1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TAKEN: The Movie

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by athousandyears, Feb 12, 2009.

1. athousandyears

athousandyears First Year

Has anyone seen Taken? It came out in 2008 but it's been released again in theaters. I just saw it online... (link here: http://ipb.quicksilverscreen.com/index.php?showtopic=94877&st=0)

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this movie. This guy fucking kills everyone, no mercy. Every annoyance that I have seen in an action movie (example: when someone is threatening a hostage with a knife to the neck and the main character surrenders his gun, WTF JUST SHOOT HIM), was taken care of in this movie. Really impressed me.

The plot isn't that original (daughter gets kidnapped, gets revenge) but the movie in itself was very different than other action/thrillers.

:) My two cents.

2. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

Best way I've explained this movie.

Main Character > Jack Bauer X Jason Bourne

Boom. Roasted.

3. athousandyears

EXACTLY. I THOUGHT OF JASON BOURNE TOO. But way more extreme because he doesn't give a shit! He'll shoot up your wife.

Best line ever: "This is not the time for dick measuring!"

Slow beginning, but it gets so much better.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  4. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

Hahahaha, I loved it sooooo much. When he shot the wife I was literally in shock. I thought he'd killed her! And I was like, "wtf did you do that for?!"

^^^Testament to a good movie.

5. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

/me throat jabs Fuegoddefuerza.

HOW YOU LIKE ME NOW MOTHA' FUCKA!

Watched it the other night. Was total win.

6. athousandyears

I know! Usually, in movies, the main character doesn't do crazy shit like that... It was more shocking because she knew him. He was a family friend and then BAM. Even if it was only a flesh wound =/

7. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

Greatest spy character IMO. Makes Bond look like a bitch, and Bourne look like Bond's slutty bottom.

He takes everyone down with a simple kick to the nuts and a jab to the throat, all the while never raising his calm voice. Simple but effective. That man is my idol.

8. Jangel

Jangel Earl of Someshit

What a fucking amazing movie. Most realistic action film I've seen in a long time. Shooting the asshole with a knife to the hostage's neck is for the ultimate motherfucking win.

9. Veri

Veri Denarii Host

Yeah, I've been reccing this movie in IRC for a while. Totally badass, nonstop awesomeness after the first 20 minutes. The scene where he fucked up the guy in the taxi was tight. Shit, I gotta rewatch it.

10. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Loved this movie. Not really a spectacularly original film, but it doesn't need to be.

It's awesome.

11. Knox

Knox The Last Remnant DLP Supporter

At the crossroad where the demon lies. Waiting to
    This movie is full of win because it has Liam Neeson :awesome .

It's Bourne x Spike x Liam Neeson + Liam Neeson.

Did I mention Liam Neeson is win?

12. Philly Homer

Philly Homer What you call elephant cum I call mouthwash

Just watched this. It's a pretty generic plot, with a couple of twists here and there. The best part is Liam Neeson kicking some serious ass in the movie, and that is what ends up making the movie. The action is close to the Bourne Trilogy which is honestly what surprised me. Going into the movie I expected the action to be pretty ordinary, but it exceeded all expectations. Oh and Liam Neeson did a great job acting wise, it wasn't just the cold blooded killer mentality, but also the scenes with his family.

I liked that Neeson pretty much killed anyone who had a had in his daughter's disappearance. I loved what he did to Marco and the dude who wanted to negotiate at the end. My favorite one might be the one where he shoots the French officer's wife.

13. Invader.Azula

Invader.Azula Seventh Year

This movie was epic!

I loved the part when he interrogated the guy in the chair with the nails and jumper cables.

Liam Neeson is the epitome of the nice guy that could totally kick your ass.

14. Portus

Portus Heir

Haven't seen the movie yet, but it's tough to go wrong with Liam Neeson. I'm sure lots of you here have seen his movie Rob Roy, where he's the Scottish legend and Tim Roth (now in Lie To Me) is the bad guy you really, REALLY hate. Plus, it has Jessica Lange as Neeson's wife, and she was still pretty damn sexy then. Of course, if you've seen the King Kong remake from the 70s with her and Jeff Bridges, you already know she was at her sexiest then... And yes, I know she looks pretty rough nowadays.

Anyway, Neeson is good in the "WTF? Did you just fuck with my family?? Oh, that was a big mistake, bitch"-type roles, and I'm looking forward to seeing this one.

Speaking of Tim Roth, I read that he was originally slated to play Snape in the Potter movies, and in my opinion, he would have made a better Snape than Rickman. I know many may think that's blasphemy, and I do like Rickman (especially in Die Hard), but he's really too old to have been a classmate of Harry's parents and Sirius and Lupin, and in love with Lily Evans. That's my $0.02, anyway.

15. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

My favorite part was

when he sees his daughter's slutty best friend, dead after being drugged and suffocated in her own vomit. That's what she gets for whoring herself to a french guy. No one asks about her at the end of the movie, no one will probably even find her decomposed body. Fitting end.

16. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

Anything with Qui-Gon Schindler == Win.

If you guys liked this, check out Man on Fire, if you haven't already.

17. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Ah, I liked that one too. It's very similar in some aspects.

18. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

I was sad when it ended, awesome. Liam neeson right? At least he didnt die a completely pathetic death like some of his other movies, like leo dicaprio

19. AntiChrist

AntiChrist Professor

I saw this movie a couple of days ago. The plot was like others had said, not very original, but Liam Neeson was awesome. I could have done with a little less scripted sappiness though.

20. bornagainpenguin

bornagainpenguin DLP Archivist

:headshot:

Wait, you guys thought this was good?

I'll admit it started perfectly, then built itself to a nice toned death dealing machine...only to utterly wimp out in the end.

For fuck's sake, once they make it back to the States (and there are absolutely zero problems getting out of France--I mean who cares the guy just went on a killing spree that would make most serial killers cry with envy?) the daughter runs off to Slut-Mommy and her Daddy-Dollars like it was no big deal.

W. T. F !

Slut-Mommy and Daddy-Dollars were the ones who pretty much got you into the mess in the first place! They did everything to facilitate the kidnapping but call ahead at the airport to let the Albanians know prime Pussy was on its way... And she goes back with them?

And Liam Neeson just stands back and smiles that sad smile like it was all worth it to see his dumb daughter go back to the ones who will likely start another campaign to PAS the girl all over again!

I was all over this movie until that happened at the end. Yeah I know there's the meeting at the end but still that's all he gets for his troubles?? Lousy ending spoiled the otherwise excelent movie for me.

--bornagainpenguin