1. Hey Guest,

Are you handy with Photoshop? Do you feel the DLP Anakin logo is tired and old? Do you want to win a special as of yet undetermined prize? Join the DLP Banner Photoshop Competition! Fame, fortune, and the respect of your peers await those that enter. Sadness, despair, and a deep self-loathing await those that do not.

Enter the competition.
    Dismiss Notice

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Wynter, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

I'm actually pretty hyped for Final. It looks like a return to form in character design for them. Less school student looking and more apocalyptic.

2. BTT

BTT Order Member

3. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Hearing that Navarre is going to be in it brings back some memories, particularly how out of Jonathan and Walter I almost always felt like siding with Walter, really feel that Jonathan wasn't all too persuasive a character whereas Walter was very charismatic in a sense.

4. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

With P5 coming out thought I'd rebump this for some discussion. Reviews have been coming in and so far are full of praise, hoping the series does really well on release.

Anyone grabbing the game on release day/pre-ordered already?

5. LT2000

LT2000 Alchemist

Haven't ordered it yet, though I should probably get on that if I want to get it when it releases.

6. Clerith

Clerith Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Haven't pre-ordered, but I'll get it on launch day. The positive reviews and response from fans is certainly promising.

7. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Strange Journey being Remade for the 3DS + Additional Content/Route.

As probably the game with the best storyline it'll be interesting to see what changes they make to the combat etc; apparently it'll be fully voiced too which'll be awesome.

8. BTT

BTT Order Member

I've gotten my hands on Persona 5 a couple of days early. Fuck real life schoolwork, I've got fantasy schoolwork to do.

Opinions so far, after 5 hours and making it to what seems like right before the boss of the first dungeon.

This game is really stylish. Sure, there's the menus and so on, but the game just looks really good. It's also a lot darker. You see a suicide attempt. It's fantastically fucked.

Gameplay is general Persona 3/4 fare, with some improvements and some changes I've yet to really judge - the gun system is interesting, though I'll see where it goes. I thought at first the demon recruitment would be a chore, since you have to go for an All-Out Attack first, but it's fine so far. SP management's a lot more important than it's been in the other games - nowhere I've found sell Soul Drops or the like, and I've quit exploring twice already just to refill MP.

9. Tapu Doggo

Tapu Doggo Squib

High Score:
    From what I've seen so far on the Japanese Let's Plays, Persona 5 has better gameplay than Persona 3 and 4 but the story is either equal or slightly weaker than its predecessor. The actual fighting is great, the aesthetic amazing, and the characters themselves are pretty darn good. The downside is it apparently ends faster than P4.

All in all can't wait to get my hands on them.

10. BTT

BTT Order Member

Shin Megami Tensei 5 announced. Switch exclusive so far, will probably remain that way. Looks like I'm getting another console, lads.

11. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

...Guess I'm getting a switch after all.

12. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Watched the live stream, was so hyped once it started.

They're interviewing the Director for Famitsu in a couple of days so we'll get more information on it when the Magazine comes out on the 26th.

13. LT2000

LT2000 Alchemist

Mixed feelings about this. SMT is great, having to buy a new console to play it is not. Wish they'd also release it on the PS4, but that isn't likely to happen.

14. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Second Year

I mean it wasn't going to be on the 3DS forever. Sucks that Atlus seems to not like going multiplatform (no Nintendo platforms for Persona and no Sony/PC platforms for SMT) though.

15. LT2000

LT2000 Alchemist

Yeah, I was looking at it more from the angle of 'I wish this weren't Nintendo-exclusive' rather than wanting them to stay on 3DS. Don't think they could do much better than IV/Apocalypse on that platform anyway.