1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Soul Calibur 4

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Rahkesh Asmodaeus, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

The Apprentice is my favorite, followed by Amy for when I want to kick Zombie's ass. Because he's a button mashing spammer.

2. The Mysterious Nobody

The Mysterious Nobody Auror

Do you know how to unlock the treasure chests in the Tower of Souls mode? The ones I've managed to open were unlocked by pure luck, as I don't know how the hell I did it.

Is there another way to get new stuff for the character's editor aside from the Tower of Souls?

3. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Go to gamefaqs, they have a list of every level and how to get the treasure chests. Some stages it's ridiculously hard, some are ridiculously easy to get.

And yes, the more Honors you get, and the more style upgrades you get, the more stuff becomes available to you.

4. Magus

Magus Groundskeeper

@Poytin. The Mysterious Nobody is right. Voldo is a sickening freak. The thought of a legion of unwashed SC4 players wanting to writhe like Voldo.... Nauseates me.

My new fav: Hilde.

I dearly wish I'd have the opportunity to grind Sree into the dust. She's a nasty bitch with that Lance.

I don't really dig the apprentice, it seems that whenever I'm coming up against long-rangers like Nightmare and Siegfried he gets pulped.

Has anyone created any characters they're particularly proud of? I'm gonna post some of mine tomorrow when I've got access to a HDTV.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  5. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

I just kick ass at his fighting style. However I am very good at most fighting styles.

I don't like Hilde however... her fighting style is off in my opinion.

6. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

I'm guessing you're a Xbox faggot, Magus? ;)

7. Magus

Magus Groundskeeper

@Jolly Rancher: Yep indeedy, thats me. XMB FTW! As long as it doesn't kill your console that is...

Just admit it, you're relieved you won't ever have to take me on. Don't worry, it's a perfectly natural reaction.

@Poytin: The main niggle I have with SC4 is that there there isn't a obvious Voldo clone, eliminating that potential excuse for all time.

Hilde does taking a bit of getting used to, at first I found her to be somewhat like the bastard child of Kilik and Raphael. She's still worth getting used to though, just for her critical finisher. Its not quite as hilarious as Yoda's but its definitely a close second.

8. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

What? XMB is Playstation and PSP. :S

And I'd kick your ass. ;)

9. reggin

reggin Filthy Half-Breed DLP Supporter

Is this game worth buying? I have enough games to trade in for value so I don't have to pay full price.

10. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

2 pages of posts, and not one bad comment. I don't get why you have to even ask when it's obvious what the answer is going to be.

11. Drake

Drake Seventh Year

I just got this game, and have now finished story mode with all the characters. Out of all of them I enjoy Amy the most followed closely by Cervantes. It is just so much fun shooting people in the head. Haven't tried fighting people online yet.

12. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So how far has everybody got on Tower of Souls? I'm stuck on the boss for floor 20.

13. Archer

Archer Fourth Year DLP Supporter

[​IMG]

14. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

I've only managed to beat everyone on Floor 37 once, will have to to it again though. The time keeps on running out, will probably have to make my characters super-powerful to win.

15. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

What I do is scum with Astaroth. 1[X] Y, followed by 2 3 6 Y+B takes 90% of anything's health away if they're dumb enough to get hit with the second part.

7 8 9
    4 N 6
    1 2 3

[X] means hold, X+Y means push at the same time.