1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot The Cupboard by FranticArmoire - T

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by Dark Syaoran, Jul 29, 2012.

1. enembee

enembee The Nicromancer DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, I don't know why this was rated so highly. The evolution of Dudley didn't feel natural to me, but then it didn't feel natural in canon either, so I guess that's no surprise. I never really felt like Dudley needed redemption, some people are evil because they're bad people, but Dudley is just spoiled and stupid. I always felt like he'd grow up to be a reasonably decent person.

If Recall Alice wasn't quite so hit and miss in its writing, I'd recommend that as a much more interesting story about Dudley. But that struggles with some really OOC Harry and a serious lack of skill in the writing department.

Back to this; I'm not wildly keen to be honest. I don't think it brings anything to the table and the writing, though solid, isn't anything exceptional.

3/5

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  2. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

This. Decent read, but nothing special at all. Don't know how its getting high ratings since it seems llike a really average fic to me, with an interesting premise. 3/5.

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Pfft, enembee - it's 9.5 by anyone's standards.

Lolololololol.