1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The Awakening Power by SIB - T

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ip82, Nov 23, 2005.

1. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Well isn't that just downright fuckin rude! I think you have to learn your place! we all bitch about fics, think of it as constructive critsism. Sera when he decids to bitch usually does it for a reason and you tend to listen to what's said. *holds Sizzling Wok of Havoc up threatingly*

2. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Sizzling Wok of Havoc? lol, I have no idea what that is. I know it's Chinese kitchenware, but no clue towards what it's used for?

3. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

Well I gave the story a shot, and I must say HARRY IS A LITTLE BITCH in this story. He apoligizes for EVERYTHING. It gets so irritating for him to beg ginny to forgive him for NOT ASKING HER TO THE BALL EARLY ENOUGH. It's riddiculus, not to mention him apologizing to everyone for hexing Malfoy. I'm sorry but Cannon Harry has a short temper, he isn't some noble monk who does everything that's pure and then apologizes for not being a perfect little bitch for ginny, dumbldore and the light side.

4. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

Lol

It's used for making stir fry and shit like that, at least in my house anyway. Although I'm yet to see one of Havoc, I'll have to get over to ebay and see if I can find one.

5. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Play nice guys, we have banned folks temp. for outright baiting the staff. He's got the right to post his opinion as long as it's reasonably fair, you all do.

Suprised you didn't hit me with that, considering I'm usually one of the first to respond to threads with harshly honest reviews.

6. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Lord Ravenclaw asigned me the sizzling wok of havoc i'll use it to burn the H/G shippers and rude people like burned chinese noodles with fryed dog or maybe cat they can choose.

7. Akalon

Akalon Second Year

Columbus, Ohio USA on weekends, weekdays The Void.
    First off "Sizzling Wok of Havoc?!?!?!?!" LOL, I'm sorry but that's funny. Look Sera sorry about that, I was just in a bad mood earlier when I read your post. And there's noway I'd bitch at you Midknight, your too high up.

Lol, :twisted: I'm just being a little twisted today folks, so just ignore me.

8. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Yeah... i cant agree more.. sera your just a punk wannabe cuz... cuz.. cuz all you do is complain ... and ... youre like.. so much cooler than me...and i wont stand for that! So im callin you out right now... so grab your steel chair and get your arse out here cuz im gonna stomp a mudhole in your candy ass, jabroni!

... *cough*... or not...

Right ... akalon... we're all for expressing ones opinion... but that was just plain stupid... you single out sera out of all the people who complain about bad fanfiction here, which just happens to be just about EVERYBODY...

no.. homie dont play dat... Mids givin you a warning already and i quite agree... i believe its the same reason Fear was ran off... pointless bashing of users, not just admins...

s'not cool or funny.. dun do it...

9. Beelzebu

Beelzebu Guest

c....and now you guys got nothin else to talk about but the poor bastard that singled out Lord S....i c it this way...how about we just make an all aroun bitchin forum where there can be stupid forum cat fights and where we can all let off a little steam...and at the end....wut happens in that forum stays in that forum....eh?.....anyway.....so the poor guy made a stupid joke...cause thats wut it looked like to me...give him a brake....lol.... :roll: :D

10. Akalon

Akalon Second Year

Thank you Beelzebu. It was a joke but apparently not many got it. SO sorry for trying to crack a joke ppl, maybe next time I'll just say it right off and then there's no humor or anything.

And no vash I wasn't messing or mouthing off to you or Midknight. Like I said I'm not that stupid.

Jeez ya try to fool around a bit and ya get in trouble for it. :( :? :shock: :roll: Anyway sorry if I ruffled anyones feathers with my small joke, though Beel does have a good idea with that.

11. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

Zev's Rules on the Net:

# Never discuss politics.
    # Don't use irony or sarcasm without smiles or you will start a nuclear war.
    # Murphy's law rules supreme.

12. RagefulLlama

RagefulLlama Seventh Year

only on the net Zev? Jeez you should get out more. The Murphy's law is the Universes one constant. A higher being like yourself should know better than this :p .

13. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

:D

Ye, sure, it's universal, but when you deal with your fellow Asgaards, nothing goes wrong, everything is perfect.

The problem starts when I log in to the human Internet from my "boy-who-lived" (my starship). :wink:

14. Midknight

It didn't come off as a joke, more like really bad sarcasism, that left the door open for bad retaliation. You didn't offend me or mouth off to me, and I didn't take it that way, as I responded the way I did, if you had offended me, well there's a reason I'm usually the one to enforce our policies first, lol. My response was purely cut and dry, just a simple play nice folks, wasn't meant to be DO IT OR DIE!!1! I think Vash was a bit annoyed by it, as was Sera, but you apologized, so it's cool.

Hmm seeing the smile at the end, I'll take that as sarcasism, otherwise that does come off rather pissy, since the above posts are mostly staff. :twisted: We've discussed it, a rant forum. I'm against it however, there should be a measure of respect, both for us staff, and for fellow users at all times. My reasoning being that, I'm utterly sick and tired of folks replying to posts just bashing other posters, and I can quickly see a rant/bitch forum gear into folks siding up against each other. There's been a great deal of flame/flame bait posts lately, I've removed quite a bit of them lately, some a mere minute after they were posted and sent gentle warnings asking for respect.

Getting the point where regardless of if the holidays are shoving a bitch pill in their throats or not, this community isn't the place to wave around epeens, we're all here to share readable fics, and discuss various things about HP.

15. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

well said, midknight, well said.

16. Akalon

Akalon Second Year

Thanks.

Hey Zev what's Thor been up to? And how are O'neill and Carter?

:p

17. Akalon

Akalon Second Year

Hey question..... I know of a Godlike HP fic but don't know how to post it. Yes I read the rules for posting but didn't understand most of it. I'd have to give the story's page address instead of the story address 'cause it's not on FFnet or mediaminer or any of those, it's on Schnoogle.

So, uh, a little help clearing things up for me?

18. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

indeed ... ive spent thanksgiving with a tonsul infection ... im still in pain so im irritable... realy i apologize for being a dick but yeah... i meant it...

meh... i realize it wasnt entirely serious but still... look at all the crap fear started... i just want to insure it doesnt happen again...

and i was irritable... and for beng a dick i apologize but the message is the same... make sure people know your joking or dun do it... if its questionable... best not to do it at all...

... *stares blankly*

TRANSLATOR! >_<

19. Midknight

The page address is fine, any link to it is fine as long as it's easily findable.

As for the rest of the thread, take this lightheartedly, as I intended

[​IMG]

20. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Err... forgive me for discussing the topic of this thread, but Sib's The Awakening Power is an excellent H/G (yes there are a few), with a great Harry/Dumbledore duel (man there's not enough of those), and even an impressive battle and action adventure sequence at the end. Any storyline that leaves Harry still in school and Voldemort still alive after 200k+ words of a 6th year story, is practically unfinished and in need of a sequel though.

But here's my question: How the hell did this land under "Dark Harry but Lightsided"? I mean this story is about as canon!friendly Dumbledore/Order respecting as they come. Harry's not throwing around unforgivables or much in the way of dark magic, and certainly not actively doing something Dumbledore tells him not to. Certainly one of the better follow-ups to OotP and a fair more romance than I'd like to see, but I would never have called this story dark in any way, shape, or form.

I know the whole "dark but light-sided" verbiage has been debated some, but I always interpreted it as someone wanted to write a "dark" story with dark magic etc... but was desperately hoping to not get clumped with "evil!Harry" stories and added "but light-sided" to make it clear they were still against Voldie. Sometimes "but light-sided" means working with the order and Dumbles as equals, though most of the time it seems to fall as though they are working against Dumbles. But I don't think any story where Harry would be considered "Dumbledore's man" and where he's still a little bitch needing guidance and orders should fall under the "dark but light-sided" banner.

Though I will reiterate, that if you can ever stomach H/G at all, this is definitely one of the betters. Way more romance and tears than I like normally, but I can still recommend this fic without a second thought.