1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Reunion by Rorschach's Blot - M

Discussion in 'Humor' started by Hashasheen, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Ryuugi Shi

Ryuugi Shi Hierarch

A: Quality.

B: And this is why fanfiction exists.

2. blackghost

blackghost Third Year

A. This is fanfiction and as they are such they are not paid to have 8 beta's to check it over. There were probably spelling error's in edger allen poe's writings after his beta checked it over which were corrected over the years. Spellcheck is not a sure thing and most use it. Blot has also made some good fanfictions.

B. While true could it even be semi possible that these people disliked where she was going and made up stories for themeselves? Writing stories to kids who have not a clue about what is sane does not a great story make. It was written for kids, liked by adults, and then disliked by some of them because they hated it and wanted something better. Thus fanfiction of Harry Potter was born. That doesn't mean her writing is great, it means she gave insperation.

As for the story... eh read it but not my kinda story. Time travel is for delorean's.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2008
  3. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

It's called editing in real life. So editor, not beta. <.<

4. Hypodermic

Hypodermic Squib

I enjoyed reading this story, it's upto chapter 11 on fanfiction. I tried looking on his yahoo group but couldn't find it. Is that updated more often then fanfiction?

While a time-travel fic, I like Harry as a coldblooded killer, and not an emo everyone I loved died I have to go save them character. Loved Snape's death.

5. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

6. Jamven

Jamven Headmaster DLP Supporter

Interesting story. It seems to missing the "it" factor to make it memorable to me. 2.5/5

This...

In other, other news, Buddy Christ makes me roll every time I see him telling me to donate...

7. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

It not brilliant but good enough for in between. Compared with Make a Wish this is a slow paced story, less excessive but nevertheless imaginative.

It is a timetravel fic which will cover just year one and maybe the first half of year two. Only some background canon events appear in the story - i.e. the stone is at Hogwarts - but that's all. The rest is more or less either original or based on his Odd Ideas. I especially like the casual way Harry & co. are finishing off one by one.

Grammar and spelling really isn't great even though he had people betaing it.

3.5/5 because I was in the mood for this kind of fic.

8. aaltwal

aaltwal Auror

I give it a 3/5, this is least i liked in all of Roscharch's work. A ridiculous plot to kill people just because they or they will do something bad in the future simply is not amusing for me. It has some moments of humor as expected from a Roscharch's fic, like the funny speculations made by loveless old maid professors on Harry's lovelife.

9. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

I enjoyed 'Make a Wish' and a couple other R'Blot stories, but I just really couldn't get in to this one. The humor isn't really my cup of tea, I guess. Harry and co. are basically amoral serial killers going on a rampage, and their personalities bear almost no resemblance to their counterparts in canon.

Plus it's clear that this one hasn't been anywhere near a beta. It feels extremely disjointed, rushed, and amateurish compared to his other stuff.

2/5 for me.

10. Goddessa39

Goddessa39 DA Member

Why Oh Why

I just wanna know why this is in the Recycling Bin,. cuz this is one of those fics, as is Rorschach's Blot, that I folllow half religeously.

11. semil

semil First Year

Just because you like a fic doesn't mean its good. I don't think this fic is bad, but it also isn't up to the level of some of his other works.

Then again, Blot never struck me as a person who wrote to acquire legions of fawning reviewers. Not personally knowing him I can't speak as to what his motivation is, but at least the result is entertaining.

12. Krull

Krull Denarii Host

Because it's not original, funny or well written. And, perhaps even more importantly, it's written by Rorschach's Blot.

The only thing that's even remotely interesting about this fic is the insane plot and that gets really old really fast.

13. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

No one here gives a fuck about what you want. We review the fic and vote as we wish. The fact that Rorschach's fics are degrading in quality has to do with it's placement here.

14. pdo91

pdo91 Professor DLP Supporter

Rorschach's Blot is good for a quick read every now and then, and some of his stuff is kinda funny, but he just doesn't write quality fics. He can think of some great plots, but his execution, more often then not, is crap - which is reflected by the poor reception his stories receive here.

His stuff isn't terrible, but it's definitely not up to DLP standards.

And, Goddessa39, bumping this thread just to ask inane questions just makes us hate you, and we don't really care about your opinion when you're obviously an ignorant peon who can't tell his dick from a good fic.

15. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

I'd say: Dude, she's a girl. But we all know there are no girls on the internet.:awesome

16. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

No wonder you follow him religiously, look at the way you type!
    I liked "Make A Wish" a few years back, however, this is not very good, at first the whole Assasin!Harry thing is amusing, but it gets old quickly.
    2/5

17. Stenstyren

Stenstyren Professor

Well, i like the basic plot behind this story and i do love the way Harry is portrayed. Or well, it could be awesome if this was some kind of prologue for a "real" fic.

I would give this a 3 because i enjoyed reading it and had a laugh or two. Not exactly worth a nobel price though

18. Janus

Janus Groundskeeper

Technically the bin is still part of the library, just not the part most people frequent. You can still fine good/above average fics in here that are too cliched, unoriginal, or break the Potter Laws. Sometimes you just need to go looking for something that doesn't take itself terribly seriously.

Unless I'm mistaken, Reunion is a stress relief fic for Blot. He's just writing because he has the urge to write, not to craft an epic. Its amusing and not offensive to the sensibilities, but its not a masterpiece either.

I'd actually give it a 4/5, as long as it stays in the bin.