1. Hey Guest, welcome back to DLP

As you can see, we've changed our look. We've migrated from vBulletin to the Xenforo forum system. There may be issues or missing functionality, if you find anything or have feedback, please check out the new Xenforo Migration Feedback forum.

Our dark ("Dark Lord Potter") theme is under heavy development. We also have a light ("Light Lord Potter") theme for those happier with a light background and darker text.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Are you any good at cooking? Got a favourite recipe that you love to cook or bring out to impress that special someone? Why not share it! A new forum called The Burrow has opened and it's all about homemaking!

RL Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by CheddarTrek, May 31, 2013.

1. why?

why? First Year

High Score:
    I realise this is a bit old, but what was it about Peter's situation that was so inappropriate?

Was it because he asked why she was in a motel?

From what he's said, it sounds like he was just mucking about a little, and his coworker seems quick to overreact. What was the point of sending a strange parking lot video to him anyway? "Hey, look at me being dodgy, and don't ask any questions."?

Happy to hear nothing bad came out of this, but that person sounds like they have issues. I've ignored red flags (ranging from being plain unreliable to seemingly unstable/erratic) from people before just because I was a bit lonely or wanted to "have some fun". Never worth it.

At any rate, asking because I'm genuinely curious about this.

2. Seyllian

Seyllian Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Mind your own business. That simple.

3. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Pretty much this. Peter asked questions he shouldn't have, with someone he had no connection to other than working with, and sharing a friends list with.

Its social etiquette, which he did not execute well.

4. why?

why? First Year

High Score:
    Thanks.

Okay, I went back and read his post again. I missed the part where he said this happened *after* she sent the parking lot video. Was under the (false) impression that this all happened together, in which case, I would find her reaction odd. That is, don't send the video if you don't want a reaction.

5. Nazgus

Nazgus Death Eater

You're still a bit off. She sent a video with dialogue of questionable nature (don't think details were given but sexual in nature somehow). Afterwards he noticed that she was in a parking lot through the location settings, and then went to a motel. He asked about the locations in such a way that she got the impression he called her a prostitute.

So all the location stuff was him being nosey, which is why the general response was "mind your own business in the future". If she doesn't bring up where she is and you aren't close enough for it to be normal for you to ask what she's doing in a parking lot for two hours before going to a motel, don't.

6. why?

why? First Year

High Score:
    Yeah, read the IRC logs as well just now. Makes sense.