1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Temptations of a Dark Soul by Amerision - T

Discussion in 'Dark Arts' started by Dark Syaoran, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Yeah, I noticed the OCC of Dung. I wasn't going to comment on it, but I saw that you already had mentioned, and wanted to put my two-bits in.
    But other than that, really nice.

2. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

This is my favorite of your stories. I can appreciate Harry/fem!himself, but Temptations of a Dark Soul is more epic. Even though Harry entered another dimension in Equal and Opposite, he still only operated in Hogwarts, technically. In this story, there's cage matches, the underground...

Particularly in the battle at the Dursley's house, I felt it slighly unrealistic that Harry killed so many of the Death Eaters. Perhaps you could tone it done a little in the rewrite, make them incapitated for something? Otherwise, the fight scenes were very good.

3. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

Update!

This update got out of hand, and ballooned from 5k to 10k. It probably meanders a bit, and the fight scenes are less duels than all out brawls to the death.

Andro, your concerns are still being addressed.

Tell me what you think.

4. Mors

Mors Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Will read when I get a moment. For the time being, awesome news.

5. merchantofam

merchantofam Fifth Year DLP Supporter

I must say this is one of the most refreshing stories i have read, I have to hand it you for your imagination. Though sometimes your details during the fighting scenes seem a tad overdone, but that just might be due to the fact you're building up the scene for an explosive finish. However when you describe the scenery try to add a bit more detail so that the reader (especially for a non-english speaker like me) can visualize what you are trying to 'paint' if they don't understand what is going on. Other than that the story is wonderful and please feel free to update as much as you can.

6. Calen

Calen Fourth Year

YaY for the new chapter. I didn't like that freaky succubus lady or whatever she is. Suppose it's that 'all knowing' attitude she has; like not matter what Harry will come to her for some sucking. But seeing as she was with riprip-Jack her standards can't be very high. Harry should find out if she has some of of MTD; Magically Transmitted Diseases... the STD check should be a given.

Tonks managing to find him.... was she in the brothel?! :D

7. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

She was with him for his power, not his dashing good looks. And he wasn't in a brothel when Tonks found him, he'd just dueled death eaters outside, and was "fleeing" the scene. Truthfully, I skipped over that bit. I skip over most magical duels in fics.

8. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

I tried to make this one different than the duels are typically depicted.

I'm considering trashing most of the second and third chapter, bridging the first chapter to the fourth to make this story faster paced. It's terribly bloated with information the plot doesn't really need.

This would cut out the 'little girl' segments, the attack on Colin Creevey, and most of the angsty identity crisis Harry has. It would also cut out Peter's POV, which I consider useless.

I think the greatest impediment to this story is the meandering second and third chapters, which are long and boring. Most readers probably X out in these two chapters.

What do you think?

9. Jaba

Jaba Backtraced

The redneck infested area of Fl. Panhandle
    I liked all the chapters in this story. Good flow and plot, but the second and third chapter did seem a little like a too much filler.

Delete them, re-wright, it doesn't matter to me. This story still kicks ass.

10. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This is where I needlessly glorify the fic even more.

Still, a definitely at least a 4.5/5.

However, my pet peeve: does HP have to get hurt so goddamn much? It's extremely realistic, but those injuries are accumulating a tad too much for my tastes. Gives HP a touch of vulnerability, which I don't appreciate that much.