1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Rick and Morty

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Ash'Ura, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

Anyone else watching this show? It's easily in my Top 5 favorite TV comedies of all time. If you love a good dark comedy and you're not watching, then you're missing out because this show is the shit.

When I saw the promos for this show, I brushed it off as another standard low-budget, overly crude in an attempt to be edgy, and boring crapfest. After giving the first episode a try, I binge watched the entire first season in one night. I honestly couldn't get enough of it. The wait for the second season was long, but worth it. So far, the second season has been just as good the first, if not better in some instances.

While Rick and Morty do go on crazy adventures, it's not really what drew me in. The interactions between the members of the shows twisted but lovable family is really what got me hooked. It's funny because one of the shows creators, Dan Harmon, is the same guy that made another one of my favorite show, Community. Another show that drew me in with it's focus on the interactions between another lovably twisted family.

5/5 for this bitch

2. R. E. Lee

R. E. Lee Groundskeeper

I love Rick and Morty, it's one of my favorites as well. I find the humor to be spot on, though it probably isn't for everyone.

A good description of the show would be the adventures of Doc Brown and Marty McFly, except McFly is his grandson (and not that bright) and Doc Brown is a sorta sociopathic alcoholic, and they also live together. It's half sci-fi adventures with those two, and half domestic sitcom with their family: Morty's dad, voiced by Chris Parnell; his mom, voiced by Sarah Chalke; and also his older sister.

3. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I watched this over the last few days. I liked it, it's funny and has a style to it, but it's not afraid to go dark and emotional.

I'm definitely looking forward to the rest of the season.

4. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

So what's y'alls favorite episode? Mine is easily 'Something Ricked Comes This Way.' The episode had comedy, suspense, and feels

The best part was the highly likely possibility of Evil Morty being "Prime" Rick's real grandson and the hints placed throughout the episode of Rick's regret. The writers did an amazing job of "showing and not telling."

A second close is 'Auto Erotic Assimilation.'

Rick saving Morty was fucking badass. I mean this old ass Doc Brown lookin motherfucker is just too boss. He fucked with reality, saved his grandsons life, and kicked ass. It was also another moment that hinted at his humanity.

5. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Close Rick-Counters of the Rick Kind is definitely my favorite. Doofus Rick's relationship with Jerry and the very idea of all those Ricks coming together are great. That ending gave me shivers. I still have the ending song on loop.

6. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

Lol, that was the episode I meant to say was my favorite. I always confuse Close Rick-Counters with Something Ricked Comes This Way. I couldn't get enough of the ending song either.

7. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

My signature says it all. Great show.

5/5 would kill my other self and replace him again.

8. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

I actually created this thread cause of your sig. I hadn't watched Rick and Morty in a while and it reminded me of how fucking brutally honest it was.

9. Andrela

I’m sorry, Morty, it’s a bummer. In reality, you’re as dumb as they come. And I needed those seeds real bad, and I had to give them up just to get your parents off my back. So now we’re gonna have to go get more. And then we’re gonna go on even more adventures after that, Morty. And you’re gonna keep your mouth shut about it, Morty. Because the world is full of idiots that don’t understand what’s important. And they’ll tear us apart, Morty. But if you stick with me, I’m gonna accomplish great things, Morty. And you’re gonna be part of them. And together, we’re gonna run around, Morty. We’re gonna- do all kinds of wonderful things, Morty. Just you and me, Morty. The outside world is our enemy, Morty. We’re the only friends we’ve got, Morty. It’s just Rick and Morty. Rick and Morty and their adventures, Morty. Rick and Morty forever and forever. 100 years, Rick and Morty’s things. Me and Rick and Morty running around, and Rick and Morty time. All day long forever. All a hundred days. Rick and Morty forever a hundred times. Over and over, rickandmortyadventures.com. www.rickandmorty.com. www.rickandmortyadventures.com. All 100 years every minute, rickandmorty.com. www.100timesrickandmorty.com.

10. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The latest episode was heartbreakingly hilarious.

Joe
  11. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:
    Yeah, that ending.

"If I wanted to be sober, I wouldn't have gotten drunk."

What I like about this show is that Rick is the bad guy - and a self-medicating junkie. It's good stuff.

12. Jeram

High Score:
    It's already one of my favorite shows of all time, considering the first season was 100% good episodes.

Spoiler for latest ep:
    I had to rewatch the last part to realize he had killed this creature that was in agony and then tried to kill himself, except he passed out first. And this was after he had been alone for at least a day in the garage. I can't believe the feels, and now I wonder about Christina Hendricks and Patton Oswalt hooking up, they played the voices...

13. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

Wubba lubba dub dub :(

14. Andrela

So that last episode was pretty amazeballs.

Beth's hysteria at the end when she's drinking wine was hilarious and tragic.

15. sonny_yalin

sonny_yalin Third Year

Yeah, Rick and Morty has got to be one of the top 5 shows on TV right now, maybe the best for me. I haven't laughed as hard at a show in a while. That being said, it still has its poignant moments that make you reflect.

Favorite episodes have got to be Ricksy Business and recently (as of last night!) Total Rickall. They really haven't missed on an episode yet, though. What a great show.

16. Sephiroso

Sephiroso Disappeared

Seriously though, who the fuck masturbates in the god damn kitchen?? What the fuck Morty.

17. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Love this show, gotta catch up with the new episodes.

18. R. E. Lee

R. E. Lee Groundskeeper

After watching the newest episode, it's hands down my favorite. I was going to list my other favorites, but then I realized it was most of them; this show really doesn't have off episodes like other shows.

19. Jeram

High Score:
    This damn show... it's a magical thing that is ignored by the Emmys because nobody knows about this show. For now.

20. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

Don't shame him.