1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP The Butterfly Effect By Caspian Cambell - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by The-Hyphenated-One, Jun 8, 2015.

1. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Title: The Butterfly Effect
    Author: CaspianCambell
    Rating: T
    Genre: Adventure/Humor
    Chapters: 10
    Words: 53,205
    Updated: Jun 7
    Published: May 17
    Library Category: Alternates
    Pairings: None yet
    Summary: Promise me Hagrid - promise me you'll go back and check on him." Just a few words said differently could have changed history. Fate throws baby Harry into the custody of Kingsley Shacklebolt, assisted by a certain Alastor Moody. Heads will roll and history will change when this gets out. Dear world: The Chosen One has arrived, and he's here to kick your ass

Link: The Butterfly Effect

Stumbled across this one through scryer. The writing is pretty solid and the pace seems to be fairly quick as are the updates. The premise is something I haven't seen before, at least not done well. It's 50k words in and the rating might go up based on where the author takes it. It seems like a pretty massive undertaking for a story though.

Rating: 3.5/5

Edit by Minion: Proper formatting

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2015
  2. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

The original content is pretty good, but it falls to my personal pet peeve of copying sections of text from the original stories directly.

Edit: Read what's there. 2/5. Readable, but not expecting anything groundbreaking.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  3. KGB

KGB Headmaster

This fic uses the phrase "establish allies" unironically. Didn't read past that, because I imagine it involves Harry and his slytherin friends tickling each others bollocks with a swan feather due to "wizarding traditions".

Also the whole obliviationg Hagrid because "He's far too loyal to Dumbledore" smacks a bit to much of manipulative!Dumbles.

4. Photon

Photon Order Member

From reading random part of chapter 10 - it includes a standard bad fanon - a senile Dumbledore (""I just can't understand that man," sighed Kingsley. "He used to be so brilliant."").

I am not going to read or rate this but I am not expecting a well written story.