1. Hey Guest, welcome back to DLP

As you can see, we've changed our look. We've migrated from vBulletin to the Xenforo forum system. There may be issues or missing functionality, if you find anything or have feedback, please check out the new Xenforo Migration Feedback forum.

Our dark ("Dark Lord Potter") theme is under heavy development. We also have a light ("Light Lord Potter") theme for those happier with a light background and darker text.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Are you any good at cooking? Got a favourite recipe that you love to cook or bring out to impress that special someone? Why not share it! A new forum called The Burrow has opened and it's all about homemaking!

Star Wars Fanfiction

Discussion in 'Other Fandoms Discussion' started by Caligula, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Download

Download Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I'm not really sure he's Vader at that point. More like Anakin in a suit.

2. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    First of all, that is ... silly.

Presumably the events of ROTS happened as canon. Anakin died that day. In the sense that the events changed him.

I'm not buying it.

Edit: Slogged through the first few chapter, now 13 chapters in. It gets better. After the jarring OOCness of Vader at the start, there is no more lightness being made, and as things get explained they make more sense.

Sure, the author has a weird way of using a disjointed timeline, but that's not a big issue. I find myself actually drawn in the tale. The author knows to tug at the right places but not over-reach.

First few chapters seem to be the weakest point. So far, at least. Hopefully it won't disappoint again.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  3. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage Prestige

High Score:
    I absolutely loved this one. It was fun, well written, engaging from beginning to finish and I loved the exploration of Tatooine mythology. Also quite liked how it delved into Leia and Vader as people and how it will impact the plot in general and their relationships to other characters.

Yeah, admittedly a bit cheesy at times but I can roll with it.

4/5

4. Methos

Methos DA Member

High Score:
  5. Nemrut

High Score:
    Vague memories, don't think I liked it much. Don't remember quite why though. Was it the story that was trying really hard to be edgy and gritty?

6. Imariel

Imariel Order Member DLP Supporter

Not sure what it tried to be, it only managed to suck.

7. Download

8. GiantMonkeyMan

GiantMonkeyMan High Inquisitor

First sentence:
    "Mara Jade slowly...methodically released the docking clamps and piloted the Millenium Falcon away from Admiral Kre'fey's flagshit"

Flagshit. :facepalm

9. Download

Yeah, it needs someone to spell check it.

It's part of why it's here and not up for review.

10. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've been on a Star Wars fan fiction kick lately and I just got done reading this and well...fuck, this is just about the best one I've ever read. Every single character feels exactly like they should and it's just gripping to read. Vader actually feels like Vader, a broken shell of what was once a man but still dangerous beyond words. He feels like the Vader from the Vader Down comics who had one of the most badass scenes I've ever seen. Surrounded by the entirety of the Rebel army by himself and his response? "All I see is fear and dead men."

11. Nemrut

High Score:
    My problem with Black Mirror was that Vader uttered way too many threats, in that he almost only communicated via "I'll kill you in horrible ways" and after a few times of saying that and NOT following up on that, well, it just makes him look lame.

His danger should not have come from making impotent threats but with a heavy silence, his presence, his breathing. He is not some two bit villain.

Also, dunno, maybe I need to watch the animated shows to really appreciate the characters but I didn't really have any fondness for the rebels, with the exception of Ahsoka who I always found fascinating, even though I didn't watch much with her in it.

12. Puzzled

Puzzled Professor

I don't like how Luke is treated like an eight year old, he just reads as super young. The Vader moments overshadow that though.

13. panda

panda Squib

High Score:
    Does anyone have any general recommendations for some of the best in the fandom? I finally got around to actually watching all the movies and am enamored with it. I'm quite good at finding quality Harry Potter fics, but I'm lost at finding Star Wars ones.

14. ZombieHunter

ZombieHunter Fifth Year

Edit: wrong thread. Don't look at me!

15. Erandil

Erandil Headmaster

https://m.fanfiction.net/s/4302076/1/Into-the-Storm

While I am bit torn about his current series this triology by blank101 is probably the best piece of completed fanfiction I have read so far.

16. Mutton

Mutton Auror

I'll go a step further; there didn't seem much to differentiate itself from your generic shitty hurt/comfort fic. Luke acted like he was 5, Vader spent the whole time just moping and throwing out pointless threats, and the Ghost characters were exceptionally bland. I saw absolutely nothing to recommend in this story.

17. Download