1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

[Spoilers] Deadpool

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Celestin, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

What did she think of it?

My father insisted he come to watch it with me even though I told him it wouldn't be his cub of tea. When he left his eyes where wide open I think he was pretty offended by some/all of it.

I thought it was pretty funny. Although from a technical standpoint I was disappointed in how they designed Colossus rather than look like a metal man he looked like grey rubber with metallic sound effects.

2. PomMan

PomMan High Inquisitor

Feels like I'm the only one who's kinda lukewarm on it. It's not a bad movie by any means but I found a number of aspects to it either tiring or not to my taste. The villain in particular was uninteresting to me, and on the few occasions the humour didn't stick with me it was quite poor, breaking my immersion in a way that didn't do what it aimed for.

Not only that but I think the character himself ended up wearing on me by the end of the film. Its refreshing in comparison to the majority of marvel films but I think this won't be remembered the same way that the likes of Iron Man and The Dark Night will be in 4 years, or even really later this year. I could really see people disliking it more with repeated views.

So that's the bad stuff but the good stuff definitely outweighed it. The opening ~30 minutes or so are fantastic, up until th main villain is introduced. Then the film just becomes OK in my opinion. The action was fantastic and the cgi was great in most scenes, and the vast majority of jokes stick the landing, only a few don't. 7/10 from me.

3. kix

kix First Year DLP Supporter

First off, I liked the movie. The tone of the movie, the humor and the deadpool character itself was good. The story itself was a bit week, I keep flashing back to wolverine and stryker. Seems like they somewhat just adapted the premise of that and repacked it to fit. But it was a good way to introduce the character to new audiences much like Star Wars did with it's latest. Hopefully any sequels will have a bit more interesting story line.

4. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I fucking hate people whining about it 'being the same' when it's literally Deadpool's backstory right down to fucking Ajax, just adjusted for movie goers consumption.

E.g no Killbrew, no Worm, no Death. ~_~

I understand where they're coming from in ignorance, but it's still annoying.

5. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

I just downloaded the soundtrack to Deadpool and the song I want isn't in it.
    In the scene at the strip club just before Deadpool's girl gets caught. I thought it was a Florida song but can't be sure. Does anyone know?
    thanks

6. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So fucking great. More R-rated superhero movies please.
    Joe same writers as Zombieland iirc.

7. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Just got back from seeing it, what a cool movie.

Also, I did not recognize her at first, but holy shit Vanessa is Adria from Stargate!

8. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    She's also Inara from Firefly.

9. Andrela

I never saw Firefly, so I wouldn't know.

Good for her though!

10. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

And she is still hot after all these years.

Also saw the movie. I liked. Good jokes, good action, better love story then Twilight what is not to like.

11. Andrela

I feel like not enough people are appreciating the name Negasonic Teenage Warhead.

I mean, is that the fucking coolest name ever or what?

12. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

It appears that Deadpool will be breaking few box office records. By now someone should think about making a film about making of this film or at least a quest to play a faithful version of Deadpool should be one of main points of future Ryan Reynolds' biopic. ;)

It's going to be hilarious if Deadpool ends up to be the most popular X-Men film and the cheapest too (its budged was only $58m). It may even convince the studios to try more R rated superhero films (my money is on WB trying to make one with Lobo in a near future).

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  13. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    God, I want an R-rated Wolverine so bad...

14. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So does Deadpool.

15. AlbusPHolmes

AlbusPHolmes The Alchemist

Fun. Fun, fun, fun, funfunfunfunfun!

There's not really much of a complex storyline going on (it's freaking Deapool!), but all that humor, guts, gore, wiseassery and dick jokes more than make for a very enjoyable movie. Now the whole world knows about the Merc With A Mouth.

Loved the Indian cab driver.

10/10 Would watch again.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  16. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Pretty fun movie. Enjoyable in the theatre but not really a must see there. Would be just as enjoyable as a Blue Ray.

4/5

17. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

Considering Suicide Squad and BvS is PG-13 (12A in the UK I think) then the rumoured Batman trilogy could involve R ratings (or at the very least a Red Hood movie).

Doubt it though as they won't alienate all those kids who want to see Batman.

Thought the acting was really good and didn't suffer for the fact it was a Deadpool movie. The writing team is solid and I hope they stay on for the sequel.

18. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Considering the box office, perhaps the WB studios are rethinking their PG-13 version of Suicide Squad... If it tanks, I bet that's the excuse.

19. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

I think, like has been said by other, that the success of this film shows that R rated movies are more than doable, they are extremely profitable. It would be excellent to see a reboot of Spawn or even a standalone Batman movie with R rated action (thinking Hush or Under The Red Hood..).

20. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Uh. I love that Deadpool did well, but let's not pretend that it's R rating is purely why it did so well. While it did help, the marketing campaign was fucking insane. It was almost Force Awakens level in the constant barrage.

If studios start doing R rating for the sake of it, they're gonna have a bad time and we're gonna lose out again.