1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Shiny Pokemon

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Vira, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

Apparently I've been pretty lucky with Shiny's.

Have had 2 Shiny Zubat's, a shiny Tentacool, a shiny Metapod, a shiny Ditto, a shiny Hoothoot, a shiny zigzagoon, a shiny Shroomish, a shiny Solrock, and a shiny Geodude.

And since I don't follow the catch Shiny's anyway rule of Nuzlocke's my chat was quite distraught with me twice during my Nuzlocke run of Diamond.

2. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

Like a lot of people, I found a shiny Tentacool in Silver version. I believe that was my first.

Since then I've found a shiny Zubat and Haryiama in Ruby, a Ponyta in Silver, and something else that I've forgotten. I've never found a shiny in Gen IV games onwards. It's been a few years since I've spotted one and I still play fairly regularly.

3. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I only ever found a shiny Zubat during a nuzlocke in FR. At least the resulting Crobat was pretty boss.

4. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Upwards of, at least, 2000 hours played on Pokemon and not a single shiny found has made me realised that you guys are a bunch of lying cunts. ;.;

5. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

I feel your pain. I hate everyone but Kang.

6. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Your meanness scares the shiny pokes away Ash :awesome

7. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I had a shiny Trapinch in emerald, and then traded it around a few times. He ended up on Heartgold, and was my most powerful 'mon.

I completely forgot about him, and restarted. Then I felt like an idiot.

I also caught, then boxed, a shiny budew. I have no intention of ever letting it see the light of day.

8. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Thirteen years of Pokemon and in that time I have found a single shiny. I can't even remember what it was, but I caught it. The very next Pokemon I came across I caught too, and discovered that it had the pokerus virus thing. This has led me to conclude that the stats of finding rare things in Pokemon are fucking bullshit.

9. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Me and my sisters caught like 70~ different Shinies in our time from Pokemon Silver to now.

Can't even remember them all, though there was this one bitchface poochyena that showed up in Ruby before I even had access to pokeballs.

10. Silens Cursor

Silens Cursor The Silencer DLP Supporter

Only really ever got a few Shiny Pokemon. Got a Shiny Rattata back when I played Silver, and I remember catching a Shiny Shellder of all things during a SS run. Evolved that little bitch into a Cloyster, but his stats were never worth much, which was annoying as anything.

11. Sn0rkack

Sn0rkack Professor

I caught a shiny electabuzz in Platinum. I was pissed because not only did I have no way of evolving it into an electivire but I had been training up a luxray since it was like a level 5. I eventually wound up just scrapping them both and teaching another pokemon thunderbolt. It was then that I learned shiny pokemon were just cursed abominations.

12. Addarash

Addarash Second Year

I've only ever obtained 2 shinies without specifically seeking them (such as through Pokeradar) and the first of those two was a shiny Chikorita in my silver version. Sounds great...except that at the time, my internal battery had died out and I didn't realise what the problem was and how to fix it. As such, I vainly continued to play a small amount of the game and save in the vain hope that it would stay and not get continuously deleted. In one of those occasions, the Chikorita was obtained, and though I hoped against hope that it would be preserved unlike previous occasions, it still died a quiet and unfortunate death. :(

The second shiny came in my LeafGreen emulator, where I found a shiny Geodude at the very end of victory road. Thankfully, my luck with the Chikorita did not continue and I managed to capture it without it blowing up in my face. And that shiny geodude continues, to this day, to be the only remaining random shiny in my possession.

Edit: Just remembered that I also found a shiny Hariyama in Sapphire Victory Road, but I got whirlwinded away on the first move. >_>

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  13. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Silver Tentacruel and silver Weedle, in Pokemon Crystal. They weren't really viable as members of my team, but the silver Beedrill looked cool as fuck.

14. Andy

Andy First Year

Shiny Garbodor on Black and Shiny Sentret on Leaf Green.

Both shit. Both boxed.

15. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

16. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I just started a nuzlocke run today, on Emerald. Got to route 116, caught yet another Poochyena, then had to kill a shiny Skitty. I was annoyed.

17. Sn0rkack

Sn0rkack Professor

On another note...Is there any way to change the clock system on a DS to make it believe it's night/day? I'm playing B2 and trying to get an Umbreon and Lucario at the same time is tough work. Not to mention it's like pitch black outside here by 5 pm and is still light in the game which can get kinda confusing.

18. Alkaraz

Alkaraz First Year

Found a Shiny Magikarp three encounters after catching the Shiny Gyrados in HG.

19. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

I've played all the "main" Pokemon games pretty religiously, and have only seen/captured one shiny. Houndour. I HATE Houndoom's shiny form

20. Troy

Troy Seventh Year

Yes, go to settings when you turn the DS on instead of selecting the game.
    I found a shiny electrode in the first pokemon silver, but killed it. I found and caught a shiny magikarp, so i'll have two red gyarados if I want them in soul silver. And I caught a shiny syther, but didn't like the green scizor that it transformed into so boxed it.