1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars Battlefront II

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Johnnyseattle, Apr 12, 2017.

1. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The force user heroes were all stupidly OP one-man-armies in the last Battlefront game as well. The other heroes all had great niche utility (HUE HUE HUE NIEN NUNB defensive faceroll), but they would usually get wrecked when paired off against even a mediocre Vader, Luke, or Palp player. A casual fps player like myself could rack up killstreaks of 50 to 60+ while running Palpatine.

In the originals, unless you were part of a large group of jetpack troopers that could work well together, the best strategy when coming across a Vader or Luke was just to run the fuck away.

So yeah, imbalance is not a new thing. And TBH, I feel like the force user heroes SHOULD be stronger, just with a higher points cost.

2. CaptainFlowers

CaptainFlowers Fourth Year DLP Supporter

Apparently, this game isn't selling well at all. Like, at ALL.

Couldn't be happier either.

3. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I mean, yeah, that sounds about right to me. I haven’t played FPS in ages, but a game where Vader/Palpatine are balanced with a all the common soldiers sounds dumb.

4. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    It actually is, more-so than I was expecting even before the lootbox stuff blew up - I was a bit wary due to never really playing an online multiplayer before (I've done maybe five matches on Mass Effect Andromeda's multiplayer, but that's it). The campaign is pretty short - I've seen four hours bandied around online, although I'd say closer to six or seven, which obviously still isn't amazing - but it is fun. Pretty predictable, and too fast paced in its story, basically just throwing you from set piece to set piece but good gameplay.

Multiplayer I'm still getting used to, it was frustrating at first getting killed by someone who hadn't even shown up on the radar yet, but I'm still having a fair amount of fun with it.

All in all, loot boxes aside, it's still a decent game, albeit totally not worth it if you're only interested in the single player.

5. Sey

Sey Not Worth the Notice DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I just want a star Wars game. I think a SW game along the lines of Witcher 3 would be amazing.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Or just an RPG.

6. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I can sympathize with you all. I can't be selfish, I already got my perfect SW game, and a sequel.

The Force Unleashed.

Don't @ me

7. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Knights of the Old Republic would be nice....

8. Sey

Sey Not Worth the Notice DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Force Unleashed kinda sucked tbh. Take away the Star Wars skin on it, it's a bad game.

9. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Meh. Bioware these days would just shit it up . Fuck that.

What I want is 1313 TBH, or I'd even settle for that one Visceral was working on when EA gutted them so they could turn it into a multiplayer lootbox shit-tier extravaganza.

Eh. The second one I agree with you on there, but the first was pretty solid. It wasn't great, that's absolutely true, but it had a solid, if poorly written, core.

10. Arthellion

High Score:

I’d give KOTOR to Obsidian, Visceral, or even DICE.

In a perfect world, CD Projekt Red would make it...

11. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Belgium's Gaming Commission says lootboxes are gambling and wants games that feature such systems banned in Europe. Not restricted or marketed to 18+ only. Fucking banned. It's the nuclear option, but nothing else would draw attention from EA and other publishers.

Consider this. Belgium says gambling as defined as where you don't know exactly what you're getting. Of course no one says Balgium will convince all of EU to raise the banhammer, and it could just go the way of China (where it was circumvented by clever wording or lootbox purchases, but they also had to disclose drop rates for content), but imagine what a threat like that could mean to the mobile F2P market, which survives on in-game purchases after providing the base game for free. If the ban were ever to happen, say goodbye to mobile gaming. Mind, I don't think it will happen, but if this doesn't make EA's top people a little sweaty under the collar, nothing will.

Hawaii says they also wanna do something about this whole gambling/kids angle. Physical sales are down 60% (though for sure some of that is due to declining physical sales in favor of digital sales, I can't imagine a chunk of this isn't people just not buying the game at all because of the shitstorm).

Holy shit. Did Reddit boop the first domino?

#FuckEA

12. Arthellion

High Score:
    I just want to watch EA burn...

Worst company out there

13. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Apparently Hawaii is going to start regulating lootboxes too, and going off the press conference other states might follow.

So ... wow. EA might have accidentally done something indirectly good for the gaming industry, by being so evil and horrible that they made everyone realize lootboxes have gone too far.

14. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Incidentally, this is kinda how I view Trump from a non-US perspective. Has done wonders for youth engagement in politics. Now, as long as he doesn't start a nuclear war...

15. CaptainFlowers

I just want to see EA burn. They sweep in, gobble up great companies and teams, and then just fuck shit up and make crap filled games.

I don't mind cosmetic-based item loot boxes. That's fine! But when it becomes basically a free-to-play game except you got to drop sixty bucks to download the game and THEN grind or drop more money - it's beyond retarded.

Absolutely fucking despise EA. More gaming companies need to be like CDPR - who released sixteen free pieces of DLC's and two expansion packs which revival anything EA would put into a full-blown game.

Thank god for Reddit man.

16. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

I've wanted them to crumble for fifteen years now. I would gladly sacrifice the entirety of the mobile gaming market to see it happen.

17. Swirly Mango

Swirly Mango Seventh Year

That's... not a sacrifice, but I completely agree with the sentiment. Fuck EA.

18. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    But but... muh waifu farmz!

19. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You can't spell steal without EA.

20. CaptainFlowers

I'm a manager at a Gamestop in Knoxville, Tennessee. We just finished the first day of our Black Friday major sell from the 23 through the 26th -

We sold out on nearly EVERYTHING, except for Battlefront II.

We sold all of three copies and raked in fifteen thousand in six hours. Three fucking copies from literally hundreds upon hundreds of customers.

I hate to say it, but I'm glad this game is flopping so fucking bad. Serves EA right for such a predatory micro-buy system.