1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Skulduggery Pleasant Fics

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Reptile3607, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Reptile3607

Reptile3607 Third Year

I recently re-read most of the Skulduggery Pleasant books, and was struck by how much their worlds is open to write fanfiction in. So, does anyone know of any good fics set in this world.

In particular, any set in the first war with Mevolent, set in the alternate universe from Kingdom of the Wicked, or anything about Tanith- either pre-canon, or when she's on the run.

Also, does anyone know of a good forum (similar to this one) about Skulduggery Pleasant fanfiction?

2. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

The only one I've really found enjoyable is this one, only got a few chapters through a month or so ago but it left a good impression

http://archiveofourown.org/works/871555/chapters/1673925

Blends the canon a bit and instead of just Skulduggery saving Steph it's the Dead Men as a whole, generally I think the Skulduggery series is kind of like Artemis Fowl. Plenty of potential for expansion but ultimately overlooked in favor of more popular titles. Doesn't take away from the fact that it's a brilliant collection of books.

Would say the main weakness in this is that the magic of Steph and Skulduggery gets a bit lost.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  3. Reptile3607

Reptile3607 Third Year

I'll give it a look, thanks.

4. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I only read the first Skullduggery Pleasant book. There is a TON of potential in that series for good fanfiction, but I doubt I'll ever continue the canon. There just wasn't enough for adult!me to sink my teeth into. It felt more like MG than YA to me.

5. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Hmm... I would say from Book 5 onwards, thinking the one called Mortal Coil SP got a little more noticeably bit darker.

The last book in the series was honestly superb, Landy threw everyone for loop after loop after loop until the ending.