1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TES: Your favourite play styles and former characters.

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Seratin, Apr 22, 2016.

1. banished

banished Squib

I've always enjoyed playing the assassin in RPG's. Its just so satisfying to sneak up on someone and slip a dagger in their back. And if stealth fails then a good old fireball to the face will fix the problem just as well.

2. atlas_hugged

atlas_hugged Fourth Year

High Score:
    I gravitate towards the magic systems in all the games.

Morrowind was by far the best for this, and remains my favorite. My favorite character build in that one was an enchanter. He enchanted a full set of clothes and armor to fortify strength. It might have been a feather enchantment. The one exception to this was an amulet he had with a Jump and Slowfall enchantment. For his weapon, he used Stendarr's hammer, a 1000 pound hammer tucked away as an easter egg. It's the highest damaging weapon in the game, but is almost impossible to use unless you're doing this. The playstyle was simple: jump 100 feet in the air, and hammer anything you could on the way down. Though I've recently started a playthrough where I'm running through the telvanni questline, and it's a ton of fun as well. I installed a couple of mods that unlock the skills system a bit more (not that skills in morrowind weren't fairly busted already), so I'm going fairly crazy with an amulet of icaran flight.

In Skyrim, my favorite character was a pacifist. His one rule was he couldn't harm people himself. He was only ever permitted to use things like frenzy, or more preferably, calm. Sadly, I had to break the rule in the thieves guild questline, as there is a point in it where you must kill someone to progress.

3. stayintheloop

stayintheloop First Year

High Score:
    I always try to build a well-balanced character in Skyrim, but it's so tempting not to when you can just max out heavy armor and slash your way through the game. It's really about the experience of playing for me, and I don't really see the point in using certain skilltrees unless they turn out to be REALLY useful.

4. Phoenix

Phoenix Squib

High Score:
    My first Skyrim character was a Dumner mage. After clearing a few of the starting quests, I traveled to the College of Winterhold so I could learn more spells. There is something magical about throwing gigantic fireballs at enemies.