1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars: Rewritten Prequels

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Rhaegar I, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Rhaegar I

Rhaegar I Death Eater

The closer we get to Episode Seven, the more I remember how much the Prequels suck. I wouldn't call them the worst thing ever made, even in the Star Wars Universe (the Christmas Special will always win that one), but it still had a lot of problems, ranging from bad characters to wasted potential.

It then recently occurred to me that maybe a FanFiction writer thought the same thing, and decided to recreate the Prequels and turn them into something better. Maybe they made a better version of Anakin as a Shakespearean tragedy, actually explored the fall of the Republic and rise of the Empire, or even made a great villain that actually lasts from beginning until Vader.

Since my knowledge of Star Wars FanFiction is largely limited to HP Crossovers (most of which suck), I figured maybe someone on here would have a suggestion what to go with. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good FanFic version of the Prequels?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2015
  2. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The "Unauthorized Rewrite" Series (1, 2, 3)

I read these a while ago now. I remember having a lot of issues with it, like making it unnecessarily dark in parts and a weird relationship between Anakin and Padme, but there were also a fair amount of good ideas that stuck with me. You'll probably note some similarities if you read it and look at those "How You'd Do The Prequels" posts I put up. It's about a 3.5-tier on the whole I guess.

(The author calls himself a "non-binary trans lady" on his page, incidentally -- cue eyeroll -- but I don't remember any SJW crap in the actual stories.)

The Fall - A Fresh Take on the Clone Wars (Link)

This one's not just a rewrite, but a complete reimagination of everything before the Original Trilogy. In that sense it's interesting to see another interpretation of things, and he's got some neat ideas. On the other hand, the guy can't shut up about how much he hates the prequels in his stupid author's notes that he makes into actual chapters, and he's got some really odd/dumb ideas too. I don't know what I'd rate it. It's still a work in progress, but hasn't been updated since the summer.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015