Sid Meier’s Civilization VI

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gizmore, May 11, 2016.

1. Tutorial Boss

Tutorial Boss Seventh Year

There is a disgusting Scythia combo. God of the Forge pantheon for +25% Ancient/Classical production, the card that gives +100% to Ancient/Classical Cavalry. You are now producing cavalry at 250% production, and whenever you build a Horseman or Scythian Horse Archer you get 2 instead of 1 (for functionally 500% production). It's quite impossible to match the sheer cascade of military units this produces, and combined with their mobility being cavalry, you can sweep your entire continent before Medieval easily.

2. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Minister of Magic

Wouldn't that be 225% production rate, though? Unless they actually do combine in a multiplicative manner. Which is silly, but not an entirely surprising coding accident, if true.

3. Tutorial Boss

Tutorial Boss Seventh Year

I think it's multiplicative, but I cannot confirm.

4. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Anybody up for a multiplayer game now?

5. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Minister of Magic

I've been playing a few with some other friends, already. Would certainly be up for a more populated DLP game.

6. Arthellion

Arthellion High Inquisitor

High Score:
    So! Anyone still playing this?

The New Expansion Pack (Rise and Fall) is looking sexy. They are adding the following:

-Dark/Golden Ages for your civ. Complete objectives to prolong a golden age or leave a dark age. Basically gives you a buff if you manage to leave a dark age with your objectives in tact.
    -City loyalties and governors. Basicaly you can lose cities now for lack of happiness.
    -More alliance options
    -Historic moments
    -New Civs

Everything I'm seeing is to make the late game more balanced and give you a reason to play even if one person is ahead. In a lot of multiplayer games people quit before renaissance because its obvious who will win. So...this should be fun to see more change in the late game...

7. Agayek

Agayek The Chosen One

I still play a game every once in a while, though I don't think I ever have or will play a multiplayer game of civ. I've definitely been keeping an eye on that expansion though, it looks pretty sweet, and I'm probably gonna get back into the game once that comes out.

8. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Chief Warlock

I still play semi-regularly, as I'm trying to work my way up through difficulties, but I need to take a break after a win because otherwise I get too bored.

This looks like it adds another level of randomness to gameplay, which should add to replayability.

Also, I read somewhere yesterday:
    - Coming out of a Dark Age straight into a Golden Age turns it into a Heroic Age, which is like Golden Age ^2.
    - Ages are worldwide, not just Civ based. So your Golden Age lasts the length of your opponent's Dark Age.

9. Arthellion

High Score:
    I’m lookong forward to the new civs. So far Mongolia and Netherlands look pretty sick.

My top civs currently are:

Russia: slow science start but you’re almost always first to found a religion.get defender of the faith and send out your missionaries. Or get theocracy and buy ALL THE COSSACKS!

Germany: a sleeping giant. Starts mediocre at early stage and if on any difficulty higher than king taking city states isn’t worth it, but if you get Hanzas you can become a powerful industry by mid to late game.

Rome: Strong early start but not OP like Gilgamesh/Alex/ or Tomy.

Those are my top three civs.

America is useless imo

10. Agayek

Agayek The Chosen One

I would agree, but dem Rough Riders dough. It's kinda irrelevant by that stage in the game, but w/e, playing as TR makes it worthwhile.

That said, America is kinda stupid for the culture victory. Whenever I play them, I tend to accidentally win the culture victory halfway through my world conquest.

11. Arthellion

High Score:

See in multiplayer The game rarely makes it past renaissance level before an early war based civ gets so far ahead.

It’s why I’m loving this expansion. It provides dynamics which change the late game

12. Agayek

Agayek The Chosen One

Ah, that explains it. Yeah, I don't play Civ multiplayer, mostly because waiting for people to finish their turns drives me nuts.