1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Flash

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Rahkesh Asmodaeus, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

No scholar here since I have never read comics but I think it is just a convinent place to send her. She will probably become Speedster Hero Jessie Quick there and return at some point

2. Blorcyn

Blorcyn Chief Warlock DLP Supporter DLP Silver Supporter

So the new flash is out. A pretty dark opening.

mostly enjoyable but a pretty herpy derpy standard hero plotline and ending, so I can't say I took too much enjoyment. Excepting, Cisco progressing his vibe powers was pretty good. Still fairly stupid sunglasses, though.

3. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I'd like this show so much more if they didn't have to make Barry a complete idiot to advance the plot all the time.

I really thought Teddy Sears was boring as hell as Jay Garrick the first half of the season. Man, was last night a treat for him. :)

4. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Here is the problem with Iris. Her personal stakes, while important to her, are only important to her. I mean, there is always personal stuff that various characters are dealing with, but in some way, it always ties back into the main Flash/superpowers issues. Wells, for example, kinda earned his whole worrying about his daughter thing because that had been his motivation for so long, but it also never just stays at that. While he has that, he also has his ideological clashes with Barry and the others and plays an integral part in the main team.

Same with Cisco and Caitlyn. They both have side issues, but they also contribute to the main team. Joe does this to a lesser degree but he is an important, helpful support character who is also now building a bridge to the inevitable second Flash, Wally.

Iris...doesn't do any of that. She is not a scientist, so she can't help on that front, she is not a healer, not a fighter, not a thinker, not a planner, not a solver, not anything tangentially useful to anything with the main plot except being the inevitable love interest to Barry. Her being a reporter is...so what? It's not like the Flash is Spider-Man, hated by most people and she has to sway public opinion, or that she discovers new plot threads like Louis does in the Superman animated show. They kinda had that in two episodes but it was mostly resolved relatively fast without much of her input. The most she did were her initial interviews and articles but honestly, Iris just halts the show with her will they-won't they stuff.

So, when the team is worrying about opening a portal to another world to attack Zoom, seeing her being concerned about her love life is...kinda annoying.

All that said, Cisco's constant worrying about his powers being super corrupting is getting really annoying.

Also, yeah, why the FUCK did they honour their agreement? No poison on the syringe? Barry was faster, wasn't he? Besides, Barry gets his ass kicked all the time by way slower people, why don't they have any plan except for "get faster"?

Small question, the beginning, where Flash disappeared and appeared, that was the duration during which he appeared on Supergirl, right? Which he didn't tell anyone about. Right when they were searching for a way to cross dimensions, he didn't tell them that he had just CROSSED DIMENSIONS BY RUNNING FAST. And he somehow completely forgot about it.

5. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

Promo for next episode:

Looks like theyre going the same route they did in the Paradox movie which is awesome.

Also Wells opening like to Barry about no one having any speed to help him was savage.

6. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Huh. I think I just figured something out.

The dude in the cell is Zoom's dad. That's why he knows the old military code.

7. Nemrut

High Score:
    Newest episode was pretty entertaining, especially towards the end. Looking forward to the next one.

I think Barry is now in the speedforce and the two new speedsters need to pull him out

8. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

I think this is because they didn't quite want to tell their fan base to go watch Supergirl. If they talked a lot about it, it might get many Flash fans curious as to what happened, and start watching Supergirl. It seems this was the writers way of saying that they aren't quite ready to recommend it to their fans.

9. Nemrut

High Score:
    That seems unnecessarily petty, given the amount of Arrow crossovers they've had.

10. funkytoad

funkytoad Fifth Year

Arrow is fine since they're both The CW shows, but Supergirl is a CBS show.

11. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Plus, the Flash is a spinoff of the Arrow, they are connected and in the same universe. The Supergirl crossover seems to be a one time thing to help Supergirls ratings, and really has nothing to do with The Flash itself.

12. Blorcyn

I caught up on the most recent episode: unexpected. The whole cisco sub-plot was a bit of a let down, and the more we see of Zoom out of the mask the more disinterested I become. I want to see some time shenanigans and the actual jay garrick and have this all come to a head.

Exciting end though. I wonder how they're going to play it from here out.

13. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

So, Supergirl Season 2 will be moved to the CW funnily enough.

Wonder if they are going to try to implement more crossovers.

14. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

That ending, holy shit... Also Wally finally realised who Barry is.

Altho looks like next episode is just going to be a season 1 repeat tbh.

Edit

So season finale wasnt bad, the plotholes were a bit annoying but Wally was solid.

That ending setting up Paradox storyline tho, I imagine that crossover theyre hyping up will be part of this story and bringing in Supergirl to this universe somehow, maybe when they reverse the effects of this finale they will have the Supergirl verse be attached to this verse somehow.

Last edited: May 25, 2016
  15. Nemrut

High Score:
    Really not sure how this is going to play out, I am hoping it won't drag on the new timeline for too long, so we can get Wells and his character development back into play asap. Still, if this is what allows them to have more Supergirl crossovers, sign me up for that. That crossover was where both characters were at their strongest.

16. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Loved the new episode, although I wasn't sure about the team's plan for dealing with Zoom. This is a guy who's demonstrated the ability to create and travel through breaches at will, why would sending him back to Earth 2 accomplish anything at all? He could, and did, just pop right back over. I think I was missing a part where they planned to 'seal the breaches' in a more concrete manner, since that's what they told Wally they planned to do, but seeing as they hadn't done it by the time he got there, there would be plenty of time for Zoom to get back. I think it would have made more sense for them to try the speed draining drug again, no?

If the new timeline has Earth 1's original Harrison Wells, Tom Cavanagh will have played a different version of the character (primarily) in each season, which is hilarious.

That said, while I'm pumped for Flashpoint, I think that keeping a new timeline will be too tricky to manage considering we'd have basically new versions of all the characters we've come to enjoy. There's also the consideration of how this will affect all the linked shows (and Supergirl too, now).

17. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

I think this is how they plan to bring Supergirl in to this verse rather than keeping paralel. Which would be good.
    I liked the xover episode and I don't even watch Supergirl. I might pick it up tough.

18. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I sincerely hope it erases the last few seasons of Arrow.

19. Legend3381

Legend3381 Seventh Year

High Score:
    Time travel and altering the past is what Killed Heroes. It invalidates what you have done in previous seasons and makes import matters like death and other actions meaningless. I hope the ending wasn't the kiss of death for the show. It is much better than arrow but at lead they can link supergirl's multiverse with the flash

20. Blorcyn

The ending made up for a lacklustre disposal of Zoom. Makes me want to go and watch the flashpoint animated film again.

And there's a good supergirl cross over episode? Is that properly in her series then? I've not watched any of that due to the response it got from the forum when it opened, is it worth/understandable watching the crossover episode as a standalone?