1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Smallville

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Rahkesh Asmodaeus, May 6, 2005.

1. Sin Saiori

Sin Saiori Death Eater

I don't mean to turn you off from this show, Hash, but the writing quality takes a nose dive in season nine. The newest season's writing took a sprint out of the International Space Station without a space suit.

2. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

Hashasheen, if you hate Clana you're watching the wrong show, I just decided to watch Smallville again and getting through Seasons 2 and 3 were the hardest things I've hard to do in regards to television in a while. At the end of every episode they have at least three minutes of bullshit talk about their feelings.

I skipped 4 and 5 and after a bit of struggling I'm now enjoying S10, which despite being a rip-off of the Marvel Civil War is awesome.

3. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

... Damn. Thank God I'm watching Chuck as well, otherwise my heart just might give out on me. At Season 4 there.

Its more along the lines that it doesn't come off as written well. Like I said before, Clark comes off like Edward at times with how he's constantly saving her and how he's never felt this way about anyone else before. Dude, you're as old as I am at this point, overwhelming love ain't the thing of the day, you know? And his persistence is a tad unrealistic, when you think of it. Just saying, if I was in Clark's shoes, I'd get the fucking picture after the umpteenth time things got awkward and neither person made a move. And then you know, gone after the cute spunky blonde who digged me.

But then again, this was the formative seasons of Smallville, so weak writing, acting and characterisation is to be expected. Not sure what possible excuse is available for latter seasons though.

I'm determined to watch all of this. I have this problem with being unable to criticize something unless I've done my research on it. It's a crippling issue of mine. :facepalm

4. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

The character of Lana got unbearable after a while which is why I will forever love Lex for rearranging her priorities :).

And worse than the entire Clark/Lana thing, I think is the treatment of Lex. Everywhere you turn everyone is totally acting like a dick to him. Jonathan the most. After all he ever does for the Kents nothing good ever comes out of it. I think the writers were laying it on a bit thick, but it worked, after all that crap I would want to kill Clark too.

I just hope CW don't drag Supernatural out this long.

5. Hashasheen

I'm eagerly awaiting that.

Indeed. One thing I hope for in a fan fiction of Smallville is some level-headed attitudes from the people Lex deals with. Jonathon should have calmed down, that principal from Metropolis explains what happens instead of just flipping out, etc...

Knowing them, they probably will. Though if they picked up Stargate Universe & Caprica, it'd make up for it. They need more shows.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  6. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

Yeah, Lex was treated harshly by pretty much everyone. Sure, not as harsh as Lionel treats him, but harsh nonetheless.

The current season is pretty good. John Glover is still as badass as ever.

7. Hashasheen

Blaise is completely right. All the women in this show are incredibly hot. Seriously, Fake Kara, Alicia, Lois, the list just goes on and on... :facepalm

8. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

To illustrate how much I hated Smallville let me tell you about the last 10 seasons in vague summary.

• Awesome Characters with depth and soul get reduced to accusing, angry, self righteous little shit heads.
    • Everyone and there Dog Railed on Lex, and then acted so wounded when he did something questionable, like they had given him every chance in the world.
    • Clark grows a Vagina in his Mouth.
    • Clark gets PMS.
    • The story stops being about Superman and more about Clark Networking with buzz worthy comic names.
    • Jorel is a Douche, or Jorel is his only friend, or Jorel is a Douche again.
    • Rehashed idiotic arguments get brought up over and over and over.
    • Clark Accomplishes nothing and does not grow as a person or individual in anyway.
    • Any progress that is made is squashed or forgotten about within two episodes.
    • He actually gets stupider.:facepalm
    Now that You know how much I hated a good 60% of the episodes that have appeared between the first season and the 10th I believe you should understand one thing.

Season 10 is totally worth that much suffering.

I think they purposely made us suffer for what appears to be 10 years for no other reason than making Season 10 Awesome.

Edit:

Consider Keeping a tally or starting a drinking game Everytime Clark does one of the following things:
    Says the word secret
    Falls down because of Kryptonite as if someone has his nuts in a vice
    Makes a signifigant step forward as an adult but then gets retconned.
    Accuses someone of something

You will need a new liver before the 4th episode.

9. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

Someone in this here thread posted something Google says is bad for me.

[​IMG]

10. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I have no idea why but the more important question is... why do you have a gazillion tabs opened?

11. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That would be the first Lois posted image on the third page, going by the link listed in there and in your image. Nice going google :facepalm

12. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

I thought Google had recognized my user name as Offensive.
    Its like DLP Uk all over again.

13. Hashasheen

Watching Season 4, Lois Lane is awesome. Its like she's a bro. :awesome

Edit: Watching the love-potion episode. Cheerleader Chloe is making me cry on the inside. Its just such a waste of the actress's skills...

14. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

Because I open all the New Posts when I visit DLP?

15. Hashasheen

The two-part with Alicia had me tearing up. I think I've discovered my favorite guest actress, a favorite ship and a favorite two-parter all in one. Seriously good work in these two episodes from every acting in it.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  16. The Santi

The Santi Professor

In the interest of national security, I guess I can help you out a little.

First off, there are a very few decent Smallville stories, and if you like Clark/Chloe as I do, you'll be very disappointed by whats out there on ff.net. I've gone searching for stories a few times, and every time I've been pissed off at the the lack of anything decent. The problem for me at least is that most of the fanfiction seems to be set well after the series jumped the shark (I tend to put that around the end of Season 4).

Nonjon's story is probably one of the most entertaining Smallville stories, but, again, it takes place well after Clark has grown up.

The only other really interesting Smallville story I can remember off the top of my head was a redo fic that had Clark telling Lex the truth about himself after the car crash. It was insanely slow moving, but a decent read. For the life of me tho, I can't seem to find the story. I've have gone looking for it a few times, but I can never seem to find it.

Edit: Found it.

The last story I'll recommend isn't really a Smallville story, but it does feature a young!Clark Kent. It's an insanely long three story epic called the Last Son. It's a crossover with X-men evolution, and if you like that fandom, you should check it out. Link

17. Hashasheen

In that case, would you like information on Hezballoh or Al Qaeda? :awesome

Interesting.

Edit: Lana needs to die in a fucking fire. Half the fucking season seems to be built around her. I want Alicia Baker back. :(

18. The Santi

The Santi Professor

Hezbollah, they're definitely the it group at the moment.

19. Hashasheen

Hezballoh's in a prime position to establish itself as the top dog in Lebanon for years to come if they play their cards right. As reliant as they are on their Christian allies to maintain their position legally, between their vast resources, experienced paramilitary, numerous sympathizers within Lebanese Army ranks and the fact the government literally can't run without them and their coalition, we may very well see the UN Investigation get squashed or disavowed in order to maintain the peace and put Hariri back in power. And that'll be the case from now until a minimum of 6 months from now.

/political analysis of the situation at hand

Now, as to terrorists: Hezballoh runs a major drug operation outside of Baalbek that funds a lot of its military needs and funnels drugs into Israel. Now you go into Baalbek to speak with a man called Mr. Abdul, who's the leader's front dealer in the area. He's the man to watch.

/complete bullshit

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  20. Hashasheen

Man, the Doomsday storyline was so shit. That was just wasted right there. So between Braniac, Doomsday and General Zod, I see three wasted villains for Clark Kent. Let's see if Major Zod does any better.

Major Zod was all right. Not fully used in my opinion, but still decent. Also, am I the only one thinking a spin-off with Green Arrow could be pulled off? Seriously, it could be really decent.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011