1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Spider-Man or Marvel comics fics, anyone?

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by The Mysterious Nobody, Sep 14, 2007.

1. The Mysterious Nobody

The Mysterious Nobody Auror

I'm opening this thread surprised at the low quantity of good Spider-Man fics on the net.

In FF. net I've read Agent-G's work with Spidey, which by the way is pretty decent (although I found his writing style too corny and fluffy sometimes) but there little more than that in terms of quality. I can't seem to find any quality fic with spidey in it based in the comics (let it be Ultimate or Earth 616). It is as if all the spider-fans were all fangirls who just saw the movies and wrote about Peter getting it from behind from Venom or Harry Osborn, or Mj's and Peter's emotional problems, and that pisses me off.

I googled a bit trying to find something, but again, there's little more than a few one-shots and a couple of solid stories.

Do you know any good Spidey or Spider-Man/other Marvel Comics characters fiction?

2. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

I agree with you. Agent-G got me hooked on spidy fics but there others that are good enough. some good stories yes, but again not good enough. And most of the good once are made by rare fan girls with great writing skills...unfortunately it's yoai.

3. Big D on a Diet

Big D on a Diet Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I started an Ultimate Spider-Man fic a while back, based on what would have happened if Ultimate Peter had kept the Venom suit, but promised myself that I wouldn't publish it until I had five full chapters.

4. The Mysterious Nobody

As dead as this seems to be, I'm still too stubborn to let this go, so I thought we could do something similar to the Naruto Fanfiction thread and post some spidey stories here...

Here go a few of Agent-G's ones

Title: Justice League: The Spider
    Author: Agent-G
    Rating: T
    Genre: General
    Summary:The Justice League get a new surprising member, SpiderMan from the Ultimate Marvel universe. Please R&R.

Link:http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2070973/1/Justice_League_The

----
    Title: Web of Cadmus
    Summary:Here it is the sequel to Justice League The Spider. Cadmus is making their own plans and a new team, will this team be a threat to the League and there are strangely familiar faces inside of this new team as well.

Link:http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3538949/1/Web_of_Cadmus

---

Title: The New Teacher
    Summary:peter Parker AKA SpiderMan, has lost his job teaching at his old high school. Now he's got a new teaching job now. At Xavier's. Can he teach there and keep his secret?

Link:http://http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1857017/1/The_New_Teacher

5. X-Man

X-Man Second Year

There are some more decent Spidey/crossover fics. Theres one were Spidey and the Green Goblin both get transported to the JLU, but its mostly similar to Agent G's fic. Although I can't find the link.

Theres one alright that crosses over with the teen titans. I don't know if you read it or not. Although its lacking serious plot direction its very humorous.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2273063/1/Arachnophobia

Its complete over 100,000 words but it gets shitty at the end, so be warned.

I just found another pretty lengthy crossover with Harry Potter. Its over 98,000 thousand words so try it.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3607384/1/Marvel_Knights

Last edited: Sep 29, 2007
  6. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

The Marvel Knights story has a pot boiler spy/detective feel to it for those of you that like that kind of story. I found it to be a very pleasant change of pace from most of the fics I have read this summer.

I gave it a fast read, and it has flaws, but if writing stays on level it might have a place in the DLP library. Does anyone else think it should be put up for review?

7. The Mysterious Nobody

Ok, I'll shut up as it is a HP story (lol). I think you can, though no one can guarantee if the story will be in the library or in the trash bin, but you can post it for review...

EDIT: After reading it, don't post this. The only good thing about it, and I'm not sure even if it is really a good thing, is that it's lenghty. I kept on reading hoping that it would get better, but after waves and waves of an Emo, angry, abusive and generally out of character spidey, and tons of mispelled names (Slytherian, Mooney, Moodey...) and a nonsensical plot, I had to leave it be before my brain suffered serious damage...

Last edited: Sep 29, 2007
  8. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

I sorta had doubts, I guess I was trolling. Good Spiderman harry potter x over, not DLP good.
    In a situation like this, the folks with really cool but slightly obscure comic book avatars get a super vote.

I always like the concept of a spider man /hp crossover, but I always thought it would be wrong to have him in Hogwarts as a student or a teacher. He should be Harry's parter or mentor on the muggle side of the war. Give Peter a study aboard reason to be in England and away you go...

There is even the built in emo humor factor of who had the worse life.

"that's a joke son"