1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Teen Titans?

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Sully, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Sully

Sully Groundskeeper

Finally finished the monster that is These Black Eyes and the remnants of it's sequel and I find myself wanting more of the fandom. Sadly, the whole fanfiction genre looks painfully reminiscent of any cartoon that's fan-base is consisted of mostly 12-year olds.

Anyone got any borderline decent fics to share?

2. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Legend Maker. His ("she" is actually a he, despite the author's notes... some weird thing where he tried to impersonate his sister or something, I don't know) early stuff is, erm, well, pretty bad by DLP standards, but it gets better. Maybe. It might be more of an acquired taste.

The continuity is a bit confusing. He has a vague outline of it on his profile page, but it might not be sufficient. And all of his stories are very OC heavy, but he does them reasonably well, I think. If you could stand Noir from TBE (not that he's bad, but... you know), you can probably stand any of LM's.

Also, Japhith. He has two main series and a few one-shots. All are pretty good.

The Measure of a Titan by General Havoc. The main character is an OC, but again done pretty well.

There's also Origins and Beginnings by Redbyrd, a retelling of the Titans' formation. Origins is complete, but Beginnings hasn't updated in a long time.

I think that's all I've got.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  3. Rhys

Rhys High Inquisitor

Avatar and its sequel Adaption are pretty good, especially by the standards of the fandom. They're quite long and have an episodic format with longer arcs spanning multiple episodes. There's a lot of OCs (or possibly minor characters I didn't know about from the show), and a lot of villain character development if that's your bag, but the main Titans are all major characters too. There's also a fair amount of angst but I found it mostly tolerable considering the more than fair amount of action.

Both stories are complete, but I should note that the second ends in a cliffhangerish place and seems to be setting up for a third story (which may never be written, judging by the hiatus).