1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

[Spoilers] Worlds 2015 - TRASH TALK ALLOWED

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Lungs, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    To be honest if it were Gnar instead of Darius I think Zion would have potentially done better lol.

2. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Went back, rewatched the entire game. I still contest that Dlift got carried till endgame. His play was static and safe and boring for the most part. He was hit by more skillshots than he dodged both inside and outside teamfights (17 v 11), missed half as many skillshots as he fired (6 vs 11), with the vast majority of landed skillshots being on tanks/non carries, and had more assists than kills come endgame.

Overall, the most impressive thing about his performance was his farm. The problem here is that I've never been particularly impressed by passive ADC play, vs teams of comparable skill. Especially on teams/in comps that heavily favor protecting said Star Player/ADC. Syao is right that it's the team's job to set up the ADC, but the team doing their job right isn't a good reflection on the ADC near as much as it is for the team that protects him.

His endgame performance was admirable, but not superb, and we all know that Doublelift is capable of better. He didn't catch out anyone important with Zap! till the end. He didn't make any particularly clutch plays, he didn't even attempt things like dragon steals with his ulti, which he used only very rarely.

CLG pulled out the win, and that reflects well on NA, but after years and years of letdowns, I'm still pretty sure they're going to crash and burn.

For reference, here's my not-100%-but-pretty-close notes (of shit I deemed important, which is admittedly subjective) with timestamps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FvQheLHhBM

all times are approximate within 1~2 seconds.

17:28: Dodge braum in full view.

19:46: Hit. Braum.

23:07: hit. Braum.

25:17: Misses skillshot.

25:20: hits skillshot on braum, misses trist.

25:37: *Dodge/Braum-Miss.

26:12: Dodge/Braum-Miss*

27:42: Forces Trist Flash w/Ali

30:34: Hit. Braum.

31:22: Dodge Braum.

35:03 lands E on reksai

35:32: Dodge braum - Teamfight Dance.

35:34: Flashes Gnar Ult. TF

35:40: Eats Ulti!gnar Q(?) TF

35:41: Ult blocked by Jungler TF

35:50 - 35:54: Trades evenly with trist TF

37:07: Takes outer tower.

37:54: eat steak boomerang teamfight

37:57: Eats steak boomerang teamfight

38:53: dodges ekko teamfight

40:10: explanation about Aphro building zekes to help Dlift. (Doesn't actually happen.)

43:29: confirmation of Pause initiated by Riot.

47:40: Dodges braum

47:46: misses Zap!

48:19: hits Zap! on Reksai

48:27: Hits Zap! on Mega Gnar

48:48: dodges braum, pretty slick teamfight

49:05: kills trist/gets killed by ekko/Ali dies right after. teamfight

52:25: caught out by ekko right after cutting off avenue of attack. teamfight

54:18: eats boomerang

54:53: eats braum ult Teamfight

55:07 - 55:13: chases off braum/ekko, lands Zap! on Braum

55:38 - 55:40: stays just out of ekko range/picks off braum

55:44: pointless ult, misses anyway.

55:49: walks RIGHT into ekko sphere thingy

55:03/04: sniffs out the bushwhack set by FW

57:08: catches reksai with ali? Lets him get away, forces flash/misses ult. No kill.

59:02/03: stays outside ekko field range/dodges braum q TF

59:07: trist assist/takes tower w/team TF

59:43: lands Zap! on Reksai long range

59:50: caught by ekko TF

59:51: eats Braum ulti, cleanses a knockup/field slow LOL TF

1:00:01: Darius kill assist TF

1:00:16: eats reksai q(?)

1:00:42: lands Zap! on braum TF

1:00:52: lands Zap! on Braum TF

1:00:58: forces gnar flash/misses ult TF

1:01:03: forces trist flash/out of fight TF

1:01:06: reksai kill assist TF

1:01:10: lands Zap! on braum TF

1:01:13: braum kill assist TF

1:01:14: eats boomerang

1:01:18: dodges boomerang

1:01:36: eats gnar boomerang TF

1:01:38: gets Gnar Ult'd/Cleanse TF

1:01:39: gets Ulti!Gnar Stunned TF

1:01:44: lands Zap! on trist w/Elise setupTF

1:01:46: flashes ekko ultiTF

1:01:47: gets ekko killTF

1:02:04: end of game

Admittedly, he wasn't terrible or horrible, or a huge weight, but he wasn't near as amazing as we've seen him perform and as far as I'm concerned that means his performance was subpar. Especially against a team that veterans like Doublelift and Co should have styled on all game long, instead of being slightly outplayed for most of the game.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  3. Swirly Mango

Swirly Mango Seventh Year

Why is everyone disregarding C9's win over AHQ? That was the most dominant victory over a non-wildcard team so far. Hell, it was the number 1 team from Taiwan*. By comparison, CLG looked shit. Everyone is saying Dlift played awesome. Well yeah, he had a Lulu buffing him at every moment of the fight. Any top-tier ADC should be playing like a madman with a Lulu buffing him. Considering we have so many, that's not that special.

And Walking Disaster, you said that Dlift was carried until the late game. Congrats, you just summed up the ADC role.

*It is Taiwan right?

4. mangaguy

mangaguy Fifth Year

Your skillshot count is flawed in evaluating Doublelift's performance because you forgot THE most important factor in adc damage- the auto attack. Landing skillshots/avoiding skillshots is important, but what is more important is getting off sufficient autos during the teamfights on good targets while not getting caught out. I'm not going to go back to check every auto on a champion, and as a result, I could be wrong, but I recall Doublelift was very good about getting his autos off without getting forced out/dying, especially after the early game. He only died once, and that was after killing Tristana to prevent the reset train and then getting jumped on by Maple.

And stats of the game back me up on this:
    http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflege...001380225?gameHash=622b35311e395719&tab=stats

He dealt 43.3k damage compared to Kkramer's 25k. He outdamaged every other champion in the game by a high amount, even though his team was losing (in terms of kills and eventually gold) for most of the game. He used the buffs from Lulu effectively to position and get autos off on priority targets. Yes, he only got three kills, but he dealt a ridiculous amount of damage and was likely the primary damage dealer on most, if not all, of his assists. He was a major reason for the comeback and the victory that game, and his performance, while not perfect, was exceptional.

5. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    A fair point, but I'm pretty sure I recall at least two instances where he had notably terrible target selection. Like spending 95% of a teamfight autoing the Tower sort of terrible target selection.

Plus a couple instances where he Was forced out of fights due to trades/getting poked down. Though one was admittedly after/while forcing Trist out of a fight as well.

Really, with Alistar (+Darius) for big beefy high tanks, considering he outrangeed everyone on the enemy team till Lategame/Endgame, the fact that he was safe just doesn't say 'especially skilled play' to me. It doesn't say horrible, either, but not impressive.

Before anyone bothers, I'm talking about relative to the level he's playing at. OF COURSE he would crap all over me, like an entire flock of seagulls that got into a prune juice shipment.

Interesting, thanks.

I wish there was a damage dealt to champs vs time graph, but no such luck. Because I'd bet that a large amount of that damage was dealt during the endgame, where he did, admittedly, do work. But where Health Pools are also notably larger and thus damage-dealt-to-champs raises much faster. I never contested that his performance during that period of the game was good, just that getting there he was static and passive when he could have and should have been way more active and impactful.

Really, we can argue this all day and all night. But my perception is that he was far, far from the top of his game, and not anywhere near worth the praise that some CLG fans are heaping on him like he was World Class Superstar ADC in that game, when he clearly wasn't.

Doublelift did his job, but I just don't agree that he did it particularly well, or that his job is terribly difficult or complicated compared to other roles on the team. But I'm an APC main who gets very tired of watching ADCs taking credit for shit their supports/junglers/teammates set up, so I could be somewhat biased.

6. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

[​IMG]

7. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

... Did you miss FNatic's near perfect game vs IG or are we suddenly ranking #1 LMS higher than #3 China?

Though I'll give you it was the 2nd best game of the day for me. C9 have really improved in the break (which I hoped they would, their bracket run whilst amazing was some of the sloppiest League I've seen this year, throughout the entire gauntlet) & I think they stand a shot at getting out, depending on which IG show up for their remaining 5 games. With that said, I'd still say IG to get out with Fnatic, but I wouldn't be surprised (and am in fact very hopeful) if C9 really take it to IG and give us two cracking games.

Not much else to say about today's games, think they went the way everyone expected. I guess CLG had a shaky start but they pulled it back rather nicely, though I've yet to sit down & watch their game or the SKT game with my full attention. Also Fiora is such a dumb champion right now, holy.

8. Swirly Mango

Fnatic's near perfect game almost became drawn out when Reignover was stunned and Skarner could still flash over and smite, which he did. It was dumb luck that Fnatic still got Baron.

Edit: What I'm trying to say is that after the first 10 minutes, at no point did it seem like C9 was going to lose or were playing badly. They dominated the second half of the game, what there was of it.

Fnatic fumbled the fast tower push and minion bounce, and then almost gave away Baron.

9. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Any contested smite always requires a bit of luck, it doesn't take anything away from Fnatic's performance.

10. Swirly Mango

Think of it this way. Once Fnatic positioned themselves in a way that let an ashe arrow hit their jungler from the most likely direction (mid inhibitor/bot inhibitor tower) they forfeited most of their right to Baron. It no longer became IG's Baron to steal, but for Fnatic to steal because IG had Smite.

11. Bill Door

You do realise you can still use smite when stunned? It's only a suppression that stop it. You can also use things like heal, cleanse, ghost, etc. Any summoner spells other than flash and tp.

It was just a 50/50 smite battle and Kakao went too early, smiting at ~1000hp, so the baron died before Reignover could use his.

12. Swirly Mango

Fuck. Me. Guess everyone can tell I dont play jg. Ima shuddup for awhile.

13. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Thoughts on today's schedule?

I predict TSM loss, Origen win and CLG win. Dunno about H2K. SKT will win.

14. Bill Door

I'm saying wins for KT, LGD, SKT, EDG, Koo and PAIN.

15. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Pretty much expected outcome. Having said that, strong showing from TSM in the first half of the game before they tilted and started derping. There was even hope that they might pull out a win for a bit, there.

A better showing than I expected from them, even if they got stomped after 15 min.

16. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Thanks for ruining the 3/0 against Koreans, TSM.

17. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

GG NO RE OG

18. Bill Door

Motherfucking XPeke. He hits one ult all game, ez quadrakill.

19. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. HOLY SHIT LGD.

20. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

THE XPEKE BY SOAZ!