOBI, RTF, TXT, HTML, FB2, LIT, LRF, OEB, PDB, PML, RB, TCR

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  7. Vindruvor

Vindruvor Squib

I know I like my stories in .txt.

8. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    WHY?

/10chars

9. Vindruvor

Vindruvor Squib

Well, unless a story uses italics excessively, I prefer txt. I only read fanfics on my iPod and I have an app with a day/night toggle (a la FFn mobile) that only works with .txt.

10. belton180

belton180 Squib

Hi, sorry for not posting any updates for almost a month, but I've been busy with work. Anyway I was able to download html copies but I haven't had the time to organize them by using the new categories and I'm not sure if I have the time to organize them in the foreseeable future.

So what do you guys want? I can post all of the stories in a single zip/rar file, or try organizing them the same as bornagainpenguin's archive

11. burkean

burkean Muggle

I threw together a html archive of the DLP C2 and DLP contest entries. Each story includes the ffnet summary. All stories are sorted into complete/incomplete based on their ffnet summaries and the occasional piece of guesswork. There will be the occasional mis-sorting. PM me if you spot a show-stopping error.

You can get it here:
    www.mumpish-piquancy.info/dlp_c2_20111219_html.zip (22MB)

Advanced apologies for slow download speed from my shitty VPS.

These were saved as plain text and then run through a markdown converter. Formatting separating A/Ns from the text of the story has been lost. (The HTML version of this archive was an afterthought so I didn't consider it a problem.)

Use clippable if you have a problem with ugly.
    http://brettterpstra.com/share/readability2.html

If anyone is interested in the plain text archive it is here:
    www.mumpish-piquancy.info/dlp_c2_20111219_txt.zip (23 MB)

Fair warning though, these are UTF-8 with non-Windows style EOL chars. They are also hard line wrapped at 72 chars. That's just how I roll. Firefox should have no problem displaying them on any platform. See the included notes for details.

Enjoy.

12. thisperson

thisperson Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Does anyone still have the original archive? All of the mirrors are dead. I have a copy on my external but it is not with me and I'm trying to hunt down a story that I saw in there a few years back.

Also, do these newer archives have the DLP template? I thought that was awesome (from the bornagainpenguin one). I'd d/l and check but my bandwidth is severely limited atm.

Thanks for the work on these and excuse the bump.

13. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

This one?

Just a warning...its a big 'un. 93.4 MB

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  14. thisperson

thisperson Denarii Host DLP Supporter

15. Grimaud

Grimaud First Year DLP Supporter

-snip-
    Nevermind, I should have looked two posts above me before I necroed. My apologies.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  16. Dryops

Dryops Second Year DLP Supporter

Sorry for the necro, also looking for a copy of Bornagainpenguin's original archive. If anyone would be able to send me a copy, I'd be willing to host it. Thank you!

17. SilverOtter

SilverOtter Seventh Year

Which stories are you looking for exactly? I don't have any of the archives here but I've got a few stories that I've saved over the years.

18. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

I have most of the archive but there is missing fics that I have deleted over time. So if you are looking specific fic ask and I will see if I have it but I don't have the full archive only part of it that I use.

19. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I have a copy, though I'm in the middle of moving and don't have access. If no one else does, I'll rehost it.

20. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Not open for further replies.