1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Searching For Disaster by Shadow Rebirth- T

Discussion in 'Humor' started by Lorelei of the Sea, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

Story was just updated, liked how Harry dealt with Dobby, and the fact that Malfoy is now on the run. Here bellow is also the author's latest joke.

2. Demons In The Night

Demons In The Night Chief Warlock

I like this story. It's not deep or anything, but it's very amusing and Harry's shtick has yet to get old.

For now I would rate it 4/5.

3. Jeez us

Jeez us First Year

This gets a 1/5 from me, the constant, blatent plagerism is ridiculous.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3003214/1/

^"So Sue Me", the fic he's stolen every decent idea from, and a much better fic than this piece of garbage.

4. Memory King

What do you say of all those Power of Time clones, then?

I compared the beginnings of both stories, the writing styles are nothing alike. Disaster seemed much more down-to-earth, had a faster pace, and a more interesting plot. Not bashing the other story or anything, since I didn't read all the chapters, but it seemed a lot more over the top.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  5. Novera

Novera Seventh Year

Hum, it's okay. I liked the bit at the end of chapter six with Malfoy and the 'vampire', though if that particular gag goes on much longer it won't be funny any longer. Also, the way Harry says something to the effect of "[insert random wizard item]? That's insane! Wizards are crazy." almost constantly is annoying.

3/5 with the possibility of being higher.

6. Jeez us

Jeez us First Year

Yeah, I'm sure him naming his pet Voldemort as well is just a coincidence, too.

Get real.

7. Memory King

Jokes get rehashed all the time, not that big a deal.

I fully agree, however, that the author should have mentioned the fic in question in the disclaimer, if he intentionally borrowed the idea.

8. Jeez us

Jeez us First Year

There is a difference between thinking up the same joke, and plagerizing an exact joke when there are already various other examples of plagerizing from the exact same source.

Characterization is the same, plots the same, time frame is the same, and now even the jokes are the same.

9. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

The spelling and grammatical errors quickly started driving me batshit, but other than that a decent plot-line that has potential.

I'm upgrading this to 4 just because the insane jarvey made me spit a piece of buffalo wing all over my screen.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  10. AntiChrist

AntiChrist Professor

Blah, it holds some similiarities sure, but it's not a big deal; it certainly doesn't approach the level of blatant plagarism you claim. I like it. It's a nice, read that doesn't go too philosiphical. Entertaining. 4/5

11. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

That's an element where he indeed might have borrowed from LunaKatrina, but even that's not as blatant as you claim it to be.

Half the parodies out there use the same cynic!, sarcastic! and/or annoying!Harry. It meanwhile is a standard cliché of this kind of fanfiction. The plot follows similar lines and uses similar ideas more often than not - think of Amsuhl's "You're a Wizard, Potter".

Help yourself.

12. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Second Year

Not having read the other story this one supposedly is plagiarized off (yet), the Voldemort-named insult-spouting jarvey alone is pure win. Rest of the story is decent and made me chuckle/laugh quite a few times. I'll keep watching this one.

Right now 4/5.

13. Jeez us

Jeez us First Year

Lol @ blindly defending blatent theivery.

Whatever. At the very least this sort of trash should get rated down for a complete lack of originality, but if you want to continue to defend it that's your deal, not mine. I've said my piece and linked the other fic.

This is @ Dark Minion and Memory King.