1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot The End or Perhaps, the Beginning by Dark Syaoran - M - Oneshot

Discussion in 'Dark Arts' started by Dark Syaoran, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Title: The End or Perhaps, the Beginning.
    Author: Dark Syaoran.
    Rating: M.
    Suggested Forum: Dark Arts.
    Genre: General/Supernatural.
    Published: January 23, 2007
    Words: 2,448

Summary: [Complete] The diary of Tom Marvolo Riddle contains more than a mere memory. Harry is about to find out how true that is. [During CoS.] [One Shot]

Link: FicWad.Com

Link: DLP.Net

Link: PatronusCharm.Net

Checked by Minion, Nov. 19, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2012
  2. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

4.*9*/5 Nice Syao, Very nice.

3. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Lawlz, 3 sites o_O_o.

Ok, you set up an opportunity for a few cool elements here, I think:

1) You have Tom!Harry punishing traitors to the Aristocratic class with relative ease + gore.

2) You have the Obliviate spell causing someone to go vegetable.

I dunno where you intend to take this, but it's an interesting enough start that I didn't Crtl+W out.

3/5 without gravity curse, since CoS fics - even if they're rare - usually use a lot of the same elements (ie, Tom-Harry). With it, 4/5.

*Not voting/rating the thread until the next few chaps are out.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  4. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Not a bad one-shot.

The only thing that feels wrong is Riddle's "Must kill blood-traitors!" thing. I mean, at this point he was still trying to play everyone's favorite perfect boy. Even if he had an irrational desire to kill all blood traitors (instead of rule over them), I simply don't see him going around like an automaton, casting dark arts; Dumbledore would have had him expelled a long time ago if he was that careless.

Oh, the mark: 4/5

5. ulkser

ulkser Groundskeeper

a good one-shot. i really want to see this becoming a lenghty fic. Tom being the dominant part in the new character makes it even better. 4.5/5

6. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Ahh, yes. I was waiting till someone pointed that out. My view on the Horcruxes is that each one got a small piece of his personality. This piece got more of his extreme views, which sometimes over-powers his reasoning ability. I know it makes sixteen year old Riddle completely psycho, but it's only supposed to be a 7th, in which his more extreme feelings had been stored.

Also, the Horcrux, I believe, was created after Myrtle's death, which means he had been setting the Basilisk on muggleborns already, which is fairly psychotic.

And I just noticed that the extreme views suits being in the diary, which detailed his chamber experiences[FONT=&quot][/FONT], in which he found a monster to use for his extreme views. Confusing, no? :p

I hope it clears it up. The sequel would go more in-depth, if I get around too it, which would explain all this and more. I have a few theories stored away.

7. Thorn

Thorn Professor

That was really good. I think it should be continued, it seems as though it would be one of the better possession fics. Harry seemed genuinely confused and I'm curious as to see where Harry Tom Riddle Potter take himself in this AU.

8. Rob

Rob Looked into the void

Good, Syao. Hard to read in a good way. Hope to see more of it (ie: a chaptered story) from you soon.

Edit: You might consider revising the line about shutting his invisibility cloak :p Watch your pronouns.

9. huntedorange

huntedorange Seventh Year

Brilliant one-shot. One of my favourite i think, pity it wont turn into a full length fic but i can see why you wont do that. 5/5

10. haroon_angel

haroon_angel Fourth Year

very nice one-shot

11. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

I love how Harry/Tom acts, instead of a possession is it almost like they merge.

12. yojorocks

yojorocks Seventh Year

Very interesting idea; I enjoy how Harry is confused as to his age and what parts of his history are real, but in my opinion he recovered a bit too fast.

Being upset over the murder of his pet and murdering the blood traitors is a nice start, but you need to continue that confusion outside the Chamber. Having him do something simple, like getting halfway to the Slytherin dorms before realizing that his stuff was in Griffyndor, or having him glance at his picture album and look at his father and mother for the first time, would have made it much more potent. Right now it seems as though he is much more Tom than Harry as soon as he exits the chamber, and although you can argue that this is valid (16 years worth of memories versus 12), it shouldn't be quite that overly invasive without something else happening. Harry is just as persistant and headstrong as Voldemort is ruthless, so the two halves getting along with each other so quickly is a bit of a stretch.

Perhaps Harry uses Tom's feeble forays into occlumency to organize his mind and therefore gave dominate control to the part that tried to figure out what the hell was going on. Regardless, superb start. Keep up the good work!

5/5 so far.

13. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

Well written indeed, with the confusion of personality being done quite well. In some parts, however, the "but my name is Tom, isn't it?" was repetitive, but it added to the total impact well enough.

One thing: I thought Ron tossed Lockhart's wand out the window of the Defense classroom, which is why Lockhart had to steal Ron's to cast the spell?

4.5/5, I hope you turn this into a full fic. Could be extremely interesting to see Harry trying to fight the urge to join/support/even ressurect Voldemort, or you could go the complete other way and either have him do it willingly, or perhaps kill Voldemort to make Tom!Harry the new Dark Lord?

I wonder how Dumbledore will be dealt with, too.

To everyone else: See how the DLP Spell List can be 'kekeke-worthy'? :D

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  14. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

I thought it was alright. The only real problem I had with it is that someone else had the same idea awhile back, and his one shot went into far more detail then yours, so anytime I think of this idea I'll think of his one shot and not yours. 3/5, because someone had the same idea and did it better, IMO.

gaffa's fic, for anyone interested: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2717596/1/

15. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Yeah, I didn't really look for what happened to the wand. I'll either change the scene or slap a big fat 'AU' on it.
    He hasn't completely recovered yet, as you'll see in the sequel when I get around to it, but he was stable enough to make it around the school without problem. What I will say is there will be a flashback that shows what happens between Ron's Obliviate and returning to Gryffindor Tower in there somewhere, that'll reveal more surprises.
    And a shame it hasn't been continued. This oneshot wasn't supposed to go in-depth like his did. That is what the sequel will be for, explaining everything and the reasons why. This was like a... prologue. I didn't want to reveal everything straight away, or that would suck. But yes, 'Ink is Thicker Than Water' is great.

16. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

Very good. I'd be interested in seeing a mult-chaptered fic come out of it. Looks like it could make for an interesting read.

17. Swimdraconian

Swimdraconian Denarii Host DLP Supporter

4/5 for the excellent use of the DLP spell list.

5/5 if you write more. ;)

18. calutron

calutron Unspeakable

please write more(5/5), what more can anyone say?

19. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Okay. I edited a few things like spelling mistakes and such. I probably didn't get them all still but shit happens. I fixed the Lockhart wand problem. It's no longer used, as well as some added confusion after the chamber, but not much. Just a line added in.

Well, that's all.