1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot Take My Hand by bigdonadiet - NC-17

Discussion in 'Restricted Section' started by psihary, Aug 16, 2009.

1. psihary

psihary Groundskeeper

... I've got a polar bear for a neighbour...
    Title: Take My Hand
    Author: Big D on a Diet
    Rating: NC-17
    Genre: Angst, Drama, Erotica
    DLP Category: Restricted Section
    Pairing: Harry/Lily
    Published: July 11, 2008
    Words: 7,869

Summary: Sequel to "Exit Light, Enter Night."
    Link: Take My Hand at ficwad and at patronuscharm

While checking out the new posts, I saw MemoryKing's latest entry in a thread at the Restricted section, and after reading the discussed fic, yet again, I clicked on BigD's profile to search for another forgotten piece of his, and "Take My Hand" as a sequel was the obvious choice for a re-read.

Imagine my surprise that the sequel of one of the better Dark!Harry stories is missing from the Library. A rather fast search, I must admit, didn't turn anything, and so I'm creating my first post in the "For Review" section hoping I haven't missed the story somehow, as I'm still wondering how it hasn't found a place in here as of yet.

In summary, there isn't much to say beside it has the same delicious dark feeling from its prequel, and has, arguably, one of the best or rather most logical Harry/Lily intereaction I've ever read. That is not much by itself, and yet in those troubled times, when the regularly udating Harry/Draco fics are over 1.5k(stat lifted from Vlad's post in here,) a fic of that sort seems like a precious gem in a pool of mud, to me at least.

edit: forgot to rate it... a solid 5/5 of course if it wasn't clear enough from what I said above.

Checked: Nov. 12, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2012
  2. Philly Homer

Philly Homer What you call elephant cum I call mouthwash

It's smut written by Big D, there is no doubt that it belongs in the library. The Harry/Lily is just an added bonus. Now, if he would just hurry up and write the third part, where Harry kills everyone for the lulz.

5/5

3. Chiron

Chiron Second Year

Well I'm shocked.

When browsing through the For Review section I didn't expect this story to be sitting here. Big D is one of my favorite authors, and I haven't found a single one of his works that I didn't like. This story isn't an exception.

5/5

4. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

Not sure why there's a lack of comments here, but I'll throw in my two cents.

I admit I didn't particularly like the prequel to this fic. It was well-written and featured a very believable mental breakdown on Harry's part, but the brutality of the rape was just too dark for my tastes.

This fic, however, is closer to conventional smut, as the sex is (mostly) consensual. The characterization is what really sets it apart from the pack. Lily is completely fleshed out (rimshot), and this is one of the best characterizations of deranged!Harry I've seen.

The final touch of brilliance is the ambiguity of the setting, leaving the reader unsure whether this is real or a symptom of Harry's madness.
    Easily a 5/5

5. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

I agree 5/5. Got a boner before the sex started.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  6. Marksbay

Marksbay Banned

It's Big D. 5/5. Sad that he has gone dark.

(USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS SHITPOST)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2016