1. Hey Guest,

Are you handy with Photoshop? Do you feel the DLP Anakin logo is tired and old? Do you want to win a special as of yet undetermined prize? Join the DLP Banner Photoshop Competition! Fame, fortune, and the respect of your peers await those that enter. Sadness, despair, and a deep self-loathing await those that do not.

Enter the competition.
    Dismiss Notice

RL Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by CheddarTrek, May 31, 2013.

1. Chilli

Chilli Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Seconding the volcano trails at Haleakala. The Pipiwaii trail is also awesome. I remember hiking a lot around that area - lots of nice trails that go by small pools and waterfalls. The seven pools at Oheo Gulch were ok but too full of people to enjoy.

2. CareOtters

CareOtters Headmaster DLP Supporter

Turns out I've had Flaming Katy for several years, on and off. Just always called it a kalanchoe. Also named at least one Bulbasaur in a Nuzlocke after it. Hah. Your mum is on point.

3. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Chief Warlock

So I'm looking into getting a Fitbit, because I'm terrible at keeping track of things and my current watch is nearing the final days.

But my phone doesn't appear on the compatible list.

What sort of functions am I missing out on, or will it just not work at all? I've seen a few posts on the fitbit forums, but they tend to get a mod reply of "we can't discuss non-supported phones", and then locked.

4. Banta

Banta The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I'm moving to DC soon and need to pick an ISP. My choices are RCN or Comcast. For current or former DC residents, which one is the better pick and why?

5. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Secret Squirrel Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    RCN. I used to have them here in New York, and they're pretty good. Usually cheaper than their competitors.

As a former DC-area resident, never get Comcast. Comcast is evil.

6. Oz

Oz Heir to Hogwarts Moderator DLP Supporter

Mine came with a USB dongle I could use to sync to my PC. If you don't care about syncing online and just want to count steps day to day then it doesn't matter too much. Do the initial setup and be on oyur way.

I will say that the build quality of the Charge HR is shite. You'll get a year's life out of it before the wristband falls apart. Anecdotal evidence being mine, and five mates bought them within a month of each other and ours all fell apart around the same time.

7. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

So I've known this girl for a bit, and I've made some cheesy comments to her. Which her response is to laugh and say that's so cheesy. In fact in an offhand comment from me that all the guys must say that to her. She told me that I'm the only guy who does it.

The question is does this mean stop your being a dumb ass, or you should definitely continue because your scoring points here?

I don't do it all the time because I realize it will get old, but I'm wondering if it was a bad idea to begin with.

8. Oz

Oz Heir to Hogwarts Moderator DLP Supporter

Lol dude, c'mon.

9. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Dude, seriously. What you're doing is called flirting. This isn't rocket science. Just be social, chat to her and, if she's showing signs she's interested, invite her out somewhere.

Also, can confirm. Cheesy jokes are always awesome, especially when they don't get a laugh.

10. Arthellion

Arthellion Groundskeeper

High Score:
    It depends on the type of Cheese, honestly.

For example, my girlfriend almost didn't say yes to liking me because she hates puns. I throw a lot of those around. Thankfully my other traits caused her to give me a chance and once I knew those kind of jokes annoyed her I toned it down.

It depends on the cheese. Are they compliments? Puns? Dad jokes? Quirky humor?

What is her style of humor?

11. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Death Eater

The very first compliment I paid my last girlfriend was that, with the length of her dreads, she could beautifully garrote pretty much anyone.

I'm still reasonably proud of that one.

12. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Just moved in to a new place and I am in desperate need of some art for my walls. Any good sites to browse and find some cool stuff would be greatly appreciated. Also would like to find some good artists to look into. Prints are fine, I'm not looking to break the bank. Thanks!

13. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Tactical Tomato DLP Supporter

Displate and Society6 both have some nifty stuff. Not exactly high art, but I've spent a bunch of $$$ there over the years.

14. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

I did something really stupid the other day. I got a weird video from this girl that I work with via snapchat. This all happened while outside of work and my response was to ask questions. Naturally she got really angry with me for asking, and being slightly inebriated at the time I said some things I shouldn't have. I don't know if it's possible to save conversations on snapchat.

Naturally she blocked me on snapchat and all other forms of communication. The thing is I don't know if she'll report me for harassment at work. This has never happened to me before I'm probably going to see her at work Monday night. Should I say something to the supervisor? Obviously I should apologize to her but I'm afraid that will make it worse. Should I just shut up and not talk to her or look at her at all.

I'm terrified that I'm going to loose my job if she says something.

15. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Auror DLP Supporter

Always, ALWAYS be the first to address something with a boss if you think there's going to be trouble with another person. You know the old adage about first impressions? That works for everything. Even if you're in the wrong, it'll still look more favorable if you are the first person to bring it to their attention.

16. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This, and if you're in a managment position, or they're your subordinate, then you want to let the higher ups know shit storm is incoming. I always hated hearing from the regular staff about the shit that was going down, and not the person involved.

If anything, you could apologize to the girl. Unless you were like hey, "Send me pics of your buttcheeks spread apart," its hard to judge the severity of what you might have done. If you approach them at work then it could be seen as possible workplace harassment that you've continued outside of work hours if you seek to try and mitigate outside.

Inform your boss, let them establish something with HR in a controlled environment so that you can explain that you meant no harm and that you're sorry.

However, be prepared to have to relay every detail of what might have occurred.

Snapchat to my knowledge doesn't save video/image history unless you've got a specific app that does that. I don't know about conversations. I don't use it, but from limited understand of early history of the application all I know about is the image sharing aspect.

17. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Tactical Tomato DLP Supporter

Snapchat conversations disappear when you leave the conversation thread. If one participant saves a line of text, it stays in the thread for both participants. If one participant screenshots, the other is alerted.

Both of these safeties can be bypassed with third party apps.

18. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

At this point I've manage to control my panic. Also she never showed up for work today which isn't all that much of a surprise as she's notorious for skipping out. At this point after thinking more on our conversation and the fact that she didn't report me right away I'm 90 percent sure that this is going to be water under the bridge and that I'll never see her again, and at this point I'm better off for that.

Life lesson learned don't ask questions like that, and don't try to have relations at work.

19. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm honestly curious as to what questions you asked her that would make her so aggravated.

20. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

On snapchat they let you view someones location if they choose to turn it on. she was in an abandoned parking lot at 2 in the morning. I asked her what she was doing there. Also I asked her what she was doing at the airport motel an hour later. These questions were not asked while I was at work nor was she at work at the time.

This all happened a couple of days after she sent me a video where I could here very questionable dialog. When I confronted her on that her response was "Oh uh yea"

I realize the questions where kind of creepy, but why the hell would you make your location know like that to everyone or send them a video like that?

However after I asked her she called me a mother fucker and told me to mind my own business.

She also came to the conclusion that I was calling her a whore. I never once said anything like that to her.