1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Spider-Man: Homecoming

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Klackerz, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

2. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Teaser.

Trailer.

International Trailer.

While it would be amusing if the first film that Marvel fully messed up was their attempt to do Spider-Man, I doubt it's going to happen and it will be as usual at least decent.

After the trailer my only complain that the younger cast may be a little underwhelming.

I do like how it appears that they managed to make the Vulture a menacing villain. A drone-like costume works too.

Tony Stark's inclusion is a little unnecessary, but it's Marvel playing safe with their reboot.

3. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah putting Tony in for a chunk of the film is completely unnecessary and reeks of Marvel trying to capit- OH WAIT NO IT'S AWESOME.

That scene of Spiderman and Iron man flying through NY? More please.

4. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    My only slight concern is the level of teen drama that's apparently involved, but on the basis of the trailer it seems they're doing it with a healthy dose of humour. Other than that it looks suitably amazing.

5. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Spiderman always has an unnecessary amount of teen drama so eh. Still wish that Liz was the LI and not the best friend.

6. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

HYPE 100%

Cannot wait!

7. Varios

Varios Third Year

Was that our boy Herman Schultz (Shocker)?

If it's Shocker and Vulture that's a good set of starting villains for Spiderman just starting out

8. vapidlyuninteresting

vapidlyuninteresting Squib

High Score:
    I thought they said he wouldn't be in High School for this one ?
    Totally expecting another 5/10 Marvel Movie

9. Seratin

High Score:
    Well if you're expecting Casablanca I could understand being disappointed but the Marvel movies released so far have universally been extremely good at what they do.

But hey, it's cool to judge thngs overly harshly.

10. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

Do you mean the other way around? I admit I havent read much about it, but the trailer seems to clearly paint Liz as Peter's love interest- the staring, then the phone call that sounds like a boyfriend justifying his lack of time for his girlfriend, and then finally the shot of Vulture saying he'd kill everyone Peter loved that segwayed into a shot of Liz crying.

11. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Not really. Unless I'm mistaken the script had MJ as the "true" Love Interest, Liz being a placeholder for the true love. Would also fit one of the main inspiration for the reboot, Spectacular Spiderman (with Gwen being replaced by MJ)

12. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

The Marvel films have their formula down pat by now. It's okay to hate a formula, Seratin.

13. Legend3381

Legend3381 Seventh Year

High Score:
    It looks amazing.. Spiderman will tone down the seriousness of the following movies. I cannot wait

14. chaosattractor

chaosattractor Groundskeeper

High Score:
  15. Seratin

High Score:
    Of course it's okay to dislike something. Blanket rating them as 5/10 movies is a bit stupid though.

16. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm quite pleased that they've gone heavily down the route of tying it in with the larger MCU. A standalone Spider-man movie would run the risk of being Yet Another Reboot, no matter how strongly they nailed the character. By tying it in with Stark and the Avengers they can do a first Spider-man movie that hits the right themes - coming of age, properly introducing us to the character in his high school setting - but from a completely different angle that makes it a fresh take on what would otherwise be a very tired plotline.

17. joshuafaramir

joshuafaramir Banned

thanks marvel for not giving us another Spiderman origin film.

18. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    To be honest I didn't like Spider-Man all that much in Civil War. They got his fighting style and all that right for the airport scene, and I like how the eyes move, but I didn't like pretty much everything else. Having him live in an apartment block, Aunt May being a MILF, Stark having to give him his costume, his apparently dumpster-diving for old computers. And referring to The Empire Strikes Back as "that old movie," pfft. The kid playing him looks and sounds weird too.

As for this movie, not a fan of Liz Allen, and I'm not sure who his friend is supposed to be (a further changed version of USM's Kong, like they changed him to Asian in SSM?). I kind of don't like having Iron Man in there either, it makes it seem like Spider-Man can't support himself in his own movie. I do find it funny that Michael Keaton's playing Vulture after Birdman.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  19. vapidlyuninteresting

vapidlyuninteresting Squib

High Score:
    Just to be clear, I don't have a text file where I'm rating every Marvel movie ever made with the same score. I was trying to get at me finding the movies too generic and generally kind of underwhelming and that, to me, the vibe the Spider-Man movie is giving is that it's just another 1 in the pile

20. Xiiflowx

Xiiflowx Squib

High Score:
    I thought this movie was set Pre-civil war. Is there a Harry Osborn in this movie?