1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot Steps Far From Paradise by Lady Salazar - M

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Amerision, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Haliaeetus albicilla

Haliaeetus albicilla Squib

I quite liked it, although it wasn't great.

There were a few things that made me raise my eyebrows, the torture curses in DADA, the ease in which the wizarding world accepted that a wizard that had been dead 1000 years was now alive, the lack of fight she showed and the endless rituals which had no real effect on her at all. It would have been much more interesting if she was showing gradually increasing signs of being put through dark rituals, I mean there's got to be a reason those things are classed as Dark Arts right?

3.5/5

2. Shujin

Shujin Second Year

I had to stop reading half way through. Something just didn't...click. Maybe it was the fem!Harry, maybe it was the fact that it was resurrected!Salazar or something else entirely.
    Didn't really hook my interest.
    2/5 for decent writing though, at least.

3. Renzhoulawyers

Renzhoulawyers Sent Back to India

You have to suspend belief to even START to enjoy this. I found it OOC, illogical and basely unenjoyable.

agreed 100%

Other than the crappy application of plot devices, the story was indeed well written (language, grammar etc). Hmm, 3/5 for writing and 1.5/5 for content. 2/5 overall.

p.s. nothing to do at all with pairing OR fem!harry

p.p.s. Korisovra and LuxDragon should gtfo :)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  4. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

I couldn't do it no matter how hard I tried. 2.5

And lawyers, go fuck yourself with a rusty spoon.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
  5. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

I agree with you that the Unforgivable and the pain curses were a bit much, but not with the "not resisting" part. Harry tried to resist and go agianst Slytherin, but quicly found that she didn't have what it takes to outsmart a Founder and Dark Wizard who was as cruel as Slytherin. It was better for her to not resist and get the rituals and experiments done quickly, then to fight Slytherin, get her ass beat and tortured, and have the rituals and experiments done on her anyway. I give a 4/5 for great story and charecterization.

6. wordhammer

wordhammer Dark Lord DLP Supporter

It's amazing the stories that I've missed. This is great character study between a girlHarry and the revived Founder. The author deftly uses magic to enable the story details without overburdening us with the mechanics of it. Some of the scene changes were a bit jolting but smoothed their way out.

The reason I'm bothering to post about it is that Lady Salazar posted a small added story called 'A Knock on the Door' (two years ago, but I found no mention of it in my Search on DLP); it's about Ron approaching Salazar to better understand him and Harry and how the Dark Arts hasn't made them insane. If you liked this, a little extra taste might be appreciated, and you'll probably re-read the original to recapture the spirit of the story.

T3t
  7. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Of the few semi-decent girlharry fics littering the shitpile that is the Miss Potter ff.net community, this IS one of the better ones.

But... that's not saying much in terms of its overall quality. On the fem!harry scale of 1 to 10 with 'Equal and Opposite' being 10, 'Butterfly Effect' being 1, and everything else being -50... I'd give it a solid 2.

8. silverlasso

silverlasso Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Wow. I thought all the older stories in the Library sucked. This isn't bad at all. Somewhat implausible, and it could be better, but definitely an interesting idea that I wish were continued. 4/5

9. IBG

IBG Seventh Year

I'd give this a 3.5/5. Nice fic but it felt very unfinished - I was more interested in Slytherin + Harry vs Voldemort/Dumbledore.

4.5-5/5 if it were continued.