1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dead Link The Interrogator by adrien skywalker

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Heleor, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

Title: The Interrogator
    Author: adrien skywalker
    Category: In Progress
    Rating: M
    Pairings: Listed as Naruto/Ino
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4659698/1/The_Interrogator
    Summary: After the graduation incident, a depressed Naruto runs into Ibiki by accident. Impressed, Naruto decides to become the newest interrogation and torture expert of Konoha. Watch as he joins ANBU after graduation and learns the ropes from Ibiki himself.

Yeah, the author name isn't very inspiring. Oh well. This story features a Naruto who joins the Interrogation department of ANBU right after becoming Genin. It's definitely AU, but is made completely worth it when he
    sticks a rose vine up Mizuki's ass and sets his balls on fire. Literally.
    . Treat it as a crack-fic, and laugh.

Checked by Minion, February 11, 2015
    Dead link is dead. If you know where to find another copy of the story, please inform the library staff.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2015
  2. AntiChrist

AntiChrist Professor

Writing is too terrible for me to read. Grammar sucked and their were capitalization errors all over. Not worth reading for a single perhaps moderately funny scene. 1/5

3. GiantMonkeyMan

GiantMonkeyMan High Inquisitor

I read it, liked the unique interrogation of Mizuki, read on, didn't understand why the author gave him some uber-drug that made interrogation pointless... fuck, to be honest its shit but I'll give it 2/5 just for the first torture scene which I thought had potential. I just can't treat it as a crack fic when I know the author is trying to be all serious and cool yet failing miserably. The ANBU's comments behind the glass made me cringe.

4. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

I disliked it. The interrogation was written horribly, every action included a description of how surprised everyone was by it. Even if it wasn't surprising. Also, it's like Naruto becomes an "expert" interrogator by reading one book. Even if I look at this as parody, it's just not that great.

And it wasn't intended to be a parody.
    1/5

Edit: I only managed to read the first chapter, but skipping to the end of the second led to me discovering this gem.
    Edit2:
    Oh the lulz. The day after Naruto meets the advisers.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  5. Ksai

Ksai Third Year

This... This made me stop reading.
    Maybe this fic worth more then I think, but I just cant force myself to read any further...

Not my piece of cake.

6. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

I managed to read the whole thing and as it goes on it really feels like the author pulled an Orochimaru with Naruto..

That is to say peeled of his skin and wore it as his own, he's constantly inserting how much any other characters in the scene look at him with respect and amazement etc etc.

I doubt it will make it past chunin exams, probably stopping when the prelim/final round involves too many characters that aren't adrien, I mean Naruto, fighting and being the center of attention.

The "torture" is flat and boring, it doesn't shock, it doesn't disgust it doesn't really do anything, it feels like he's trying too hard.

2/5, not worth reading, but he gets some points at least for not writing in first person or forgetting Naruto's name.

7. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I'm writing this review off of memory, so forgive me if the details are fuzzy.

As noted above, this fic has a semi-original idea. Unfortunately, adrien cannot write worth balls. His grammar is atrocious, making reading any of his stories a chore and his characterization is poor.

He starts out with nifty idea but the execution is so poorly done that the end result is unreadable.

2/5 for not indulging in plagiarism.

8. Ceebee

Ceebee High Inquisitor

Honestly, I felt like this deserved a bump, you HAVE to read this story again (well, from like chapter 10 onwards atleast). Not because the author has gotten any better, but because of the exact opposite. This, is how you ruin a story. It was going fine, and then....

Well you need to read it for yourself, when I think about it scratch my head in wonderment.

9. asa

asa First Year

It takes him up to 10 chapters this time? That's a new record.

10. Calis Clayr

Calis Clayr Seventh Year

One of the smallest countries in the world
    This.

He utterly ruins the story because he can't write worth a damn, even though his ideas have potential. Which makes it all the more annoying.

1/5

11. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

You posted an A. Skywalker Fic? Sigh. Zero Shakes his head

12. asa

asa First Year

It adds to the variety of stories covered here? The lower end of a spectrum and all that.

13. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Except that...we don't really want bad fics in our archives.

14. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

"Because of what had happened, he had asked the hokage to grant him a temporary leave for 2 weeks. The hokage had agreed after some persuasion."

Temporary leave from what? He just became a real ninja and he wants to leave for two weeks?
    Did he get his team and his team will wait two weeks for him to recovery?

"Although he didn't realize it, the young boy was close to having a nervous and mental breakdown."
    Did the Hokage not notice how stressed this Naruto is and did nothing to help him? Is the Hokage stupid?

"He noticed a huge man, wearing a large trench coat and a bandanna , reading a book. When, he saw the man's face, naruto flinched. The man's face was a crisscross of jagged scars, and he radiated a kind of power and authority, which made it clear that nobody wanted to mess with him."
    I want to be tought men that no one messes with me.

I could do something like that into the story. This is crap. 1/5

EDIT

Oh damn. I was looking at the last chapter.
    "“Impossible!! A genjutsu? But, no genjutsu can prevail against my Eien no Mangekyo Sharingan!!” Madara blurted as Naruto shook his head in reluctant admonishment, “You place too much faith in that shitty eye infection you call as a bloodline.”"
    How generic is that? "THAT IS IMPOISSIBLE!!! I CAN NOT BE DEFENEDED!!!"
    Also Naruto is extra cool as he swears and belittles the overpowered eyes.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  15. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Third Year

A.S. has a new story up. Called Plan. Looks like a Naruto comes back in time after a horrific future and meets up with Hiruzen and explains how fucked up the future is. Except instead of Naruto saying that he's some uncle's, brother's, sister's, nephew's, son's, former roomate of Minato, Hiruzen has him take up the name Minato. As in Naruto takes up Minato's name and everything that goes with it.

There's something about how Naruto somehow absorbed Minato's memories from the seal or something, which explains how he could pass as being Minato. There really isn't enough to see how this story is going to go but indications is that it's going to focus on Naruto training up Naruto and how things would be different for the enemies of Konoha (the Uchiha's, Danzou, and Akatsuki) if Konoha had the famed Yellow Flash instead of a burnt out Hiruzen.

16. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

Do. Not. Want.

17. Chaoticblues

Chaoticblues Professor

Woah... Why is this in the archives? What I see wrong a couple chapters in:

1) Naruto is some crazy torture expert now that awes and shocks veteran assassins/interrogators with his funky new techniques

2) concocts a truth serum that no one EVER even thought was possible not even a couple months into his profession

3) is completely disrespectful to the counsel members who totally ignore it and then end up praising/respecting him?

4) Counsel members made up of presumably intelligent polititians and veteren ninja actually have to consider whether or not letting Sasuke participate is necessary? Sasuke in canon hates that he is not getting strong fast enough to kill his brother, which is the main, probably only, reason he defected. So now telling him that he's too weak to even participate in an exam when all other rookies are allowed to is suppose to keep Orochimaru's hands off him how? If anything this would make it much easier for Orochimaru to turn him o_O.

5) This story has horrible grammar and is going absolutely nowhere, just like all of his other fics. As someone else said before, this guy is inserting himself into Naruto's shoes too much and he's just trying to stroke his own ego until it gets nice and massive, which totally blew up in his face.

18. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

Yeah, when this was posted, nobody was really using the For Review forum for Other Fandoms. This topic should be killed.

19. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

This made it into the archives? This 3000 + word pile of internet shit is DLP quality?

I agree this topic should be destroyed ASAP, can't believe the kind of garbage I am finding in the Naruto section. At least put a 1 star so that we don't have to see this get accidentally put into the Naruto section.

20. asa

asa First Year

I see a "Recycling Bin", even if I don't understand how that works when stories below 3 stars are still found in the archive. Were none of them reviewed before being added?

But maybe what's needed for works like this is a trash bin. Or a hall of shame. OK, that second one might be too nasty.