1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Suits (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by AAli, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Again, I'm over that conflict too (in reference to Mike / Rachel drama). Maybe I'm setting the bar too high, but I want this show to move onto different issues...

2. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Is it just me or did anyone else think that the latest episode was incredibly boring? It's like the show lost its energy. If they don't get their game back on soon, then all I'll have left will be waiting for season 6 of The Good Wife.

3. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Nah it was kinda blah. Not terrible, but I didn't enjoy it. The lack of Mike and Harvey banter was maybe the main thing, it didn't feel like a friendly rivalry until the end.

4. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Only just started watching ep 6, but goddamn, do the writers want us to basically hate every single character except Louis and Donna now? Everyone else is acting selfish and annoying as fuck.

5. Gengar

High Score:
    Someone gave me a basic rundown of the first episode of this season, and I haven't watched any of Suits since.

It sounded like it was moving away from what I loved about it -really lovable characters.

It's a shame, but I probably won't watch it again.

6. Eyron

Eyron Seventh Year

That was my question too... Louis was always awesome though lol

7. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

First episode starts off with Mike being a pussy in investment banking, and not taking risks, and still trying to be nice. Sidwell tells him to either shape up or get the hell out. So Mike knows this guy, Gillis, who owns Gillis Industries which is ripe for takeover. He wants to do a takeover the nice way, and tells Harvey that who laughs at him and calls him an idiot. Mike actually tells him to shove it, he's the client and Harvey's the lawyer, so he'll help him do what he wants. That's the beginning of the bad blood between the two.

Some old guy dies and his son, Logan, takes over the business and wants to make a splash, so he also wants to do a takeover of Gillis Ind but doesn't have the same problems as Mike, and is OK with doing a hostile takeover. Of course this represents a conflict of interest because Harvey can't represent them both, Mike gives him a waiver saying he can represent Logan and basically tells Harvey to bring it.

Then at the end of the episode we find out that Logan is the guy Rachel was in a relationship in a few years back, and that she was also the mistress as he was married. So there's the backbone of the Mike/Rachel drama for the season, because of course, that's what everyone wants. More Mike/Rachel drama.

It all goes downhill from there, with backstabbing and questionable ethics and shenanigans.

8. Gengar

High Score:
    Sigh, that is all, almost exactly, what I didn't want...

9. ScottPress

High Score:
    I'm all out of fucks to give about
    Mike still being the nice guy, always trying to save other peoples' jobs.
    That's why I kind of like the new, vicious Harvey. Give me some blood, man.

I remember Louis calling Harold Whatshisface 'an idiot savant, minus the savant'. It seems Louis is sort of a slightly socially awakward genius himself.
    All of Shakespeare's plays by heart? Fuck me running.

10. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

To be honest I'm not even really sure what else the writers can do to move this story along anymore.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  11. redshell

redshell Order Member

This. They've written themselves into a corner. Mike didn't give two weeks notice at Pearson-Specter, so Harvey's gonna have to pull some serious strings to get him back in - and even then, he's still going to be stuck toiling in anonymity. He can't go to law school and actually be a real lawyer now, since he had that hacker chick set him up with a paper-thin transcript.

Honestly the whole investment banker thing wasn't bad, but Mike's a lawyer. A fraud, but a lawyer. I'll be sad to see it go because everyone on the show does a great job, but I really don't see how they're going to change things up at this point.

Unless Harvey leaves Pearson-Specter once Mike finishes up at UCLA or something and they found Ross-Specter or some such shit. Which would be dumb.

12. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

If last weeks preview was any indication. Mike is going to cut ties with his girlfriend. Which is probably his last bridge to burn.

13. ScottPress

High Score:
    I know, right? The show feels very much like its best times have already come and gone. Season 2 was full of win, but 4 has been boring as hell so far.

14. Gengar

High Score:
    I would have been fine with the show ending last season. It was actually a really satisfying conclusion for me.

15. ScottPress

High Score:
    So it looks like the show might be getting back on its feet. The latest episode left me feeling somewhat hopeful.

With
    Mike back at Pearson Specter
    I predict we'll see some good old bromance.

16. Trig

Trig Unspeakable

I would have never expected a show about two movie-quoting lawyers to make me this emotional. :cry:

17. ScottPress

High Score:
    Just as things were going back to awesome, the season's almost done. Louis... This guy is unbelievable. One moment I want to kick him in the nuts, the next he makes me regret it, and so on.

18. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

This Louis, the Louis that's serious and doesn't give a shit about cat trials, is the one I want to see. He was awesome in this episode. But, even though it paid off in the end, going to confess to the SEC without telling Jessica or Harvey was a stupid move. In fact, him doing shit on his own is one of the biggest reasons why he's in the mess he's in. I like Katrina, but it's always her telling him to do something that spurs him to do stupid shit like this.

And good lord Jessica is a cold hearted cunt. But Louis has never learned, she had to do it. If only the writers had kept him like he was in the first season, and not this butt sniffing person he is now. He stood up for himself in the first season, he went toe-to-toe with Harvey and was his equal. Even when Harvey made senior partner Louis didn't let that make him subservient to him. His obsequiousness at the end, Harvey and Jessica are like his parents, good god that annoyed me. It's like he's putting himself at Mike's level.

19. Eyron

Eyron Seventh Year

I crack up whenever Jessica's Booty-call guy shouts over her and whines like a little biotch about how sad he is that she lied to him/treats him like everyone else. GASP. How dare she lie to ME. He's hilarious.

What's even funnier is that she bends over backward to try and make up with him everytime. Yet Louis gets shat on and he's been there FAR longer than Booty-call guy...

I can't wait to see Louis in a place that probably will see his talents and skill, and he ends up having to face off against his old firm.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  20. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Suits has been renewed for a 5th season, which will be 16 episodes in length and premiere in Summer 2015. It'll likely be split into 10/6 episode blocks like it usually is, 10 episodes during the summer/midseason and 6 during the winter.