1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned The Fourth Power by Fullsailnate - T

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by Kaotac, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Kaotac

Kaotac Second Year

Title: The Fourth Power
    Author: Fullsailnate
    Rating: T
    Genre: Action/Supernatural
    Pairing: Harry/Hermione
    Chapters: 28
    Words: 72,295
    Updated: July 28, 2006
    Published: July 14, 2003

Summary: Harry and Hermione have formed a secret society in order to destroy the Dark Lord's forces. Will they succeed? Will they be able to keep it secret?
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1429871/1/

This is great story as far as I'm concerned. Got a great imagination when it comes to killing characters, and I don't think he slips into many cliche's.
    As of the last chapter, it also became a Time Travel fic, kind of, but I'm hoping he'll have some flashbacks to going into more detail about how the Ministry try to handle his new school.
    Anyway, good read. Check it out if you havn't already.

Checked by Minion, March 4, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2013
  2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I started reading this when it just started but I didnt like it for some reason.

3. Kaotac

Kaotac Second Year

How can you not like Lucius Malfoy being shot, or a Death Eater being transigured into a corpse so after the autopsy, when Finite Incantatum is cast, he bleeds out?
    Or Voldie's tea being laced with a power sapping potion? It's fuuun!

4. magyareagle

magyareagle Guest

Extremely good

Extremely well written Harry/Hermione. I can't wait to see where it goes. An unusual take on the portkey.

5. Kaotac

Kaotac Second Year

I usually try to avoid any kind of ship, because I just can't stand fluff. But this can't really be classified as fluff. Just a shame that he doesn't go into much detail on the ouchie-hurty-painful-demon-sex.

6. theshiryu

theshiryu Guest

Nice. this is one of the few fics I havevn't grown tired of after reading a chapter more than once. Can't wait to see where it is going

7. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Very good. That ending is absolutely brilliant. Too bad it stopped there, it only needed a few more chapters to be combleted.

8. DGD

DGD Headmaster

Unfortunately I'm a pairing whore. I will not read Harry/Hermione or Harry/Ginny no-matter what.

9. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I'm in the exact same boat. If it's Harry/Ginny, Harry/Hermione or slash, I'm not going to read.

10. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Heh. Hermione isnt that bad... if its well writen. Otherwise, DIE!

11. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Kill the Weaselette make sure she lies in a gutter on a street corner, something degrading! Dark Syaoran got to agree can stand the mudblood with Harry only if it's well written otherwise i have to say he degrades himself with her! maybe if someone introduced her to a bit of Mary Jane she might mellow out some?

12. bornagainpenguin

bornagainpenguin DLP Archivist

Continuing the discussion..

Well since the old thread's about to be deleted I thought I'd bump this one up a little...

He has a yahoogroup here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/draconus_group/

But it too looks quite dead IMHO. I just added the latest chapters of The Fourth Power to it tho' just in case FF.net does something typical.

--bornagainpenguin

13. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

I just read this story on FF.Net and was going to introduce it, except that it's already here. I thought I would tell you that it's not abandoned, in fact, Chapter 28 was posted on 7/28/06.
    For those who don't like Snape....well, he's death is just as grizzily as the first Death Eater's. Remus really takes a bit out of him.....literally.

14. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

I look forward to seeing how he ends up wrapping it up...hopefully with his mastery of Dumbledore's single-wand dueling style.

15. CGB

CGB Auror

I just read it and like the story. There isn't much to say anymore, except that I'll give this story 4 stars.

16. Prophet of the Waves

Prophet of the Waves First Year

This is a good story and I found it really funny:banana: but hopfuly dumbledore dies a slow and painful death same with the rest of the order that came now that snape is dead:)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2006
  17. Kalen_Darkmoon

Kalen_Darkmoon First Year

A very enjoyable fic. I look forward to Harry's duel w/ Dumbledore. I hope he makes the old bast*rd pay for the years of abuse he was left under the Dursleys.

18. Dragon Watcher

Dragon Watcher Third Year

I liked the story and the only major Order character there I like is Moody, even though he was a major jackass.

19. Kid Leo

Kid Leo First Year

I loved it. I don't normaly read stories that long because they get boring fast. I liked this story though.

20. Khantael

Khantael First Year

I've been reading this story for quite a while and I really enjoy it. I loved the idea of the Imperial Dragon Circle, and thought that it was an interesting idea to pass themselves off as more people than there really are was an interesting bit of strategy too. Not to mention, it's a story where I'm not instantly annoyed by Hermione.

I thought it gets a bit... staler (for lack of a better word) towards the end when they're "found out", but that's probably just because there hasn't been a massive amount of action yet like there was in the beginning.

All in all, a very good story.