1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Snarf's Challenge 3

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Snarf, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Challenge 3: Bill FUCKING Weasley.

Summary: During the Third Task, Bill is with Mrs. Weasley as Harry's 'family' and is paying little attention to anything but not looking at the attractive Veela across the room from him. So it quickly catches his eye when Cho Chang comes into the Great Hall and Harry quickly goes from sullen when he sees her kiss Cedric, to a nervous wreck when she comes over to say hello.

Seeing nothing of himself in Harry and giving pity to the balls-less teenage hero, our main man takes him aside to give him a crash course in being awesome (read: DJ Lance Rock-style :awesome)

Definitely taken from Blaise's rant, but I wanted to make my own challenge out of this.

Rules:

One-short, preferably, though a longer story would amuse me greatly. Doesn't necessarily have to be humor because Indiana JBill can do many diverse roles, be it as a mentor for Harry or something else entirely.

Harry must try and fail miserably to emulate Bill at least a dozen times, even if some are very subtle.

Our main man should be the primary protagonist, though you don't exactly need a specific narrative if you want to write the graveyard scene.

2. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

So, this with Bill instead of Cormac?

And aren't you like super late for this particular bandwagon?

3. Snarf

High Score:
    Never too late to bandwagon. And any new, amusing prospect for HP fanfiction should be raped for everything it's worth. Even if that's Bill.

I thought I'd established that link between Vlad's story and my challenge quite clearly with the Bill FUCKING Weasley, but I guess it's only natural for someone to comment.

4. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I got the reference.

On topic though, I think that it'd be kinda retarded, as we already know What Happened to Bromance. (Cormac railroaded it) While a series of oneshots featuring random characters pimping Harry out would be amusing, it'd only work if all of them were done by Vlad as an extension to the original.

5. Snarf

High Score:
    I didn't want it to necessarily be a 'pimp my Harry' story. Bill is supposed to just be so awesome that he can change Harry's general perspective on his life, even if Harry's implementation of that perspective fails over and over. It could just be a way for Harry to get his independence going on in a more amusing/realistic way, though that would be awfully boring.

Maybe you're correct though and this idea really could only be done well by Vlad, but Bill isn't the type to tell Harry to ride train. He's supposed to be too fucking bad ass to just give the girl his cock that easy. Got to take it slow and play the cool guy, eh?