1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Specific Harry/Daphne Story

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Kaemon Manzo, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Kaemon Manzo

Kaemon Manzo First Year

Okay this has been annoying the hell out of me. I swear I have been looking for this story to reread for at least 12 hours and I haven't found it.

The basic premise of it is is that Harry kind of moves out of his friend's lives after Hogwarts (nothing malicious but they just kind of move on with their lives but Harry can't). It starts off with Harry being completely wasted and Draco ends up taking him to his manor to try to sober him up and help him, I don't remember specifically why he decides to do it but this is DEFINATELY not slashy in any way (Draco is engaged to Astoria). From what I remember the whole story is kind of angsty but definitely a good deal of humor also thrown in. I don't think that the story was ever posted on fanfiction.net but I do remember that the entire thing is complete.

Please if anyone can help me out with this it would be greatly appreciated, I haven't been able to get the story out of my mind so it is incredibly frustrating not being able to find it again.

2. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

3. Kaemon Manzo

Kaemon Manzo First Year

Oh my god you have no idea how much I love you right now. Yes I did have to make an account but now I can finally read the story that I haven't been able to get out of my head for over 24 hours. THANK YOU!!!!

4. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

Any thoughts on the story?

Went through all the trouble, might as well post in For Review if it's any good!

5. Kaemon Manzo

Kaemon Manzo First Year

I feel that it is a very good story that makes a pretty believable portrayal of the characters. It is a decently long story (which is always a plus for me) with numerous instances of humor thrown in that I loved. There weren't any real hugely noticeable problems with grammar, word choice, or writing style thankfully and it was easy to follow. Strong 4.5/5

Also sadly I thought I had read the story more recently so I didn't look back far enough (and the author didn't put in characters or category to search by), but it is at ff.net

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6257522/1/A_Fine_Spot_of_Trouble

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  6. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I don't believe this story really fits the general trend of DLP's readership. It's reformed character base is sometimes hard enough to swallow, what with Draco Malfoy being the vector for Harry's rehabilitation, but then you have to deal with passages like this:
    Hurt/Comfort seems to be the primary category this story should fall into, with a large does of Family and Angst. It's good writing, but far too sappy for my tastes. More so, it's leaving me quickly bored. Maybe a plot will develop soon and It'll pique my interest, but I'm doubting it.

EDIT: I've been reading this over the last few hours. I enjoyed some of the character developments, until Harry suddenly decides that Andromeda has been 'manipulating' him into becoming like Voldemort because she wants to make him emotionally independent. Apparently not allowing people to walk all over you is tantamount to becoming a Dark Lord. It was the most ridiculous few paragraphs I've read in ages.

In short, the author has an inability to blend humor and angst. He/she will introduce a scene where Daphne is literally grinding Harry out of nowhere, then their joking flirtation flips at random to vicious anger and he pushes her off to storm away. It was like reading Twilight.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  7. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

We should be thankful that this isn't on ffn. There's enough horrible HP/DG stories as is.

8. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This is on FFN. Also, considering that Chilord also wrote Echoes of the Fallen, I am definitely going to give this a try.