1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Testing sigs

Discussion in 'Graphics Discussion' started by Azrael's Little Helper, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Azrael's Little Helper

Azrael's Little Helper High Inquisitor

Here are 3 sigs I've made based on the same render, 2 of them using Jon's tut. Which one is best of the 3, all 3 equally terrible or varying degrees of terrible and should never be used nonetheless?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The only problem I see is that you never made any changes to the actual woman in any of the three pics. I think some variation of color in her features would go a long way to making these more interesting.

If I caught sight of them one at a time, I wouldn't think they were bland, but it's like scrolling over the same type of panties in a Victoria's Secret catalouge, just that they are all in different colors. Gets a bit boring after a minute, even though the chick wearing them all is still hot.

3. Dark Magic

Dark Magic Denarii Host

I like the second banner the best. The only change that I would make would be the color of the font. The brightness of it makes it kind of difficult to see.

The first banner is my next favorite. It needs more background. You can't just leave a whole side blank.

The third banner has too much red. IMO, the color of the girl's hair is too similar to the color of the background.

4. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

You need to blend the render into the background a bit. o_<

5. Azrael's Little Helper

Azrael's Little Helper High Inquisitor

Thanks all for your input. My new one, currently floating around the bottom of this post is a revamping based on the style of the 2nd one, but I just can't get your renderblending right Jon. The woman in the render, whom I shall refer to as Marguerite, I can't get to fit into the backgrounds very well because of annoying black spots that just end up dominating the area around her head. As to actually changing her features the 3rd sig and the current one has an increase in contrast to highlight her white skin against that red hair and a slight darkening of the render image. It's an interesting learning process, thanks all, especially you Jon.

6. Rated RKOver

Rated RKOver Second Year

What Jon said. Also, you should put a border. Well, that's my opiniion anyway. Also, I'm not a huge fan of the text, but keep it if you like it obviously. Other than those minor nitpicks, the sig is great. I especially like the background.