1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars Rebels and EU Crossovers?

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Jormungandr, May 20, 2016.

1. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

Any decent ones out there? Like Kanan and Ezra exploring the Sith Academy on Korriban, or encountering Darth Krayt while he was still a half-mad Jedi, or even stuff to do with the Resurgent Sith Empire?

There's a huge wealth of lore out there, pre and post-Empire.

2. Myrrdin Emrys

Myrrdin Emrys Disappeared

High Score:
    Fanfic authors, go!

To not make this post entirely worthless, if you're looking for SWR crossovers, I could link you to this archive, where you'll find I think 3 or 4 stories all-together, and the one with the highest reviews has serious grammar problems i.e. not putting full-stops at the end of sentences.

If you're looking for general SWR and SW crossovers, I'll give you this story.

Which is absolutely pants at grammar too. Again, since SWR is a relatively new fandom, don't expect many stories out there, and definitely not good written ones.

You've just cut down the stories by more than a thousand after saying that you need crossovers.

The largest crossover library that has SWR is with Clone Wars (God I fucking loved that show) and even that has 31 stories I think.

TL;DR: Are you likely to find SWR Crossovers? Absolutely. Are you going to find good crossovers? Small chance. About 3/10 really.

3. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

Ah, kinda expected that. :(

I also made the mistake of visting AAO3. So many Kanan/Ezra. So many Fem-Ezra. Fucking traumatic, bro. :p

Hmm... perhaps a brain-storming thread somewhere is in order: personally, I love the idea of the Ghost Crew accidentally unleashing Darth Nihilus (he bound himself to his armour and mask, and talked to Krayt when he went 'soul-searching' on Korriban in a quest to survive death) in modern times.

Realizing that they're the only ones truly capable of being a threat against a world-eating abomination (thanks to the Purge and the Inquisitors being no more than Dark Jedi mooks), Vader and Sidious have to step-up to the plate as anti-heroes and like the more involved Sith Lords of old.

Or on Malachor, the Sith Temple unleashes Darth Nox, who was in stasis and used as the Temple's fuel-source for its super-weapon. When Ahsoka and Vader face-off, and just as Vader's moment of doubt ("Then you will die!") is about to end and he resolves to kill her, an exceptionally pissed off Darth Nox is shat out from the Temple's core in a storm of fury.

Ahsoka is wounded in the melee and is disabled; just as Nox is about to decapitate her, her saber is blocked... by Vader's.

Ahsoka tries to rally, but is send careening away by Force Push by Nox, over the edge. Unknown to Vader, Ahsoka survives, but Vader thinks she's dead, and actually feels rage over her 'death', fueling him.

Vader and Nox duke it out, toe-to-toe, as Ezra escapes with the holocron while Ahsoka is recovered barely-alive by Darth Maul.

Thing is, that holocron? It also contains the knowledge of unlocking Darth Nihilus' prison, located somewhere deep in the Core.

Thus, Nox chases the crew, carving a blood swath across the galaxy in an attempt to stop them from being idiots and unlocking the cell, thinking that it might be some sort of weapon that could be used to aid the fledgling Alliance.

4. Myrrdin Emrys

High Score:
    Jormungandr.

I understand your pain, brother, I understand your pain. Last night, someone trolled me by linking me to a Harry/Snap- oh wait, Harry/Voldemort/Snape smutfic. *eugh*

Anyways, your ideas are pretty good, ever think about writing them? Seems like you have a pretty decent plot start right now. Love those starting points.

5. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Any good Ezra/Sabine fics out there? :3

6. Myrrdin Emrys

High Score:
    I tried checking for some, but unfortunately, almost all that I found were either badly written smut or the worst type of angsty fluff etc.

7. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I wouldn't be against an Ezra OOC version, or even making him older, but anything I've found has just straight up murdered Sabine's character.

8. Myrrdin Emrys

High Score:
    And now you understand the predicament I'm in.

9. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

If I did, it'd only be in the form of small snippets, when I get the time. Life is... hectic, these days.