1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Spying no Jutsu by daniel-gudman - T - Naruto

Discussion in 'Naruto' started by Kensington, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Title: Spying no Jutsu
    Author: daniel-gudman
    Category: Humor/Adventure
    Rating: T
    Pairings: Naruto/Yugito? Iruka/Anko/Kurenai/Shizune???
    Chapters: 11
    Words: 88,175
    Updated: January 11, 2009
    Published: March 24, 2006
    Link: Link
    Summary: Disguised as a girl, Naruto will spy on Kage level kunoichi at the Cute Polar Bear Hot Springs Festival. On a related note, Sasuke deals with his growing attration to a mysterious new kunoichi. Also, the first ever Iruka Love Polygon. That I'm aware of.

Consistently funny. This is the only FemNaru story I approve of. Incidentally, this is also the only FemNaru story I've read. Mainly because Naruto tackles being a girl for the mission as the perfect marriage between pranking and ninja-ing. Yes, I know I should not attach suffixes to Japanese words.

4/5

Checked: June 7, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2012
  2. Illution

Illution Seventh Year

This doesn't count as a fem-Naruto fic. A fem-any-male fic would have the male character be actually a female in an AU. Usually it's written by fan girls who have self dilutions of actually not writing yaoi.

3. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Fic would have exponentially more win if Iruka were removed from said polygon and Naruto inserted in. Just sayin'.

4. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

I remember reading this and actually found that it wasn't a bad read. Mildly entertaining, I think the phrase is.

4/5

5. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Is the fact that I don't give a damn about Iruka whatsoever going to be a problem if I try reading this fic, or is he just a minor side attraction?

6. Random Shinobi

Random Shinobi Unspeakable DLP Supporter

I don't give a damn about Iruka, but I still like the fic. Besides, it's probably Naruto/Yugito, which is always a bonus.

7. Kensington

Meh, he's female for a good portion of the fic, so it's femNaru in my opinion.

As for the Iruka factor, thankfully there aren't many scenes involving him once Naruto leaves Konoha. I'm not a huge fan of him, but he doesn't detract from the story.

And Naruto/Yugito is always splendid. Unless a really shitty author writes it. Which FF.net is full of.

8. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

I actually have yet to find a Naruto/Yugito worth reading.

If you know some, I'd be interested to try them out.

9. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

*Actually doesn't really care for Yugito at all*

Just me, I guess...

10. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

I'm neutral toward all Naruto characters except Naruto. Naruto is always awesome. Depending on what fic it is I may hate or like a character. So yeah... didn't really like this one as much... 3/5

11. AntiChrist

AntiChrist Professor

I really like this work, and I'll have to admit that I am very much partial towards a Naruto/Yugito pairing. For me, this is somewhat like that Harry/Fleur pairing in that universe. It really seems to be one of the few of that pairing worth reading. I enjoy the concept itself and how Naruto's mix of innocent naiveity and bull-headed determination shines through here. 4.5/5 for me

12. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

I like your comparison between Yugito and Fleur, given the dearth of actual, skilled, attractive kunoichi in the series.

She's pretty much a blank slate as far as the canon story is concerned though, so it's really up to the author to make her an attractive character.

13. Kensington

Naruto: Eleven by Geor-sama is definitely one of the better ones.

The Birth of the Araiki Clan by Lesingnon Bladewind has potential, but the last few chapters have been disappointing with the author trying to cram canon events to fit the story.

And there's always your story. Granted, they only have met once, but I presume you placed it under Naruto/Yugito for a reason.

14. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

I'll have to try Eleven.

I started Araiki but got bogged down in the made up bloodline and the Chuunin Exams.

On top of that, Naruto and Yugito are totally OOC - the author pretty much stripped the only thing we know about Yugito from her by taking the Nibi. OCs aren't too spectacular either.

I dropped it.

As far as my story goes, hehe. Still a long ways to go before Yugito shows up again. I said 100k words from chapter 5 but it's looking to be closer to 150k.

We won't see her again until the equivalent of part 2 in the timeline.

I only really threw her up in the character spot because people were going nuts about the pairings early on and it looked better than having Pain up there as I originally did.

Too many got turned off by fears of slash - which I don't blame them for one bit considering most of the Akatsuki fics I see in the search function.

She'll show up eventually though, but I wouldn't consider it a Naruto/Yugito fic yet.

15. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Lol, I almost listed my fic under Naruto and Itachi (they are more or less the main characters), but didn't for that same reason.

16. ForsakenOne

ForsakenOne Groundskeeper

Oh god....try actually searching that on FFnet. The horrors committed by the fangirls knows no bounds.

17. Hadoren

Hadoren High Inquisitor

Read it.

Loved it.

Raped it.

4.5/5

18. Hypothesis

Hypothesis First Year

Hmm, I found it to be a decent read...I also award a 4,5/5.

As for good Naruto/Yugito fic I think Sun Kissed Jinchuukiri: Nibi no Nekomata counts. Just found it though, so I have no idea if its crap past ch 4.

19. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

I liked it a lot.

The guy fell into the cliche of ultimate ninja!Itachi, but for the most part the fights were very good.

My biggest complaint, though, would probably be Naruto's characterization in the most recent chapter.

He's sent on a S-ranked spy mission - the severity of which is pounded into his head over the period of a month - only to blab every damn thing to the Tsuchikage for no reason whatsoever?

I thought that the author was trying to show a Naruto that thought before he acted - and indeed did do that for most of the story - but then decided to regress him completely at the end.

In fact, even canon Naruto doesn't go blabbing information to potential enemies left and right. He might get a little bit loud and talk about becoming Hokage, but I think the author regressed his character rather stupidly.

Overall, 4/5 for entertaining me.

20. AntiChrist

AntiChrist Professor

I'm not sure what else he could have said that would have been believable. It looks like that the two countries probably already thought that Naruto was a spy for those reasons and simply needed to confirm what he overheard. That's how I read it, but I'd agree that it seems a bit dumb.

And what's the cliche of ninja!Itachi again?