1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Star Trek: Divergence by keiranhalcyon2010 - Stargate/Enterprise

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Skeletaure, May 31, 2009.

1. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Title: Star Trek: Divergence
    Author: keiranhalcyon2010
    Rating: None given, probably T
    Genre: Crossover
    Fandon: Stargate/Star Trek
    Summary: In the 22nd Century, after a year of exploration in deep space Enterprise is damaged, near adrift. Their distress call is answered by those who would bring about a new era for Earth and the Galaxy.
    Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/girlwholived/files/Star Trek Divergence/

Cool new Stargate/Enterprise crossover, starting at the last episode of SG1 and crossover over from there. 3 chapters at the moment, all of a good length.

Unfortunately for all you lazy members you have to join his Yahoo group to get at the story, but membership doesn't require approval so you can access them right away.

And his Yahoo group is worth joining anyway, because it's full of stories that he doesn't post on FF.Net. Like a Buffy/Watchmen crossover where Xander becomes Dr. Manhattan.

The author has a tendency set things up with trivial peril only, but his stories are just too damn fun for me to care.

4/5, would be 5/5 if there were more of it.

2. Link

Link Order Member DLP Supporter

Funny, I've just finished reading the three chapters five minutes ago.

I don't know much about the Star Trek universe, except from the movie. But I didn't have much trouble understanding the story, especially since SG-1 is kind of new to this universe as well.

Much like his other Stargate story (Commonality), it lacks some real plot for now. SG-1 with lot of technology being transported into a more technologically primitive universe... basically they are super powerful and I don't think they will find many challenge that they won't be able to resolve.

Still, a good story, as one can except from Keiranhalcyon. It's always nice to read about a well-written story about your favorites fandoms, so I'd rate it 3.5/5 - maybe more, but 3 chapters isn't much, especially considering the first chapter is completely taken from a Stargate episode, except a very short divergence at the end.

Last edited: May 31, 2009
  3. lanceavalon

lanceavalon Seventh Year

Isn't this the same person who did "The Girl Who Lived Septology"?:rolleyes:

Which was a horrible thirty car pile up of a fic with one of the most over the top Mary Sue in recent history.

Well I wonder why most of his work stays on his Yahoo group...:rolleyes:

4. Othalan

Othalan Headmaster DLP Supporter

Mechanically, the writing is decent, but it just lacks that spark that catches your attention. In short, it's boring.

3/5

5. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    As well as what is widely recognised to be the best HP/Stargate crossover in existence (Harry Potter and the Ancient's Journey). I've read that one at least 4 times.

6. Gizmore

Gizmore Minister of Swedish Affairs DLP Supporter

Fail, get him to post it somewhere else. I want to read it. CBA to make an account though. D:

7. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Ok so the entire first chapter was just a retelling of the series finale of Stargate: SG1. Only the last scene was different. Like maybe a couple hundred words. So for anyone starting to read it and already watched the last episode of SG1, go ahead and skip to the last scene. I can't really base any judgment off of this right now.

I'll read the next two chapters tomorrow, maybe those will be better. <_<