1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Gray Side by CrazyRabidChicken - T

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Evil Shnitzel, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Evil Shnitzel

Evil Shnitzel High Inquisitor

Title: The Gray Side
    Author: CrazyRabidChicken
    Genre: Action/Adventure/Mystery
    Rating: T
    Summary:
    What would have happened all those years ago, when Harry had to enter the Chamber of Secrets to rescue Ginny, if Fawkes had been incapacitated? What if Harry had not had the healing tears to save him?
    Link : http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2993584/1/ :)

This story is very original and enjoyable even though it's short and have many plotholes.
    And I didn't forget the link! =)

2. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

Not a bad fic. The chapters are a little too short. I think I'll wait and see how this continues though.

3. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Well, this got to be one of the lamest introductions to an Independant!Harry story I've seen... But still, at least its literate to an extent, and TRYING to be original...

Last edited: Jun 19, 2006
  4. Interesting story...short and kinda lame, but original, gotta give credit for that. I'll have to wait and see how it turns out before truly passing judgement.

5. doc_gerbil

doc_gerbil Sixth Year

did he spell grey wrong in the title, or is that a different word than the one i am thinking of.

6. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

Meh...like said before, this is a pretty uninspiring start to an Indy!Harry fic, but it does have some positives. This author writes pretty well, and he has been original...so far, so it's a good way to pass the time. I guess once it gets longer and more developed that it will become much easier to judge, because at the moment it's just a good piece of writing, but not much else.

7. HiddenETC

HiddenETC Second Year

I think gray is how you spell the American version of it, while grey is like the English version (or something like that).
    For the story, well, it isn't the worst one I've read. The idea's original, and I actually could understand what was written unlike some other fics. This story is only 3 chapters in as well, so, there's a possibility it'll get better as well.

8. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

I like the idea of something different. Even if it is all cheap, skip the training, the dead people told me stuff.

Probably what peeves me most though is that it's three chapters, and the first is called "Prologue" while the second one is basically at the same time as the "prologue" and the third, jumps five years later. And even combined all three are barely a respectable chapter length. *sigh*

Points for a decent idea, but this is way too early to tell... well, anything really.

9. ulkser

ulkser Groundskeeper

it is a good way to spend time, though it only takes 10 minutes.
    chapters should be longer. the idea is original and it is certainly not boring.

10. CGB

CGB Auror

The writing style is OK and the idea is original. Downside is the chapter length. To judge properly I'll have to see how the plot develops, but it doesn't seem to be too bad.

11. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Author really needs to add... another 5,000 words to his or her chapters to make it worth while.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2006
  12. KANE

KANE Groundskeeper

originak but i didn't like it. The writing style maked it seem that the author is trying too hard to sound good.

13. GLV

GLV Squib

It's kinda short but seems original. Also why do any of you recommend such short stories???

14. Some short starting stories turn out to be really good as the author moves along and gets the hang of writing.

15. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

Story link no longer works. The author's profile and other stories remain at ff.net, but this one has disappeared.

Given that it was only three short chapters and everyone felt ambivalent about it, it probably doesn't belong in the library.