The Elder Scrolls VI: High Rock

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Xiph0, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Clerith

Clerith Supreme Mugwump DLP Supporter

Very thorough video. I'm convinced it's Hammerfell.

2. Xiph0

Xiph0 Administrator Admin

3. Agayek

Agayek Alchemist

Not gonna lie, having not yet watched the video, I'm kinda baffled how someone could extrapolate anything of substance from the ten second video clip that's literally all we have to go on about the game. This is either going to blow my mind or convince me this guy is a lunatic unable to differentiate between reality and fantasy; middle ground just doesn't seem possible for this.

Edit: Okay, watched it, and I've gotta admit, the guy makes a good argument for Azra's Crossing being the ruin in the clip, even if he made that argument about fifteen times before he considered it done. The rest of it is less so, with some of his evidence being shaky at best, but the first bit alone is enough for a tentative conclusion, so I've gotta give him that much.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  4. nahbutualright

nahbutualright Fourth Year

Gotta hit that 10 minute mark, that's where the money is.

5. Agayek

Agayek Alchemist

Nah. It's just more implausible and shaky evidence supporting a conclusion that doesn't make much sense on further examination.

For example, he points out a set of mountains in the distance of the trailer and says "Those have snow, so they must be the Jeral mountains just south of the Reach in Skyrim", despite the fact that, if he's right about the camera angle and positioning, the mountains he's pointing at are literally on the opposite side of Hammerfell from Skyrim. Or how he points at the 3 extensions from the coast out into the water to determine the location, but ignores the fourth that juts out in the distance.

The only good argument he makes is the whole bit he opens with re: Azra's Crossing, and that one's definitely solid enough I'd be willing to accept it as decently likely, but the rest of the video is dubious at best.