1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars: Battlefront II

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by DGD, Nov 17, 2005.

1. DGD

DGD Headmaster

Battlefront II Is pretty awesome. I got my copy a little while ago and It's fun as hell.

2. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

3. DGD

DGD Headmaster

Heh heh, sorry but I haven't played it that much yet. . . When I do I'll give it a full length review.

4. zUzaque

zUzaque Seventh Year

I've played the first, the second looks pretty good.

5. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Battlefront is that Star Wars version of Battlefield, right?

If it is, could someone please tell me how is it in single-player?

I might download it to play a game now and then, but I can't stand the time-loss, frustration and genneral hassle of playing any game in multiplayer.

6. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

I have it too. Only downside is that you can't do the good campaign, but hey who needs good. It looks like we got friggin Anakin Skywalker at the top of the screen. Amazing what a scar and some green eyes can do.

7. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I just tried it. Meh, I guess it's not that bad, it's just that everything is happening way too fast. I guess that's cool for online gaming, but just not my cup of tea.

8. Thorn

Thorn Professor

I personally love the game and own it on my PSP. I beat it for the consols too.

The story is indulging and makes you really appreciate the Empire. It follows the 501st battalion. "Vaders Fist". You follow their story from the destruction of the CIS, the downfall of the Jedi and finally to Hoth, and everything inbetween. You really get a feel about how the Clones felt about their job.

Galatic Conquest is amazing, you can play from a number of scenarios and bring your troops to conquer the Starwars galaxy.

Instant Action is fun too. Choosing from any side and battling on any planet you like. The assault mode is amazing. Nothing like a all out Hero vs Villian battle.

The multi-player is a mesh between how good of a shooter you are and how good at tactics on the go you are. You and your friends will have great fun beatin the crap out of each others infantries.

Exclusive to the PSP are the Challenges. From Imerial Enforcer, which involves exterminating the not so human species. Rouge Assasin which is killing rouge Imps. And finally Rebel Smuggler which involves stealing goods from the Imps for the rebels.

I give it an 8/10!

9. ShadowedDarkness

ShadowedDarkness Second Year

If you liked Battlefront then defintly get this. Quite fun for multiplayer I also like how it fills in some of the questions from Episodes I-III, like what happens to the droids, and why does the empire no longer use clones. The hero battle is just pure fun though.

+Great fun playing with friends or online
    +Multiple modes, from CTF to conquest to Hunt
    +You can be Darth Maul
    +You can be Yoda
    +Force Choke is fun
    +You can kill gungans and ewoks
    +Space Battles can be quite fun

-For some space battles just aren't good enough
    -if you play solo you miss most of the fun

10. Merkava3

Merkava3 Squib

I agree, Battlefront 2 is an great game!! The space battles are both fun and so hard!! Everytime I go out there, I get blown the crap up!! It's better than the 1st one though, you could only play on the planet's surface.