1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Supergirl

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Nemrut, May 14, 2015.

1. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

Supergirl will be moving to The CW this fall for season 2 after CBS decided not to renew it. It will still air Mondays at 8.

The CW has already started advertising it:
    Supergirl teaser
    The Superheroes of The CW Extended Trailer

As someone who only saw the pilot and bailed, I only returned for the Flash crossover. Unsurprising the scenes with Barry in it were the best scenes in the episode. Everything else was pretty bad.

Here's hoping the writers can bring it up a notch now that the show isn't on CBS and they don't need to appeal to as broad an audience as possible. After all, the CW always seems to go for niche shows instead of broad ones.

But I wouldn't be too upset if some of the writers from season 1 didn't make the transition over to the CW (and Vancouver, their new filming location). After all, given that the CW already announced a 4 night crossover event between Supergirl/Flash/Arrow/Legends... I don't want the Supergirl episode being the noticeably lower quality series of the crossover, given that since Supergirl is on Mondays it will be leading off these kind of events.

This is just the opinion of someone who has only seen 2 episodes of season 1 though (and bits and pieces of others since my little sister watches and loves the show), so I understand my opinion isn't particularly relevant or meaningful to those of you who watched all of the episodes. So what do all of you think of the move to The CW?

2. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

The big problem with this show is they do anything to make Superman look bad and Kara look good imo. I know its a Supergirl show, but the way they shoehorned Supes into the season final only to make Kara look better - again - just annoyed me. But then all the CW shows have their faults, Flash with the power levels, Arrow with everything, etc.

3. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I never had the courage to watch the episodes on CBS, and the reviews afterward never really made me want to go through the effort of catching them afterwards.

Wonder how difficult it'd be to just go into it blind when it moves to CW? Assuming CW makes it better, that is, which isn't necessarily a guarantee.

4. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    It wasn't necessarily about making Superman look bad. it was about to have a big conflict and explain why Superman doesn't come in and wrap things up for her or do at least half of it. Especially with this restriction that they really don't want Superman appear outright, at least so far.

As to the switch, while Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow and Flash aren't exactly good anyway, Flash at least has some quality so I hope the writers there help out.

5. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

Eh, they made his powers get nerfed, but did a pretty bad explanation on why Kara wasnt affected tbh, when they couldve just used something like him being offworld looking for that ship from the cliffhanger or whatever.

6. Nemrut

High Score:
    It's always going to be bullshit. This explanation at least was something I could roll with. Clark was longer on earth and thus the evil whathaveyou could effect him but not Kara? Okay, why not, not any dumber than anything else in superhero stories.

Better than the no explanation that is prevalent in the bigger movies, imo.

7. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

I hate this show, well, but I hate all the superhero tv shows that aren't made by Netflix. (I mostly hate the writing. I saw one episode of Flash where some shapeshifting guy got the drop on Flash and was like gtfoh.) But I always thought the girl playing Supergirl was cute, so I just googled her to find out what her name was. Has anyone else seen these NSFW pics of her?

8. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

I just saw the season 2 premiere and it was miles better than any other episode I've seen. Superman/Clark stole the show. He was everything I've wanted after years of moping and angsting in the movies/comics/Smallville.

James Olsen is still a black hole of suck. Every time he is on screen my mind starts to wander to other things. What a useless character.

I liked Cat, J'onn, and Alex.

Winn is useless. There trying to force him into the Cisco role, but I'm not feeling it.

I liked Lena Luthor. I don't trust her, but I like her.

So far moving to the CW seems have improved the shows quality.

9. Actuary

Actuary Squib

High Score:
    Completely agree, I thought the guy they tapped to be Superman did a great job, and the chemistry, for lack of a better word (because that makes them sound like a romantic type of relationship, which obviously isn't the case), between him and Supergirl was pretty good. I hope he's part of future episodes from time to time. It was nice to see something different than the 10 years of angst Smallville brought.

10. Nemrut

High Score:
    Yeah, first episode was pretty strong. Clark was pretty good, I liked Kara's decision to stop that romantic borefest that was her "relationship" with Jimmy.

The villain was dumb but that's just part for the course with these superhero shows, unfortunately. So yeah, pretty optimistic for this season. Not tiptoeing around Clark/Superman was a great choice.