1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

StarCraft II

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Chaoticblues, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Solomon

Solomon Heir

So would I, but I'm not going to beg. I'm just going to refer to how helpful I've been to the rest of us that aren't in the beta. D:

2. Chaoticblues

Chaoticblues Professor

True that, if I got an invite I would probably give it to you for telling me about the crack XD. I can always just wait a couple months for the game to come out.

3. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Got an invite key, played against some Zerg, built a massive bioball and won.

That is not how StarCraft is supposed to be played. :awesome

4. Chaoticblues

Chaoticblues Professor

Maybe it'll be more fun if you play against better players :(. Massing a couple units and winning does sound kind of boring though. Hopefully they balance and tweek the game effectively in the next 3-4 months before they ship. I know a lot of people just die to mass speedling, though that might just be in the lower levels of play.

5. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Oh no, that was incredibly fun, and it wasn't really JUST a couple units. I did have a few medivacs in there. Bioball is powerful.

6. Chaoticblues

Chaoticblues Professor

Oh I totally misread that. I thought you were playing as zerg and just massed ling/roach XD. I'm not really sure how a zerg could counter early m+m+m though. At least not until they tech up to infesters. Can roaches hold off terran bio successfully if you have medivacs in there?

7. Solomon

Solomon Heir

From my understanding, Banelings tear bioballs apart.

8. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

Roaches can tear through any bio so long as they have burrow and a decent player to macro them. That being said, roach effectiveness gets shot down the drain if the terrans happen to bring in a Raven as well. Once you have a detector, only thing they're good at is hit and run.

9. Chaoticblues

Chaoticblues Professor

Oh true that, especially when banelings can detonate while underground. I would hate to get fungal growth'd and see those things rolling my way.

One thing I'm still a bit iffy about is the protoss lack of anti-air. Are phoenixes really that garbage or do people just not know how to get/use them effectively yet?

10. Ceebee

Ceebee High Inquisitor

Got my key off a friend!

Downloading now.

11. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

From what I have seen so far, those phoenix are only decent went used in a group. Protoss, late game, are like pure air powerhouse so I wouldn't say they're lacking anti-air.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  12. Solomon

Solomon Heir

I guess it's true what they say: the only way to win a TvT is not to play. Urgh. I won the match, but...urgh.

13. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

TvT has always been boring though.

The best matches in SC have been between PvZ and TvZ.

14. Darje

Darje Groundskeeper

I love phoenixes, the ability to grab units into the air like high templar and infestors before they can use their abilities is awesome. As for a ground unit with anti-air capabilities the stalkers are always good, less so against some of the unarmored zerg flyers.

15. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Stalkers are pretty weak. If you want ground-based anti-air, uh...I'm not sure for Protoss, honestly. Thors are excellent for Terran, as are Marines (naturally). Zerg has its hydralisks.

Also: I got to actually use the factory a couple times. :D

16. eetragt

eetragt Third Year

If you guys like seeing games you should go to http://www.youtube.com/user/HDstarcraft. He commentates games of both himself and high level games. He uploads very frequently as well. I subscribe to him and enjoy his video's immensely.

He is also having a raffle right now of a beta key, given to a subscriber. This is increasing my chances of winning if you wonder why this sounds like an ad.

Thanks for reading.

17. Chaoticblues

Chaoticblues Professor

I think he might have been mentioned somewhere before but I'm not sure. Anyhow I'm already subscribed, but good luck with your raffle!

18. Terrai

Terrai Second Year

Got a key by posting in some forum thread first, very luck... I'm just waiting to try out the new Galaxy editor, that's where the real delicacies of Warcraft and Starcraft exist.

19. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Yeah. I can't wait until the editor comes out so I can completely ignore the main game as I did with the original StarCraft.

EDIT: Didn't think about this before, but for those of you also in beta, if you want to kick my candy ass: Solomon.raiha

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  20. Terrai

Terrai Second Year

I'd be up for a fun game hehe, though I fail pretty badly too. Only got into the bronze league >> though I am pretty high up there which I guess is alright. I'll add you... you can add me as well if you want : Paradosi.terrai