1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned The Happy Red Prince by LT2000 - T

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by LT2000, Jun 7, 2005.

1. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

THis is honestly one of my favorite stories ever, and it is SUCH a fucking shame that its been so long since it was updated.

Dude, just write 3 more chapters than move forward to 4th year. Do the Christmas thing, and get it done in three from there. YOu honestly don't need more than that. NExt chapter include the sword, the CHristmas, and the first month of new semester.

Chapter after that is Harry discovering about the Stone and figuring out about Fluffy and who guards it. And some romance with Cho.

Final Chapter is the big climax and any aftermath you want.

It doesn't have to be perfect, at this point I would settle for just getting it done.

P.S.

Really, Truly, Sincerely

UPDATE SOON!!! :D

2. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Romance? He's a firstie, none of that. Close friendship maybe, but nothing more. Besides, there's more yet I need to do in this first year. Particularly introducing Harry's personal bodyguard and including some antics with them.

3. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Should be starting a new chapter tomorrow. This will probably become my primary HP fic, at least for awhile.

4. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

I don't usually like to bump old topics, but I have to ask, LT2000, is this story abandoned? Usually after 4 months without an update, I assume it is, but I don't want to believe that here, as this is one of my favorite stories EVER.

What do you think? How's that update coming from May? Any hope? None?

I'm going to rant for a second here, so skip this paragraph if you want, but it just seems like there are no good stories anymore (besides Nonjons, and Jberns.) I don't know. :sighs:

5. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

^ True, quality stories are hard to come by these days. I do really hope that we get an update here. The characterisation of Harry is one of my favoutites ever.

6. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

7. Brooklynight

Brooklynight Seventh Year

I ahve to say that I love this story now that I read it. The first time that I tried reading this fic I was really put of by the possiability of a pampered Harry and only read the first chapter. Once I saw it on this site I decided to give this story another shot and was not disapointed at all.

This characterization of Harry is the most original that I have seen in a while. Usually in a Lord!Harry fic the author protrays Harry as a fark figure that prefers dark robes and dragonhide boots, its nive to see an excentirc Harry for a change. Another thing that I enjoyed reading is Harry being a Hedonist, in most fics were he has monney even in rewrites Harry is shown as uncomfortable with his opulent surroundings, its nice to see him take it in stride.

The fencing was well done in this story, Harry actually trains to attain his skill with a sword even though he is a prodigy and isn't automatically good at the craft. Or worse yet be Sword of Godric Gryfirndor makes him a master swords man, that just bugs the hell out of me.

The whole Malfoy family is interesting to read, Lucius isn't an incompetent duelist as is the case in many fics. Also Narcissa isn't some sort of abused slave but a loving partner, a welcome change.

I'm all for you skiping two years and going right into the forth but I'm wonderig whats going to happen with Sirius since he would obviously tell Harry anout the Malfoy's involvement in the war. Harry already has shown a distaste for the racism and I'm wondering how he would deal with that sort of information.

Overall this and IP's fic are the two best ones that I have read in a long time.

8. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

This certainly is original. However, I'm not sure if that's such a good thing, atm. I'm sure, though, that once we hit fourth year, Harry will be much better. He will have had his ideals about Lockhart crushed, will have grown up a bit, and will have three years of magical experience under his belt.

I also liked the rough draft you posted. While I'm not really one for such filler, I can make an exception with this one, as it introduces a whole new aspect to the story: politics. We see Harry, who's not satisfied by either group in the Wizengamot, yet he is unknowingly supporting the Preservationists. His eyes are also opened up a bit to Lucius' manipulations. Very good job.

Another thing I love about this story is your Dumbledore. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that he was manipulating Harry mightily during their little impromptu meeting. It seemed that every time Harry started to go against Dumbledore's ideals, Dumbledore would do something very subtle to abash Harry. That was much more attractive than the run-of-the-mill Dumbledore who's manipulations are obvious. I'm also finding myself liking this story much more that Dakaath, although the manga influences in that story put me off in the first place.

Good work, keep it up.

9. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

Completely fantastic story, hope you pick it up again.

10. Muttering Condolences

Muttering Condolences Card Captored and buttsecksed

A little off topic but please say you have something, even a sentence, of another chapter of Dakaath written.

11. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Wrong thread.

Nice tidbit, weird description of the sides but cool OC's. I still want to see Harry bust out on a bitch, but the plot & enviroment is all there.

Hope you finish it up soon, fairly interesting.

12. niceplay

niceplay Squib

Absolutely brilliant! love this fic.. hope you update soon! and do the same for dakaath.. both were great fic.. ja!

13. fantasyfreak

fantasyfreak Fifth Year

out of LT2000 stories this is probaly my least favorite but all his work is amazing so overall 6/10 and I hope you gain back your inspiration for your 2 HP fics

14. Preaceps

Preaceps Raptured to Hell

I simply love harry's character in this fic, it's a shame really that it's stopped. now i have to use my imagination for the rest of the story.

15. Lucullus

Lucullus High Inquisitor

Where's that, "You gonna get raped" picture when you need it?

16. madeyemoody

madeyemoody High Inquisitor

*Coughs pointedly*
    [​IMG]

Seriously if you had at least asked the author something this picture wouldn't have had to rear its ugly head. On a side note is this abandoned?

madeyemoody

17. Lucullus

Lucullus High Inquisitor

I think it's on an indefinite hiatus or something. Not too sure, you have to ask LT.

18. Mechanicalchrist

Mechanicalchrist Groundskeeper

I think it might be abandoned.

19. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

It just might!

...Yeah, it is.

20. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

And no amount of beggin has worked on him especially on Dakaath.