1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Reviews of Deathly Hallows

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BioPlague, Jul 21, 2007.

?

Star Rating

1. 5 Stars (Be careful choosing this, I've made votes public)

6.3%
  2. 4 Stars

26.7%
  3. 3 Stars

29.4%
  4. 2 Stars

19.6%
  5. 1 Stars

18.0%
Not open for further replies.
  1. BioPlague

BioPlague The Senate DLP Supporter

Well. It's official.

[sigh]

2/5 Stars.

Only because Snape became 100% awesome in this story. Man. I felt sorry for Snape. You talk about a mistreated person who busted his ass for a jackass (Dumbledore).

And it looks like DLP owes an apology to the "Dumbledore is Manipulative" people. God. Dumbledore's a fucking jackass. And I don't give a shit about what happens in King's Cross. He's a complete, utter fucking piece of shit who deserves to burn in hell.

What a cocksucker.

Voldemort v Harry battles were absolutely terrible.

Bellatrix dying to Molly? Fuck that. Fuck that to fucking hell and fuck.

Ugh. Ron the rapist, moron, twat, and suddenly parseltongue.

Fuck it.

I'm changing it from a 2/5 to a 1/5.

This story has pissed me off and left me with an empty feeling. Just that feeling you get when you lose that big game or got rejected by that girl you pined for forever.

10 years, wasted. We may be evil, we may be conceited, arrogant fucks but no one can deny we haven't got an investment in Harry Potter. To see the series end like this is truly a heartbreaker.

Give your reviews. There is a poll for those too saddened to speak.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  2. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

3. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

1/5

If I could go lower I would...

Honestly the plot was half assed at best. She left so many things she promised to resolved, hanging.

I mean if this whole, "Look at me," line... was the only main reason why Harry had green eyes, and it was oh so important; Fuck me with a chainsaw.

Kreature's complete turn around... I mean what the hell. He was the bitchingest house elf their ever was, and then he get's all wussy and wheepy over Regulus's bling. I liked the elf because he didn't conform to hermione's ideals... she thought he could be redeamed but he shouldn't have been.

I love dobby, Rest his soul... but Kreatures was something else.

And Malfoy... Malfoys... Lucius was a death eater, Narcissa might as well have been one... and Draco made it possible for Death eaters to succesfully break into Hogwarts and was responsible for multiple serious homicide attempts... and yet he is walking free... he got married, and impregnated someone with his chicken sperm...

And sirius was imprisioned for far less...

Dudley... Oh don't even get me started on Dudley.... I ... My god!

Its like Rowling visited this site... made extensive notes on what we would all hate, and then based her book on it.

Its not consitent...
    Its badly written...
    Its contrived...

It is what the Trash bin fears...

Deathly Hollows makes me EMO...

4. Hahukum Konn

Hahukum Konn Fourth Year

JKR even said she was pushing back the release date to make sure all the editing was fine and good on it. What editing? Just reading the summary on that livejournal or on wikipedia is enough to make me seriously question how much ass-to-lip JKR's editor was doing in the run-up.

People used to speculate that OotP-movie and TDH launch dates were swapped around because Harry dies in TDH. Now we know why - Warner Bros knew TDH was shite in a book and wanted box office receipts before people got fed up and stayed away.

Actually, OotP-movie has its own shite on a screen problem, but at least it has some pretty decent acting by Daniel and Evanna in it.

5. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Bio, did you just say Ron is a parseltongue? Fuck me sideways with the Sword of Godric Gryffindor. I mean, WHAT THE FUCK?

6. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

no he does parseltongue imitations...

That hermione is a lucky gal... The things ron can do with his mouth.

Makes you want to swoon don't it.

7. Dark Lord Rostam

This story depresses me. Can't wait to but it.

8. Violent Seas

Violent Seas Sixth Year

Quazijoe:

i dunno if it's so much that, or that ppl, like many ppl do in fanfics, just predicted it would happen and that she took too long to get through this series.

i mean, come on, Dumbledore was just way too "nice" in the first 6 books or so, and everyone (at least ppl on this site, who actually have some brains) could sort of see that there were far too many things that happened for ppl to believe that the all-omniscient dumbledore was not a fucking manipulative shitface.

...although it could be that she's just trying to balance HBP, which looked like it was literally ripped from fangirls with DLP-style plots combined with fangirl shit, which, by what your reviews seem to indicate, was a disaster.

ok, correct me if i've missed the mark with what the book is like; i haven't read the book yet, i'm pretty much just responding to quazi's review (yea i'm not reading the pirated version, i'm just waiting for the post to come tmrw).

9. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Groundskeeper

Vapid shit... 0/5

It reads like a BAD fanfiction.

10. Cobra

Cobra First Year

1/5

If I could give less I would...

11. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

Fair enough... I can aggree with that, somewhat...I wanna see your review though after you finish reading. Till then...

-0/5

12. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

Gonna justify my 4/5 here:

It was a hell of a lot better than Half-Baked Plot, and if you ignore the epilogue, it was probably the best we could have gotten from JKR.

13. The Fine Balance

The Fine Balance Headmaster

I've already torn the Epilogue out of my copy but...

Does it matter if JKR gives her best? I paid 17 USD for this sh!t, and I wanted a good story full stop. I hate the starting, the despise the ending. The middle drags. There are few parts where she slipped up and made it interesting. Other than that, it's a suckfest.

14. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Ron being my favourite character I hated how he was treated. People all ready hate him for what he did in GOF and now she goes and does it again. Bitch. Make Hermione fuck up for once. But we all know JK is Hermione so she can't do anything wrong.

Snape was horribal but people have already said that.

The middle part of the book was just boring. I may not of liked the ending but it was an intersting read.

Why the FUCK (Caps and everything) is Draco gone free in the epiloge? He indirectly killed Dumbledore and did a lot of bad shit. He should be rotting in Azkaban.

The fluff at the end is sickening but expected. But it left me wanting more information. She said we would learn more but we know fuck all. What about everyone else?

The battle was ok. Good to see her kill people even though they were secondary characters.

Voldemort was ok but not great.

I found the stuff about Grindewald interesting but odd. Why was he still alive? Surely he diserved the kiss or death?

Over all a 2 since it did have some bits I liked but failed over all.

15. Dark Lord Rostam

Who did Draco bang?

16. Dain Bread

Dain Bread Second Year

I'm guessing his shit-baby from immaculate conception. Because no rational human being will tap his shit.

17. Krull

Krull Denarii Host

Deathly Hallows? What Deathly Hallows?

I refuse to acknowledge its existence. ~_~

18. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

This is so disapointing. I had my hopes up for some strange reason.

19. noddwyd

noddwyd Third Year

hidden under the floorboards, in tiny pieces.
    If you rip out the epilogue then I can accept it as good enough for going on with a new generation of fanfiction.

I will say that JKR absolutely sucks at character transition and growth. She acts like she doesn't understand her own characters half the damn time.

Oh well. The Hallows of Death. So be it. Death is one dead sexy bitch anyway.

20. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

The first few Chapters were promising, but then it got tedious; It was a strugle to read...

It picked up momentarily for the fight scene, but then it crapped out at the end. The final confrontation, the epilogue... its the stuff nightmares are made of.

I can honestly say... I prefer Half blood prince over this. Atleast for that book, the ending didn't leave me nautious... I mean as nautious. Were talking violent vomiting nautious...

I vote that a new section should be made... a place where crap that is so bad, it would be irresponsible to place a fic anywhere else... A place where we warn people from reading a story, lest they experience emotional/pscological scarring.

There's the trash bin... where some acceptable stories may lurk...

Then there's... The Pit TM; A place where angels fear to tread.

Quazi

Edit: incase you can't tell, I really really hate this story... -0/5

Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
Not open for further replies.