1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The 'Broken' series by LittleChicago - T - Dresden Files

Discussion in 'Dresden Files' started by ParseltonguePhoenix, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

same here.

2. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Updated.

So now we have Thomas, Murphy, Elaine, Mouse, the Alphas, a bunch of mercenaries, and Dresden in Undertown? I like it. Maybe Kincaid will show up leading the mercenaries.

3. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This should be fun. I also like the inclusion of the Denarians.

4. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

..I don't, atleast not currently. If he does something awesome with them I will be pleased. If I can see it coming a mile away.

One thing that I got annoyed, was that Lash claimed them to be Denarians, when the second set of eyes were not apparent to the people who saw them. Kinda makes it failboat.

I doubt this was a plothole and was just LC trying to get a little tension going.

Didn't really work.

5. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    LittleChicago. You are a complete and utter bastard. Cliff hangers are not cool man! Not cool at all!

Still, that chapter was epic in the extreme and I'm looking forward to what Harry and Deirdre's soulgaze is going to produce. I'd place some drawbacks on Harry using magic to enhance his body though, seems like that sort of thing would have serious drawbacks on his skeletal and musculature system, since we're generally not built to be able to wrap steel bars in to a pretzel and no matter the magic, there's still going to be physical effects from that.

Secondly, the Bugaboo is awesome, and seems like something you could really use in future stories/scenes. All in all, an awesome chapter.

6. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

That was a complete surprise for me, and awesome too. I loved today's update.

7. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

Dammit, I hope Thomas weilding Esperacchius wasn't foreshadowing, there's a theory going round the interwebz that Thomas will be the next Knight. Unfortunately there's only one problem with that :I find Sanya far more likeable than Thomas. Fuck that shit, White Coirt vampires have enough advantages.

8. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Updated.

More later

9. JWH

JWH Unspeakable

I kinda love you, dude. No homo

Hope you're not teasing us with the Elaine, though.

Also, picked that up in passing :

10. LittleChicago

LittleChicago Headmaster DLP Supporter

Dammit...

First and second drafts =/= mix. Off to edit...

11. ParseltonguePhoenix

ParseltonguePhoenix Unspeakable

Pretty nice. I like the Elaine, too. Mostly because Molly isn't around and I'm not a Harry/Murphy fan, but still.

Also, the only further editing I saw is where you forgot to use the article 'a' a couple of times. Sorry, I'm rushing off, so I won't point them out at the moment.

This is definitely still hitting all the 5/5 marks.

12. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    As excellent as ever.

Keep it coming.

13. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

Sometimes I hate being right...

14. Datakim

Datakim Chief Warlock

It was a bit odd that Thomas used Esperacchius. While there is a theory about Thomas getting a sword, it is generally not Esperacchius but rather Amoracchius. Amoracchius is the sword of love and love is connected to the Raith vampires. Thomas is also one of the very very few White vampires apparently capable of feeling love(Justine). And finally there is that mention where Mab himself says that since Thomas is in love, he is mortal enough to be a knight. Ofcourse Mab meant Winter Knight but her phrasing fits quite well for a Knight of the Cross wielding the sword of love.

Some have even suggested that Amoracchius might be able to kill the phage demon inside Thomas and turn him mortal, allowing him to be with Justine. Not sure I would like that too much though.

15. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

Apparently Thomas prefers a saber. So obviously that means that (in the eyes of some fans) Sanya has to fucking die or be written out of the show. It's not like he can y'know diversify or learn new shit.

Besides I've always seen the Knights as a purely human affair, not sure why. And regardless of how he acts at a particular time Thomas is a ways off. And I mean human in a more biological sense, before someone jumps on me with the Terminator logic.

16. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Maybe I skimmed it, but did we get told what coin Deirdre tried to give Dresden?

I'll be cheering if it was Andurial. <_<

17. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

It can't be, Nicoeemus still has Anduriel, according to God he's still alive. Makes sense, considering the number of times he's mentioned in changes for no reason.

18. Datakim

Datakim Chief Warlock

Agreed. Thomas could easily learn to use another style. Heck, odds are Thomas is already atleast somewhat proficient with swords of other styles. Given the life he leads, he would want to be prepared.

Another reason for Sanya dying (in canon) that has been suggested is so that Harry will get all three swords. It has been suggested that he could use them to power up some magic ritual or somesuch.

Personally though, I think Sanya is great and I want him to hang around for quite a while.

Well, The White Court is a bit strange case in that strictly speaking they are living humans with souls, just humans that are "possessed" by a demon that influences their behaviour. It is actually curious that if you think about it, in some ways they Whites are closer to Denarians than they are to the other vampire-types.

But as I said, it has been suggested that Thomas would/could be turned mortal by Amoracchius. While I don't really support that idea, it is possible in theory. We know that love is capable of killing the White Demon permanently (Inari) and as has been said, Amoracchius is the sword of love. Taking up the sword willingly might have faith power sufficient to turn Thomas mortal, freeing him from the hunger and allowing him to be with Justine. And ofcourse in this case he would be a purely mortal knight. He would also have to learn to live without the vampiric powerboosts which I admit would be somewhat interesting I guess.

Does the author of this story know this? It has not yet been written in the books and while Butcher did confirm that Nicodemus is alive (and scared of Harry!), it is not exactly common knowledge.

19. LittleChicago

LittleChicago Headmaster DLP Supporter

Shit, let's ask him.

Yes, it seems he is aware of this particular Word of God... interesting.

20. Datakim

Datakim Chief Warlock

Err. Right. Ofcourse. Silly me.

Great story! Keep up the good work! :D